The next game against Them

Gooseman

I cannot wait for the day we are back in the top division where we rightfully belong, our enforced exile has been eventful and, to a degree, a positive influence on the low regions of Scottish football. Our travelling support and the “Blue Pound” have filled grounds and coffers alike. Some clubs have taken in one season what would normally take four or five seasons to accrue. We should be rightly proud of this achievement.

I want to look forward to our future encounter with them, be it in the league or the cup. Seeing the actions of fans last year at Firhill and the youth game this week, I am concerned about this fixture. I fully expect this to be of biblical proportion, with the actual football being nothing more than a footnote. The way I see it Rangers have nothing to loose, we will be expected to lose and lose heavily. Celtic have everything to lose, they will be expected to win the game without really getting out of first gear. And this is where I think the fan trouble will come in – we win and their fans will go apoplectic and the brown stuff with seriously hit the fan but I can also see sections of our fans reacting exactly the same way.

The build up to this one game will be akin to the Cuban missile crisis, the tension will be horrific, the reports of anything relating to us or them with be pounced on by the biased media and to be honest it worries me.

Our reputation has taken a battering since Whyte happened to us, the constant board room fighting and fan clubs shouting the odds about one thing or another is not helping matters. My concern is that our fans will get caught up in the frenzy of the match and one small insignificant incident will erupt into a Manchester type event.

On the flip side of this is the potential TV revenue that this one game could earn. If the powers that be were less stupid they could have sold the rights to this old firm game to the highest bidder and not included it in the TV deal as regardless of what is going on in the world at the time this one game will be the hottest thing on the planet.

If the powers that be were less "STUPID" they could have sold the rights to this old firm game to the highest bidder and not included it in the TV deal as regardless of what is going on in the world at the time this one game will be the hottest thing on the planet. The word hi-lighted in red is why it will never happen, they are not less "STUPID" but are "TOO STUPID" to see a huge potential money spinner.

couldn't give a fuck what their fans get up too, fully expect them to act like animals as they always do but anyone in our support who retaliates by ripping out seats, flares, violence etc deserves to be outcast and banned and rightly so. If you want to act like that, ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ are always looking for members i believe, you won't be missed by our support.

personally I'd rather have some respect and dignity for myself and fellow bears by not bringing trouble and gutter press to the steps of Ibrox. Support our team to the hilt, don't let them down by giving the press leeway to write more reports about fan behaviour than they do about praising Rangers.

If the first one is away, it'll be the worst possible bile ever seen in a Glasgow derby. Their support will be so wound up, for the opportunity to vent their long-held bile, worked up on forums, terraces, radio waves and other media, but with a hunger so ravenous after years of unsatisfied gloating due to our wrongful expulsion.

This match will have to be behind closed doors or with an away support ban, possibly kicking off at 9am on a Wednesday morning with a Glasgow wide prohibition with 24 hour pub closures.

Even then, the A&E wards and police force will still have to be prepared for a massive backlash.

Economically, instead of being a revenue generator it will see pub and off licences losing money and the emergency forces using up resources.

If the first one is away, it'll be the worst possible bile ever seen in a Glasgow derby. Their support will be so wound up, for the opportunity to vent their long-held bile, worked up on forums, terraces, radio waves and other media, but with a hunger so ravenous after years of unsatisfied gloating due to our wrongful expulsion.

This match will have to be behind closed doors or with an away support ban, possibly kicking off at 9am on a Wednesday morning with a Glasgow wide prohibition with 24 hour pub closures.

Even then, the A&E wards and police force will still have to be prepared for a massive backlash.

Economically, instead of being a revenue generator it will see pub and off licences losing money and the emergency forces using up resources.

Cargos purchased weeks in advance then Oleg ;):D

Would much rather play them when we should (first league game back in top) rather than next year in the cup. Fuck all that expecting to lose shite, never ever go in against them with that attitude.

Sorry I should have been more specific and said that the media will expect us to lose.

]The build up to this one game will be akin to the Cuban missile crisis, the tension will be horrific, the reports of anything relating to us or them with be pounced on by the biased media and to be honest it worries me.

What a load of over dramatic pish.... doh

There are laws against fighting in the streets, ect, ect. Just don't break the law and the high ground will be with us, where it always has been and always will be, regardless of bias from the Scottish/Irish press.