Stop Blaming the Players

SteveJ

How many times have we to come on here and see Black being berated, Shiels being ridiculed and the same people protecting McCoist?

I seen McCoist for what he was today - a puppet. Kenny McDoweel cheered on a player, Ally duplicated it. Kenny recommended a switch, Ally nodded. The guy just cannot make a decision on his own. He simply thinks that wearing the suit and shouting like a Rangers fan will cut it at Ibrox, but he needs to wake up and admit defeat.

The players gave a good showing of themselves today and had they done that last week, we would have been holding a cup.

Mohsni cannie pass a ball, Foster is crap, Smith is lazy, Daly is a bottler, Shiels is shite but most of all, McCoist is inept.

Ally is far from being the ideal manager but your heading Stop Blaming the Players makes strange reading when it was individual errors by players that were so damaging today.

The players are constantly being blamed by people on RM and yes there were individual mistakes but McCoist is hopeless and needs to be seen for that.

The blame today must be surely be shared, as individual mistakes proved to be costly; squandered chances, and dreadful defending. While the players looked more interested today, the overall deficiencies that have become the norm under McCoist are as inexcusable as ever.

It was player error which cost us today.

But generally speaking I agree with you. Black , Shiels , Temps , Law and I'd assume others ( or we wouldn't have bought them ) like McKay , Bedoya etc seemed to have performed better for previous managers than they have for Ally. That's no coincidence for me.

The new John Greig. The only thing that is keeping him in his job is not his talent as a manager - it's his status as a former player.

And

The new John Greig. The only thing that is keeping him in his job is not his talent as a manager - it's his status as a former player.

And a weak skint board.

I thought we played not too bad in parts of the game when we kept the ball on the deck but that

Was few and far between. but ally has had his shot at being in charge now it's time for a change

We need a clean sweep of manager,back room staff and diddy players but it's going to take the board to back the fans on this and I'm not so sure

They have the balls to do that.

At half time I honestly thought we were in with a shout, the two goal lead flattered them to fcuk. I didn't think we were out played or that they were a better side, just that individual errors and a lack off leadership on and off the pitch let us down badly.

With the right leadership, proper tactical awareness and a manager who can influence a game when needed I think we have the making off a half decent team. However, playing one up front with the pace off rust, alongside a lightweight like Shiels who spent most off the day throwing his hands up in the air, and a teenage winger that can't get the ball past the first man from a corner kinda gives you an insight in to our managers footballing philosophy, and last but certainly not least a replacement keeper so out off touch that the only thing he collected was his wages.

If Ally's tenure as manager is extended into next season, then our club will seriously struggle, just an aside it took Dumbarton six minutes two score two goals when we couldn't score any in 120 minutes!

Agree we can't blame the players, they have no talent; we need to cleanse the scouting department and pray that the youths coming up are given their chance. End the current cycle of signing SPL dross for the sake of signing them. When you put them on that kind of money Ally, they'll walk all over us.

Even with Simonsen's blunder, we were very poor in the second half and didn't create many chances. I can only remember their keeper saving that deflected free kick in the second half. Bringing Aird off for Clark actually made us worse.

The Shiels and Daly misses in the first half came from us beating their offside trap, the high balls to Daly didn't cause them trouble at all really. I do think Templeton and Wallace would have made a big difference for us today though.