To Those Still Standing By Ally

WCPRANGERS1

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the pro Ally camp are prolonging an inevitable event.

Haven't seen much if any evidence showing why folk think he has the ability to succeed. Its more been why he hasn't done enough / external factors etc to lose his job yet.

Have we got the time, money and stomach to delay the inevitable for another season or two?

You can bend facts to suit your agenda all you like. We are undefeated in the league, weve got to a final and a semi final.

But we're playing utterly shite football against opposition that we should be destroying.

I can guarantee most people (most, not all before someone spits the dummy out) that want Ally to stay probably arent ST holders and probably dont watch every game. Because if you were then you'd see why reaching Ramsdens final and being unbeaten isnt good enough even if that does sound ridiculous on paper.

We are Rangers, other teams used to shite themselves at drawing us. Now they see us as their chance to beat a famous team. Its embarassing and damaging to the clubs future.

You can bend facts to suit your agenda all you like. We are undefeated in the league, weve got to a final and a semi final.

But we're playing utterly shite football against opposition that we should be destroying.

I can guarantee most people (most, not all before someone spits the dummy out) that want Ally to stay probably arent ST holders and probably dont watch every game. Because if you were then you'd see why reaching Ramsdens final and being unbeaten isnt good enough even if that does sound ridiculous on paper.

We are Rangers, other teams used to shite themselves at drawing us. Now they see us as their chance to beat a famous team. Its embarassing and damaging to the clubs future.

And exactly how can you 'guarantee' that? By all means think it, propose it, argue it - but guarantee it? Come on!

Why? Because he is the manager of the club. He has ended up in a position not of his choosing and he stayed despite of that.

Add in there being absolutely zero realistic alternatives for a 2nd tier team with little transfer budget, and I stick by Ally because he has earned that loyalty.

I don't ask others to do same.

End of.

No offence meant but when you say "He has ended up in a position not of his choosing and he stayed despite of that", I think nearly every member in this forum would stay in any job for £850,000 a year never mind a job that involved taking a club that you loved back to the top of Scottish football. Also when you mention that he had "little transfer budget", he has played a part in throwing 21 million + millions in season ticket money down the pan as well as having the second highest wage bill in Scotland, sitting at a staggering 7 million for a 3rd tier club. Remember Queen of the South achieved more than us (Scottish league one title and Ramsdens cup) last year with a wage budget of around 300,000 whilst making also making a healthy profit. The last 2 years have been a wasted opportunity to rebuild the club and to create a team that is capable of challenging the tims. Lets not make it 3!

And exactly how can you 'guarantee' that? By all means think it, propose it, argue it - but guarantee it? Come on!

Lets let the thousands of Ally supporters who love watching shite football prove me wrong then.

I love Ally but I dont see how anyone who goes to or watches every game can think hes the man for the job. He hasnt done a thing to show that hes capable.

All I'm asking is a sound reasoning as to why.

Not because he's "one of us".

Not because he's a playing legend but what do you see outwith our league results that makes you believe Ally is the man to take the club forward.

Can he deliver at the highest level and will he help develop players at all levels.

This isn't a dig at those supporting Ally, I just want an understanding (outwith the legend) as to why he recieves your continual backing.

Cheers in advance.

Because he's the manager in charge and he'll get my backing.

My view is simple and I think people forget our circumstances.

We were thrown out of the SPL, our players left us, we had no licence to operate and therefore had no idea what we had to plan for. We had no cash (at that time all we had was the funding the initial investors put in, no IPO cash). The idea we had this nice easy time to plan our return to the top was nonsense.

We were fighting for a licence, fighting title stripping, looking for sponsors, trying to bring fans onside to the new regime. Don't forget that Green and Co took a long time to get fans onside.

In all of this, we got players where we could, i.e. mercenaries - they came for the cash.

Could we have gone for 1st divison players? Perhaps...it would have been a huge risk, they would have come for the cash too but wouldn't be as good as who we had.

Would the fans have accepted paying a season ticket to watch 1st division players (never mind some suggestions to buy 2nd division part timers!)? Who knows, but all the Mr Hindsights on here say it would have been a great thing!

Rangers means success and striving for the best, what a field day our media and rivals would make of our club operating with part timers and journeymen?

So, we bought mercenaries and they've largely delivered title success but they don't love the jersey. They don't feel the passion and they've let us down time and again.

We have a first team (just) of pros, after that kids. Pros on mercenary wages, and with mercenaries you've got to keep them happy. McCoist has no wriggle room, the players own all the power. Drop them? Will they care? They get paid regardless, who do you replace them with, kids?

When results falter and you have pissed off the mercenaries, who do you turn to? They don't care. And McCoist has no money to replace them.

McCoist we know has Rangers at heart, bleeds blue. I'm willing to stand behind him, all I ask is he takes us back into the SPL while the Board restores our income streams and seeks fresh investment.

I don't enjoy some of the football, McCoist's tactics at times infuriates me. But I think we've been badly let down by the players. Rangers need to win. Winning is everything and given our defence, that means we need to protect it.

Drawing isn't an option, losing is unthinkable. So we shore up our defence and that detracts from our offensive play.

I think people have a very blinkered and narrow view of where we are and our circumstances. Any new manager will have the same issues McCoist has, players who know won't be dropped or replaced.

Until we have cash to be able to replace these guys, until they feel the fear (i.e. last year of contracts, wanting renewals) we'll not see 110% being given and therefore new Managers for me won't change a thing.

IF winning the league was the only priority and he hasn't had one season without a financial crisis of some description, why did he feel the need to sign players who were 1) at least 3 divisions above where we started in terms of quality when they were not needed to achieve the only priority; and 2) spend arguably 10 times more money than needed to achieve the only priority.

Because the financial cost of doing that is significantly less than the financial cost of not being promoted. It was an insurance policy.

I think he should at least be given next season.

There's no argument from me about the football being mind-numbingly boring and the Ramsden's was quite pathetic but I just think if we get rid of Ally the now there would always be questions as to whether he could have done the job against teams who don't park 10 men behind the ball.

I know Raith didn't do that last week but I think the players have got used to playing at a lower level and so weren't playing to the ability they are able to or are expected to.

I'm not defending these guys and their performance I just think everyone needs to be given a chance.

I mean we're the same team who got rid of Paul le Guen after half a season FFS!

That being said, the team's lack of movement and consistent square passing is really doing my head in and I wonder if that's Ally's doing. But, nevertheless, I think he should be given next season.

Lets let the thousands of Ally supporters who love watching shite football prove me wrong then.

I love Ally but I dont see how anyone who goes to or watches every game can think hes the man for the job. He hasnt done a thing to show that hes capable.

This. Simple concise to the point and accurate. I honestly the Brechin match, the first on our road back, would be the first step on our 'stairway to heaven'. Sadly, and the management team are wholly culpable, it has been more like a 'slide into mediocrity'.

Really wanted Ally to succeed but he has failed to manage any improvement over two years

I know a lot of people are gonna disagree with me but I think the main thing is that we are making our way back up the leagues. Yes, the ramsden cup or scottish cup (or any bloody cup) would be great but winning them is not our top priority. we need to get back up to the premiership and put that mhob in their rightful place (2nd place). i want rangers to win every cup under the sun and proudly display it in our trophy room but if we can't do it then so be it. a time will come when winning cups will be our number 1 priority and that's when we've won the premiership and pumping celtic left right and center. i know we're rangers and should be winning everything but we need to focus on getting back to the top first.

that's what ally's done. aye it's been horrible to watch and he doesn't have a scooby doo what he's doing half the time and the team struggle a lot BUT...that fact is we've gone the whole league undefeated with only a few draws. I think as long as Ally does that then he'll be sticking around.

However, I do think it's time he leaves. I don't think we will win the championship under Ally. we're struggling against part time players just now so what chance have we got next season. he's gonna want to bring in more players and well just look at what we've got now. these players have experience in the top flight and even in europe! why can't they win against teams like stranraer, albion rovers, raith rovers, and stenhousemuir???

I have read the original question by WPCRANGERS1 and some of the responses and subsequent rebukes.

Ally is our manager, he is one of us. He is a fan that became a player, who then became the boss. His victories are our victories and his losses are felt just as keenly by us. This reason alone should be enough of a reason as to why people are standing by him. His resolute defence of the club during its darkest days could be compared to the famous Churchill speech “We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and the oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.”

When Britain was alone in the war, we stood in defiance of the German War machine and eventually won the day, Ally stood and told the world and all our enemies “We don’t do walking away” we rallied and stood shoulder to shoulder with him, he was our Churchill and never once shied away in fear at the enormity of the task ahead. It is now our turn to stand by him and to tell him that we, as fans of the colossus that is Rangers FC, will support him. No one is under the illusions that he is a Walter Smith or even an Alex McLeish. We have all seen the performances and we have all made comment on it. I my self just this week have said its time for him to do the honourable thing and stand down, I stand by what I said but it does not mean that the manager, our manager does not have my support.

He should not be anywhere near Rangers next season. We have wasted 2 years and a hell of a lot of money already. It's simply un real that any Rangers fans would still back Ally as the manager. Never mind the rubbish football people seem to forget his sickening pay and free shares.

The biggest gripe I have with Ally is that he doesn't appear to be a manager who is willing to learn from his mistakes (mistakes were inevitable being a rookie manager, regardless of how many seasons he sat next to Walter in the dugout)

There are things that Ally could not control that hindered his ability to do his job and I accept that, but the things he has the power to control, to change, he hasn't bothered with.

We certainly didn't need Foster, Smith, Peralta and others to guarantee promotion

Yet the Board sanctioned that, McCoist has no fault there. What our squad needs is competition, unfortunately it's hard to attract decent quality to provide competition down where we are.

Yet the Board sanctioned that, McCoist has no fault there. What our squad needs is competition, unfortunately it's hard to attract decent quality to provide competition down where we are.

So you are in a strange way advocating that the board have the power to dictate who the manager buys then?

He should not be anywhere near Rangers next season. We have wasted 2 years and a hell of a lot of money already. It's simply un real that any Rangers fans would still back Ally as the manager. Never mind the rubbish football people seem to forget his sickening pay and free shares.

That unreal that they'll be singing 'Super Ally' on Saturday?

What you mean is that you think it's unreal - why is it that those who are anti-Ally as manager are so convinced they are right?