Darren McGregor Officially Signs - 1 Year Deal

Broxi1872

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well WE have a years option on him. So ( guessing) that it favours us.

So in your eyes, that years option is on the same terms? Normally when people sign rolling contracts, the terms get better for one party.

And if we win the league? What is the option for his second year? Is it in our favour or can he walk to a better team?

I like the lad and hope he can find his feet at Ibrox but the contracts being dished out are worrying me.

I know what you mean mate, 1 year deals can send out the wrong kind of signals. However, Miller is mid 30's. McGregor has had serious problems with his knee's. IMO, if we'd thrown 3 year contracts at these two I'd say we were being slightly reckless. Perhaps this is how we will do business from now on, and rightly so. We need to make sure we don't over spend or get caught up in contracts that are just not viable or sustainable for us. We've been caught out so many times before. From the little amount I've heard/read from the guy, he seems genuinely excited by signing from us. That should stand us in good stead if/when we go back up and he's proved to be a good player....and try to resign him.

That's my (positive) spin on things anyway!! (tu)

So in your eyes, that years option is on the same terms? Normally when people sign rolling contracts, the terms get better for one party.

no idea but id imagine if we had given him a straight two year deal, that his wages would increase as we went up a league. This way we will know if he is worth the wage rise and if he is not, then we can pull the plug at no extra cost and no payoffs.

drop black or law for macleod (tu) oh and daly for broxi bear

Macleod - might need some time to fully recover. I'd play the two in form.

Daly - still think that if he'd played less and had a partner opinions would be higher of him.

One year deal is exactly the right contract,if only we'd adopted that approach with pish such as Foster,Daly,Black,Shiels,Cribari etc then we wouldn't be stuck with atrocious overpaid dross

different board mate. This one seems to be getting the contracts right this time.

Really don't think a lot of you have a clue about anything football related, either that or you've just all been spoiled rotten with the players we've had in the past, get a grip on reality and stop condemning a player who hasn't even played for us yet.

As has been mentioned Naismith had two of the same type of injury as this bloke and is still playing top flight football in the EPL, last season he played most games for his club at the time and his injuries were prior to this.

I really think it wouldn't matter who we signed a lot of you would say he either isn't good enough for us, or you would say Ally will waste him, get a grip and get a life let's give the guy a chance to actually play for us before you condemn him and the management team for signing him.

So many football professionals on here it's unbelievable why aren't you all playing football or managing football to some degree?

Contract wise it seems decent business albeit I'm not sure he is an improvment on what we currently have so would seem like a needless signing for us at the moment. But good luck to the guy, we definetly still need a pacy winger and creative midfielder IMO.

im not going to complain about signing the boy cause ive never seen him play but thats 2 guys signed on 1 year deals ( with the option for a 2nd ). what about all the talk about looking at the future with the signings this season ? with boyd and cowie potentially signing it certainly doesnt seem like thats going to be whats happening

Contract wise it seems decent business albeit I'm not sure he is an improvment on what we currently have so would seem like a needless signing for us at the moment. But good luck to the guy, we definetly still need a pacy winger and creative midfielder IMO.

I don't believe we actually do need a creative midfielder though, MacLeod is more than capable of filling that role and if Law is given half a chance to play the midfield role properly then he is also a creative midfielder, lumping it up the park unfortunately prevents that happening.

im not going to complain about signing the boy cause ive never seen him play but thats 2 guys signed on 1 year deals ( with the option for a 2nd ). what about all the talk about looking at the future with the signings this season ? with boyd and cowie potentially signing it certainly doesnt seem like thats going to be whats happening

Could also be argued that we are looking to the future and not having us tied down to deals which could prevent us from bringing in better players in the future. McGregor is only 28 which for a defender is quite a good age but he has to prove himself and if he doesn't then we can release him without having to pay him off, a problem we've had in the past and as a club been condemned for. Miller, jury is still out for him but I personally think he will rip the Championship to shreds and earn a years extension.