Danny Mcgrain heart attack

Don81

All the best. Didn't we knock him back and was he not actually a bear before signing for that mob?

That's the story. That it was because of assumptions about his name. However, I don't think that's ever been proven. I'm sure McGrain himself said he doesn't know for sure why he wasn't picked up by the Rangers scouts that saw him..

Having been through one last year I know what he is going through,thankfully the Doctors and other Medical team members at our hospitals,especially The Jubilee are magnificent,and he will get the best of care…..I wish him well one of the good guys in the game!

Did any country have a better pair of full backs than Scotland at the 1974 world cup?

Don't think so bud, pretty sure Sandy was named in the team of the tournament, we really should have done so much better in that world cup, we where the width of a coat of paint away to beating Brazil, had we got out our group then who knows !!

World class full back and respected when scotland produced these players

It was our mistake a sign of the times we let a star player who was lost to the other side.

I respected talent like him and dalglish type it was a mutual respect

and worst later to find out what talent we didnt pick up.

Danny Mc grain and Sandy Jardine were pretty special.

All the best to Danny McGrain... Heard he is back home and recovering.

Too tragic to think that we could have lost Scotland's two finest full-backs in such a close timescale.

Kenny McDowall says the only thing he misses about Celtic Park is Danny McGrain. Says it all. He's a gent and a Scottish legend.