Kenny Miller - signing talks tomorrow

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither Steven Smith or Richard Foster have been good signings. Smith looked OK in the last few games of the season - in the games against Raith Rovers and Dundee United he didn't play well. If it wasn't for a couple of free kicks, no one would be talking about him.

Back to Kenny Miller. Released from the Whitecaps as he wasn't seen as good enough. 13, possibly 15, goals in three seasons. He will probably do the business in the Championship but at 36 (when we reach the Premiership) he won't be.

It is yet another short term signing - before any one has a go just look at who is out of contract next summer - Ally McCoist hasn't a clue how to assemble a squad. In the summer of 2015; McCulloch, Mohsni, Smith, Foster, Black, Daly... are all out of contract and not one of them are good enough for the Scottish Premiership. This means we are going to have to bring in at least six first team players (and the rest) - either that or we offer the likes of Mohsni, Foster, Smith and Black new contracts and watch us take a beating in the top division.

I cannot believe that after every thing that has gone on, we are going in to the summer of 2014 talking about bringing an ageing Kenny Miller back to the club for a third spell. I hate the road we are going under Ally McCoist. He is utterly hopeless, clueless and not fit for the job.

This club is one big mess - not going to get in to the board room nonsense. The football side of our club is horrific, an absolute shambles - amateurish.

Likely the same as last week - looking for a new club after his contract expired.

I just hope its not ONLY miller.

I had hoped it would be Boyd first.

My point was Andy Little has his best years in front of him. Not a world beater, but decent enough for another year on a modest salary and we go and spunk another exorbitant wage on someone in all likelihood we don't need

Kenny Miller will be a good signing for us.

Still pretty fit and not too long ago gave england a torrid time and scored a great goal.

Better option than the ever immobile Daly and will give defences the run around, i think this is a good move in the current situation.

Hope this happens. I can't think of a better free transfer who would actually come to the SPFL Championship. Regarding his wage I don't think he'll command too big of a wage at his age. How much is Boyd, a player who had huge wage in Turkey, on at Kilmarnock? It can't be more than 2k or 3k a week because Kilmarnock simply can't afford that. Kenny should be offered something similar.

Regarding Kenny's reliance on pace i personally don't think it was ever 'blistering'. He was fast but nowhere near as fast as people on this thread are making out. Kenny relies more on intelligent movement and that's something Clark and Gallagher can learn from him.

In Davie Weirs book he says Miller has no interest in helping others because he's so focused on himself.

Rightly or wrongly I don't know but I can't see what he will do to develop the younger players that our coaching staff shouldn't be doing already

This thread reminds me of the last time Miller signed, when people got it hopelessly, embarrassingly wrong about him.

On that note, I'm going to firstly wait and see if he even signs and secondly wait and see how he does before spouting off.

dont think anyone doubts he'd score a load, what everyone is complaining about is our spending of valuable wages on a player who will not be good enough for the SPFL in a years time

This thread reminds me of the last time Miller signed, when people got it hopelessly, embarrassingly wrong about him.

On that note, I'm going to firstly wait and see if he even signs and secondly wait and see how he does before spouting off.

You used to hate signings of old players too. "Short term solution is long term poison" or something along those lines.