To Those Still Standing By Ally

WCPRANGERS1

So the only true way to judge him is if he gets this current transfer window with millions to spend.

Am i reading that correctly?

You are correct, he's to be allowed the usual spunk millions to win the second top tier that it seems is a normal season for a Rangers manager.

Would love to know what's wrong with making the players at your disposable better than when you first got them and not need to spunk millions on good players, just to get a good 6 months out of them before our training and coaching turns them into below average players.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is there isn't a 'big plan' from Ally. As has been said before (and skirted round by his supporters) there is no apparent strategy either short, medium or long term other than bring in players on high salaries and then not, either; utilise them optimally or, coach them to bring the best out of them in a particular system. Someone said that Wallace has improved since he came here!! I have seen little evidence of it, he is the stand out player but I think he looks like he's getting better because the performances of others are deteriorating (Nicky Law being the obvious one).

If just one of Allys supporters could explain their understanding of Allys vision for the future, both in terms of playing style and progression I would be all ears. As for the supposed 'turmoil' of this season then its those that put that theory forward who need a reality check. Managing a squad containing proven SPL players in the 3rd tier and taking home £1/4 million for it is not pressure. I could reel of a number of clubs up and down the UK where there is real pressure (will they get their wages, how will they fill the bench, the one and only goalkeeper injured etc, etc) .

Ally was a legend as a player but he is damaging his legacy with, what appears to be a stubbornness to accept that he hasn't the ability to replicate that status as a manager. Few people would wish Ally to be in this position but the evidence is becoming overwhelming when Raith Rovers use one simple tactic to outwit our coaching team.

Spot on post.

Never wanted a manager more than Ally to put those Mhanky bastards to the sword it would have been twice as sweet, but it isn't going to happen and its heartbreaking. But that's that get over it and move on we are Rangers here before Ally and here long after he's gone so let's get on with being Rangers and get a manager we deserve in to lead us forward.

He deserves a chance at a normal season and he has, as yet, not had one.

He's very much earned that chance.

In what way has he EARNED his chance?

He crashed out of four competitions and threw a 15 point lead away before administration even hit. Including crashing out of Europe to European diddy clubs and crashing out the League Cup to a first division club. That alone should be a sackable offence. Don't get me started on his record and football since relegation!

He deserves nothing, he's had ahis chance and he's fucked it.

People can call it arrogance if they want, but the truth of the matter is these leagues are the pits and it was expected that we would run away with them which we are doing.

Far smaller clubs with a fraction of the resources that we have at hand have achieved impressive promotions, some consecutive promotions, from them in recent years.

Spot on post.

Never wanted a manager more than Ally to put those Mhanky bastards to the sword it would have been twice as sweet, but it isn't going to happen and its heartbreaking. But that's that get over it and move on we are Rangers here before Ally and here long after he's gone so let's get on with being Rangers and get a manager we deserve in to lead us forward.

A manager we deserve? An interesting choice of words. What do we deserve? A manager that wins the league unbeaten, gets to the final of the Ramsdens and the semi-final of the Scottish Cup, a manager who has been the public face of the club in the most tumultuous period in our history. A manager who has endured the constant sniping and back-briefing from charlatans and rogues on the Board, from ingrates in the support. You're right, I don't think we 'deserve' him, but we're unbelievably fortunate to have him.

The only way I see this is as follows; people that still want McCoist as manager MUST want Rangers to FAIL, because so far that's all he's done for the last three seasons, FAIL!

I would then question whether these "fans" have Rangers best interests at heart, or Ally's? I know the answer to that.

A manager we deserve? An interesting choice of words. What do we deserve? A manager that wins the league unbeaten, gets to the final of the Ramsdens and the semi-final of the Scottish Cup, a manager who has been the public face of the club in the most tumultuous period in our history. A manager who has endured the constant sniping and back-briefing from charlatans and rogues on the Board, from ingrates in the support. You're right, I don't think we 'deserve' him, but we're unbelievably fortunate to have him.

A manager that's crashed out of every competition he's managed in to lower teams than us? A manager that blew a 15 point lead in 2 months? See my previous post, you're not a Rangers fan, you're a McCoist fan.

A manager that's crashed out of every competition he's managed in to lower teams than us? A manager that blew a 15 point lead in 2 months? See my previous post, you're not a Rangers fan, you're a McCoist fan.

I've asked this before, who was the manager who got us into the 15 point lead?

And, I need no guidance from you on whether I'm a Rangers fan.

Oh aye, we did so well beating the likes of Berwick and Stenhousemuir only to lose to the mighty Raith Rovers heroically after extra time in the final. This Scottish Cup run has also been memorable, getting past Albion Rovers and Airdrie. Amazing being unbeaten in a part time league, how dare people care about performances.

And McCoist has really had it tough from the board members, Craig Mather only let him sign 9 players in the third tier, and for the fans, he only has a bunch of eejits singing 'Super Ally' every game.

Yep, so lucky to have him.

Lennon because the tims were fucking pish start of that season, then Ally loses one player the tims decide to start playing and it all goes Pete Tong.

The same "manager" who threw it away in 2 months, crashed out of 9 cup competitions along the way and managed us to some of the worst and most embarrassing defeats in our history.

There is no guidance, by wanting the guy in charge you want Rangers to fail, so therefore you can't be a Rangers supporter.

A manager that can do more than win a semi pro league with a full time team of international players would be good for starters.

One without a financial crisis, one where he can choose and recruit players without being asked to play boardroom games and one where he can focus entirely on the football team without unwelcome distractions. There is more to it I readily acknowledge, but these are crucial points.

He's earned that in my opinion.

In fairness, none of that affects his ability to make a sensible substitution, rest a player who obviously needs it, play youth players when the league is won or communicate with his players rather than standing with his arms folded for entire games.

In fairness, none of that affects his ability to make a sensible substitution, rest a player who obviously needs it, play youth players when the league is won or communicate with his players rather than standing with his arms folded for entire games.

Shhh....

He's had to deal with all the upheavel and financial crisis at Rangers whilst signing 18 players in the last two seasons...

I used to think he deserved a chance as long as we were winning the leagues, but people arent going to pay to watch such shit football, which will damage the club. So he should go.

Ally is a legend but no manager, and as OP says, hes done literally nothing to show that he will improve. Its a hard thing to admit someone has failed when you want them to succeed so much. But hes done not one thing to show he will improve the squad. Hes turned what should be an excellent squad into a shite one and I dont see how anyone has any genuine excuses for him.

A manager that can do more than win a semi pro league with a full time team of international players would be good for starters.

Do more than win the league? like getting to the final of the Ramsdens and semi final of the Scottish Cup? or should he be winning the London Marathon and Grand National.

Look, we're all Rangers supporters and want nothing but the best for and from our club. That is a given. But, we are supporters and, much as we are loathe to admit it we don't have all the answers, in fact many of us don't even understand the question :rolleyes:

I understand that there are entrenched views about the manager, all I will say is that our supporters, those who know so much about football, tactics, players, systems, style ad-nauseoum stood together at Ibrox and chanted Ally Ally get to Fuck.- they were wrong then and I believe they are wrong now.

That doesn't mean I'm not a Rangers supporter - it just means that I think a little bit differently to you about the manager.

Why do we full time, fair so badly in extra time against jannies and fatties ?

Jannies and fatties? - care to enlighten us on your playing experience in the third tier of Scottish Football? Or did you never reach the level of jannie or fatty?

The same "manager" who threw it away in 2 months, crashed out of 9 cup competitions along the way and managed us to some of the worst and most embarrassing defeats in our history.

There is no guidance, by wanting the guy in charge you want Rangers to fail, so therefore you can't be a Rangers supporter.

GOAT - if I were to give my opinion of you after that comment, I would get a warning from Admin or a ban, so I am going to leave it.

Suffice to say that anyone saying that to a fellow supporter needs to calm down significantly.