Our JFK Moment

Was working away in Carnoustie and the pub was full of tims, safe to say they slithered out the door when me and the lads I was with knocked all the drinks flying when novo scored, then we moved onto shots and missed work the next day, how times have changed

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched it at home with my kids and I remember the first thing I thought was how happy I was that Walter had got to a European final with Rangers. I watched either the full match, or highlights not that long ago and couldn't believe how in that game we were. But with one or two things going our way, we might have won that.

I had just started driving the buses at the time so I was working the next morning. Watched it in my big mates gaff, I couldn't watch the penalties so I went down and sat in my motor for ten minutes engine running radio off head on stearing wheel. After about ten minutes I decided to put the window down and all I can hear is the big man shouting from his window "gerrit it up ye ya fenian bastards" and all sorts. Next minute I'm on the roof of my car dancing. Brilliant moment, I'll never forget that moment, never.

watched it in my brothers, remember sitting on the couch at the start of the pens and ended up standing in the kitchen by the time Novo stepped up. "Manchester brace yourselves" when it hit the back of the net me and my bro went mental, dancing about the living room like a pair of idiots.

great feeling.

Was at the game trapped in that cage in the corner flag. Unbelievable when novo, then the other players sprinted towards us. Grown men crying, everyone hugging whoever happened to be behind/in front of them.

Also got to mention La Viola fans. They were amazing after the game and congratulated us as we made our way back to the city centre.

Was at the game with my wife and daughter. Flew Prestwick to Bournemouth then on to Pisa. Car to Florence. Back home on the Saturday. Absolutely brilliant when Novo scored. The "bendy" bus journey back into the city centre was great. It was absolutely rocking.

I was there and have to tell those who weren't that when Barry missed the first one, we all thought, that was it, been a great journey........

I always remember a bear standing next to me as Nacho stepped up, pulled the hoody over his head and didn't watch the penalty go in. A lot of grown men were in tears. The Fiorentina team clapped the Rangers off the park, we were still roaming around Florence in some kind of daze going from bar to bar about 4.00am.

watching in the house, the mrs just look when I collapsed to my knees and was almost in tears, waited my whole life for this moment and it had arrived.

had this feeling inside me the beach ball was well and truly burst and we would never ever here about Seville again.

I'm not sure that describing it as a "JFK moment" is entirely appropriate.

I know it's a "where were you when that happened" kind of thing but there must be happier comparisons than JFK getting his head blown off or Elvis dying for that matter. Perhaps man landing on the moon (or not depending on your view) might be a better comparison.

at the game - one of the most amazing nights ever.

flew back into glasgow right after the game and we were the first lot of fans back - tv, radio and journalists everywhere - thought it was a bit of overkill just to see a load of bears arriving back but just after we came through the doors - the full squad arrived as well!

amazing night and remember thanking Ally in the car park of Glasgow airport for everything that the team had done for us the fans that night and he replied with "No thank you big man, without the fans theres nothing"

post-85294-0-95788200-1399023575_thumb.j

post-85294-0-18766100-1399023592_thumb.j

post-85294-0-93763000-1399023602_thumb.j

post-85294-0-04150400-1399023619_thumb.j

Watched it in the house!…I already had 2 tickets for the Final…(I applied to UEFA when we were at Quarter Final Stages had booked a hotel etc as me and my mate were gonna go for the piss up no matter who got there……….I could not believe it A European Final! and not having to worry about tickets!

In The Thistle in Stonehouse. The telly almost got punched a hole in the telly when big Cousin got sent off. Everyone remembers Novo's penalty but Cuellar and Davie Weir were nothing short of monumental that night. It was as if big Carlos had a magnet on his napper and the ball was just drawn to it.

I was in the house. Just put my daughter to bed before kick off then had a few beers with my brother. When that penalty went in we were jumping about the living room silently screaming, if you know what I mean. Straight into work on my day off to book a few days off for Manchester, drove to the bus garage and priced a bus then phoned round every bear I knew and filled that bus within 30 mins. Fantastic memories.