To Those Still Standing By Ally

WCPRANGERS1

One thing in all of this is 100% certain: had Ally gone out and signed 3rd div players on 3rd div wages or simply played the u20s, and had we not won leagues last and this season, folk would have been screaming "why did you not get 1st div or spl players".

So he was damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

Within all these ally-outers there is a common theme. No viable realistic alternative. Mcinnes and Davies are daft. Similarly McCall and Butcher.

So unless realistic alternatives can be listed, sticking with what we have seems the more sensible option.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing in all of this is 100% certain: had Ally gone out and signed 3rd div players on 3rd div wages or simply played the u20s, and had we not won leagues last and this season, folk would have been screaming "why did you not get 1st div or spl players".

Within all these ally-outers there is a common theme. No viable realistic alternative. Mcinnes and Davies are daft. Similarly McCall and Butcher.

So unless realistic alternatives can be listed, sticking with what we have seems the more sensible option.

Exactly

Mcleish.

I agree Ally was damned if he did or didnt, his players are getting an easy ride because he is taking all the stick. But whos to blame for that? Maybe hes just too much of a nice guy or whatever.

I think we would all have been happy enough if he signed SPL Quality players and had them playing to their ability.

He has brought in SPL level players on inflated SPL level wages and has them playing to a fraction of their ability. Having a 1st team wage bill of c£8m and getting a doing off a rotten Raith Rovers team in the Ramsdens Cup, going in as huge underdogs against the first SPL side we have faced this season and gettign dumped out the League Cup by an part time team is not acceptable.

We should open the position up to applications and see who the best option is.

Right now, I would probably be up for giving the job to Michael Schumacher or a random hobo rather than allow McCoist to continue.

Actually, if given the option right now, I would probably rather you had the job than McCoist. A magic 8 ball would probably have a better success rate.

It's not an impression, it's what I think and it was in answer to a question.

He has had one management job, where he quickly built a 15 point lead, then for the next two seasons he has won the league.

There are, in my opinion, plenty of clubs who would be interested in the knowledge of the game, league winning pedigree and managerial skills that Ally would bring

:lol: managerial skills

Actually, if given the option right now, I would probably rather you had the job than McCoist. A magic 8 ball would probably have a better success rate.

Honestly the problems we have dont seem that hard to solve, which is the most frustrating thing.

Its a cliche statement but big Jock or even Walter would boot their players up the arse the way they act. They say "get off this twitter shite, out of nandos and onto the training pitch, if I get another shite performance youll be dropped for the rest of the season you wee prick" whereas I imagine Ally giving pats on the back saying "better luck next time"

get the players into training, tell Moshni, Black etc to get their fingers out or get sacked, get a half decent coaching staff to show the players something more than high balls, stop pandering to diddy teams, thats what I want anyway. I honestly think Ally is victim of a media blackout and cant see what we all can see right under our noses.

Some of the players attitudes is shocking "they cant afford to sack me" attitude. Needs to get nipped in the bud.

In fairness, none of that affects his ability to make a sensible substitution, rest a player who obviously needs it, play youth players when the league is won or communicate with his players rather than standing with his arms folded for entire games.

McCoist secured his most important task for the season by getting us promoted comfortably.

And I do apologise as I had genuinely forgotten all about the folded arms crisis that has so enraged some supporters.

You sound upset that he keeps winning championships in the face of difficulties experienced by no other Rangers manager.

Many managers would crawl over broken glass to suffer the 'difficulties' Ally has had to deal with! You obviously have no comprehension of what adversity is in footballing terms.

The main thing ally has to achieve is promotion and he has done that. I am aware that the way we have played is not good for the majority of the time but he has achieved promotion. I'm not happy with the amount we spend on wages but I presume that he identifies players he wants and someone e else negotiates the wages etc?.

I have a total hypothetical question----- if all our players were on £250 a week would we be happy the way they are playing. The answer I would say is no. But if those same players got us promotion I would be happy- yes.

So as I said earlier promotion is the main thing,anything else is extra.

I don't defend Ally any more. That finished on Sunday. Saying that there are too many on here dwelling on his apparent demise. Ignorant phrases such as "suck fat allys cock" and "you screwing ally?" spring to mind. Crazy that a any right minded Bear would say such things .... or even worse visualise them! The neds are taking over.

I respect him as a person and all he has ever done for our club and my heart is constantly reminded of his previous endeavours when judging him. This makes it all the harder when my head tells me he is not the right man for the job. Won the leagues easily; however, his signings, style of play, lack of player improvement and game-time tactical management are discouraging.

We may get a victory tomorrow which will pull on my heartstrings again and may possibly leave me questioning my own harsh judgment of Ally but in all honesty it will only be papering over the cracks.

One match and half of the arguments on this thread would burst into flames.

It's not just been one match though has it ?

It's been nearly two years of poor performances where those that have claimed that were only as good as the opposition have been found wanting !

There's no doubting , with the players we have , we shouldn't have been beat by QOS , Forfar or Raith Rovers when it matters most.

It's not just been one match though has it ?

It's been nearly two years of poor performances where those that have claimed that were only as good as the opposition have been found wanting !

There's no doubting , with the players we have , we shouldn't have been beat by QOS , Forfar or Raith Rovers when it matters most.

Sorry I should have been clearer. This thread is full of straw men. You could probably pick any page at randI'm and it'll have at least one.