Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

The time has come and gone for that. Division 3, playing part timers, play the kids and build their experience season by season. Keep a group of experienced players as player/coaches.

In my opinion this is what I would have liked. TBH, Miller and Boyd would be ideal to help coach any young strikers, but as it stands there won't be any U21 strikers in the first team unless Daly, Shiels etc are moved on. The young Gallagher possibly.

We have Clark as well as a young striker - but basically your answer is you would not gamble but want to critisise Ally for holding the same view as yourself

What a weird thread if we signed Messi i'm sure some would find some reason to make out he would be crap at us.

Apart from the fact Ally would play him at right back as that's a given.

Problem is Messi would be outstanding at right back making Ally look like a genius.

Keeping all this is perspective had we been able to sign the second best striker playing in the SPL, especially with a poor team, 4 years ago for nothing, even at 30 years old we would have been over the moon and rubbing the scums noses in it.

Well Bell did pick up an injury and we played Simonsen and he had a howler against DU. Hindsight etc etc I suppose.

My point being it's just becoming more and more difficult for the youth players to get a chance with the new signings.

Like Luca for instance, seen him play a few times a few seasons go, looked decent enough, barely seen last season and with Mcgregor arriving he is now even further down the pecking order.

If the young players are good enough they will start every game, but they're not, with a couple of exceptions. All this talk about not playing the U21's when in Div 3 is bollocks. McCoist's #1 priority is getting back to the top ASAP, and he's doing just that.

The Championship will bring out the best in the team as they'll be up against better opposition. If we fail to get promoted then you can start moaning about McCoist again.

I'd rather get to the top again in 3 years, like we're doing, than play a bunch of inexperienced young guys and risk not getting promoted at all. And I'd bet every Rangers fan feels the same way.

I hate Ally's policy of going primarily for ex players. But in saying that, I reckon Boyd could be the best of those yet.

Think many would agree.

Its not huge praise to Ally, nor is it another criticism of him.

Think the ally loyal need to understand not every opinion not FULLY endorsing this signing is an attack on Ally or a negative.

I think he has signed only 2 ex players. That's hardly "primarily". And they're both excellent goal scorers.

But you're determined to criticize, no matter what.

And another thing.

Foster

Smith

Miller

Boyd

I accept failure to state "recently".

You chose to ignore my remark about believing Boyd to be the best of these.

And whilst having the audacity to have an opinion on this, and state for this one I am not criticising Ally, you choose not to accept that and state I am criticising.

Take off your Ally tinted specs.

Edit: KM an excellent goal scorer? Is this a scorer of excellent goals or an excellent record of scoring?

:lol:

Yes... I was messing around with various methods of posting and embedding a video as it seems to have changed recently.

It was rather predictable that someone would quote it and mess up the thread. Well played.

EDIT - Sorry JRodg, I am just a bit grumpy because I got caught! :D

EDIT EDIT - I give up...!

That's his International career completely fucked now

Not so.

I would wager he will get more opportunities next season than he has had since leaving us the first time.

And if his international career really is fucked it is basically because of his previous bad attitude and hopefully erstwhile Boydy bawbaggery

That's his International career completely fucked now

Don't think so, Strachan will be hoping he rattles them in for us

Not so.

I would wager he will get more opportunities next season than he has had since leaving us the first time.

Sorry Lads, I was typing with tongue firmly in cheek. Boyd should be in there, he's the most natural scorer in the country but will have the usual comments now.. playing in a diddy league, not challenged, bla bla bla

Yes... I was messing around with various methods of posting and embedding a video as it seems to have changed recently.

It was rather predictable that someone would quote it and mess up the thread. Well played.

EDIT - Sorry JRodg, I am just a bit grumpy because I got caught! :D

EDIT EDIT - I give up...!

Didn't realise you had a mini conversation with yourself over the edit :P I was more laughing over how good the tune was not at the post :lol:

• 1 month later...