Kenny Miller - signing talks tomorrow

Not happy with this in terms of the philosophy I would have wanted for the club from 2 seasons ago but having resigned myself to the fact we're not going to build for the future I do feel the football might be that bit better to watch with a striker that can run with the ball, control a ball and, even if his finishing touch has deteriorated, probably hit the target far more than Daly has in the last few months

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't our young strikers should be learning from McCoist?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......................................sorry, had to pick myself up off the floor after reading that, what you suggest would require Mccoist actually having to coach his players and move away from the long ball, useless punt to a useless cunt Daly approach, and I just can't see that happening anytime soon unfortunately.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......................................sorry, had to pick myself up off the floor after reading that, what you suggest would require Mccoist actually having to coach his players and move away from the long ball, useless punt to a useless cunt Daly approach, and I just can't see that happening anytime soon unfortunately.

:lol:(tu)

Kenny Miller

Stevie Smith

Richard Foster

Jon Daly

McCulloch centre back

It's a sad, sad, sad, sad, sad state of affairs at Rangers. Do one Ally and take the hasbeens with ye.

It is sad. It's sad that we're such a basket case off the field with such unrealistic expectations from fans that we need to rely on proven players.

It's sound decisions for where we find ourselves. No stability, no scouting network, no cash and demands to win the league first attempt.

come on - if the board stopped this signing half he fans would be up in arms defending Allys right to pick his own team without interference. Ally has a budget - he picks the players - its his responsibility. If the team fails he takes the wrap.

he said himself he doesn't want to deal with anything other than footballing matters and I am happy to let him stand by that statement, without the board getting it in the neck and indirectly sharing responsibility

They can either sack him or back him -but they cant interfere with individual signings. Personally I would bullet him.

Kenny Miller

Stevie Smith

Richard Foster

Jon Daly

McCulloch centre back

It's a sad, sad, sad, sad, sad state of affairs at Rangers. Do one Ally and take the hasbeens with ye.

Im sorry but for a grand a week stevie smith has been briliant... even flakey foster came good once he shaved off that facial fluff..

..and its worth remembering that Jig and Daly have near 45 goals this season between them.

Its not exactly rangers as we want but its hardly a sad sad... sad sad.... sad sad sad state of affairs when thinking back to last season :lol:

Im sorry but for a grand a week stevie smith has been briliant.

..and its worth remembering that Jig and Daly have near 45 goals this season between them.

Its not exactly rangers as we want but its hardly a sad sad... sad sad.... sad sad sad state of affairs when thinking back to last season :lol:

Smith was rotten, few decent games, sure there's a youngster who could have done his job (probably better) in Division 2.

probably a fair point mate, I have said all along that I'd have Boyd before any of them.

As would i but given that he and McCoist don't see eye to eye i think it's highly doubtful he would return.

His goal against Hibs was simply top drawer. And a goal very few strikers in Scotland would get in to position for never mind score.

At our level , even under Smith, i couldn't care less about Boyd's defensive side of his game. His talent was scoring goals...lots of them.

And i also didn't buy in to this chase and harry stuff either. He simply wasn't designed for it like MIller. So what was the point of him running at full backs and wasting energy.

Yes it's a flaw and one that could cost you against the very best teams but let's face it under Smith in the SPL we weren't exactly up against much were we.

The best goalscorer Scotland has produced for many a year but for some reason never rated by his Celtic loving peers or many of his own fans

Hope this happens. I can't think of a better free transfer who would actually come to the SPFL Championship. Regarding his wage I don't think he'll command too big of a wage at his age. How much is Boyd, a player who had huge wage in Turkey, on at Kilmarnock? It can't be more than 2k or 3k a week because Kilmarnock simply can't afford that. Kenny should be offered something similar.

Regarding Kenny's reliance on pace i personally don't think it was ever 'blistering'. He was fast but nowhere near as fast as people on this thread are making out. Kenny relies more on intelligent movement and that's something Clark and Gallagher can learn from him.

come on - if the board stopped this signing half he fans would be up in arms defending Allys right to pick his own team without interference. Ally has a budget - he picks the players - its his responsibility. If the team fails he takes the wrap.

he said himself he doesn't want to deal with anything other than footballing matters and I am happy to let him stand by that statement, without the board getting it in the neck and indirectly sharing responsibility

They can either sack him or back him -but they cant interfere with individual signings. Personally I would bullet him.

They could introduce a signing policy that he has to work within. He would have to like it or lump it.

There are people on both sides of the board divide that will see this as a failing, not only for keeping Ally as manager but allowing him to sign players like Miller.

As would i but given that he and McCoist don't see eye to eye i think it's highly doubtful he would return.

Where you getting this "don't see eye to eye" stuff from? Didn't you see the BT Sport interview after one of the away games a couple of months ago, where McCoist explicitly said he wanted Boyd to sign?

Interviewer asks Ally, in front of Boyd - "So, are you going to be offering Kris a contract for next season?"

"Hope so!" said McCoist, as he scampered away, leaving a grinning Kris Boyd behind.

Searched YouTube and can't find the clip. :(