Kenny Miller - signing talks tomorrow

Angry, subjective rants are hard to counteract but I saw legalbeagle have a decent go at it. Wouldn't say he 'backs Ally' though, he just backs Rangers like the rest of us.

It isn't an 'angry, subjective rant'. It's my view on our manager. Some of it's facts, some of it's my opinion, an opinion that seems to be shared by the majority of our support.

A view that the guy I said it to hasn't replied to yet.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're obviously not read many of my posts then, I've gave my opinion in this thread about Miller. Guess you missed that.

If they're as poorly constructed as this one then you'll forgive me for bypassing them.

I'll pay more attention in the future, promise.

I can't see this happening.

We don't have the money for one thing.

Why would any player sign for us now when the rebels are out to bust the club ?

I wouldn't.

Yet another effect of their stupid protest.

oh and if Ally thinks it is a good idea he can do one anaw.

I can't see this happening.

We don't have the money for one thing.

Why would any player sign for us now when the rebels are out to bust the club ?

I wouldn't.

Yet another effect of their stupid protest.

He has a history of playing for clubs who have 'rebel' fans. Dont see why it would bother him!

This thread reminds me of the last time Miller signed, when people got it hopelessly, embarrassingly wrong about him.

On that note, I'm going to firstly wait and see if he even signs and secondly wait and see how he does before spouting off.

Except then he was 28 years old and not nearly 35. For the record, I don't doubt Miller would be a decent signing for next season, I don't doubt he'd score goals against the pish he'd play against, my upset and anger is the fact that next summer we will need to sign another striker to replace him. No forward thinking, no future planning. It's a McCoist speciality. Yet some idiots still decide to back the guy, three years of FAILURE! Prepare for a fourth.

Except then he was 28 years old and not nearly 35. For the record, I don't doubt Miller would be a decent signing for next season, I don't doubt he'd score goals against the pish he'd play against, my upset and anger is the fact that next summer we will need to sign another striker to replace him. No forward thinking, no future planning. It's a McCoist speciality. Yet some idiots still decide to back the guy, three years of FAILURE! Prepare for a fourth.

He hasn't even signed yet and already we're doomed for years to come.

Signing Miller hasn't doomed us for years to come, keeping McCoist has. All you have to do is watch us, watch our football, his tactics, his management of the club, and there's nothing there to suggest otherwise.

It's not just about Miller. It's a culmination of everything that is wrong with the current manager. Under Ally we've blown a major opportunity in terms of reshaping the Club in terms of philosophy and youth development. Ally said the youth isn't there, he needs men not boys, attractive football can't be done on these pitches, etc. In my opinion these are Ally's shortcomings. Youth players are there you just need an eye, attractive football can be played (even by part-timers), young squads are often fearless and produce bountiful transfer fees.

Some are in denial here in my opinion. Given the current state of the Scottish game youth development is essential. Not a luxury but essential to the healthy financial state of a massive club in a very small country of backwater football. If you haven't learned that by now, you never will. Some still crave instant gratification (who cares about age and wages) rather than long term progressive thinking.

We must compete with Celtic to win the top flight very, very soon. If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Signing Miller hasn't doomed us for years to come, keeping McCoist has. All you have to do is watch us, watch our football, his tactics, his management of the club, and there's nothing there to suggest otherwise.

I agree McCoist has doomed us a fair bit. The money he spent on players was silly. Even if it was the CEO or whatever dishing out the deals.

We didn't need £5k a week daly and so on.

Ok then, we'll give you the benefit of hindsight. Tell us who you would have signed instead of Daly, Law, Templeton, Black, Foster.

too easy. Higdon (27 goals last season and 15 goals from 30 games in the Dutch top division this season). McCall also discovered Ainsworth and Anier and and got them for buttons. Both of whom have scored way more goals than Law did in two years from the same positions.

Thats three off the top of my head only thinking about one team. McCall had a fraction of McCoists money and there's three guys he signed who are all better than what McCoist signed.

In fact of all the players that Murderhell had prior to the end of last season Law was probably the one they missed the least. Of the players we could have had from that Murderhell team its appaling to think that Law was the guy he went for.

Miller would do a job next season, no doubt about it. However, it would only be for one season. Surely there are younger strikers available on less wages that would do as good a job and be with us for a few seasons. Not only that, there are lads scoring for fun in our youth team that deserve a chance.

too easy. Higdon (27 goals last season and 15 goals from 30 games in the Dutch top division this season). McCall also discovered Ainsworth and Anier and and got them for buttons. Both of whom have scored way more goals than Law did in two years from the same positions.

Thats three off the top of my head only thinking about one team. McCall had a fraction of McCoists money and there's three guys he signed who are all better than what McCoist signed.

In fact of all the players that Murderhell had prior to the end of last season Law was probably the one they missed the least. Of the players we could have had from that Murderhell team its appaling to think that Law was the guy he went for.

Ah hindsight! Don't you just love how it makes experts out of folk....

Ah hindsight! Don't you just love how it makes experts out of folk....

Except its not hindsight is it? My post and opinions are based on exactly what the players had done previously. Thats called foresight.

It also shows up McCoists lack of awareness as to what players he could have gotten.

Except its not hindsight is it? My post and opinions are based on exactly what the players had done previously. Thats called foresight.

It also shows up McCoists lack of awareness as to what players he could have gotten.

Ah so because they went to Well, we should have got them instead?

Nothing to do with them looking for European football...