Rangers Football Club Share From 1908 Information

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought about it before. but not sure if I want to make an account to just sell one item.

I buy a lot from Ebay. Ive considered selling it but was thinking maybe it would be fun to trade for match worn tops from Rangers.

I think it's worth a bit more than a match worn top tbh mate. Unless it was one from the CWC final in '72.

I've thought about it before. but not sure if I want to make an account to just sell one item.

I buy a lot from Ebay. Ive considered selling it but was thinking maybe it would be fun to trade for match worn tops from Rangers.

I could maybe auction it on here for you - for a small seller's fee to my favourite charity. :pipe:

I'm good at that kind of stuff.

I'd rather see a Good RM Bear get it, than some random on ebay :21:

I could maybe auction it on here for you - for a small seller's fee to my favourite charity. :pipe:

I'm good at that kind of stuff.

I'd rather see a Good RM Bear get it, than some random on ebay :21:

This is true OP. GB is your man on here if you want it sold and to help out Erskine as well.

Auction to me is scary. if it has a value and its not reached I loose out and loose a wonderful piece of our history,

I'm only selling it for a good reason and if the price is rite and goes to another bear who will appreciate it as much as I do.

Great idea tho.

Starting price/reserve?

What's the minimum you would take for it?

Auction to me is scary. if it has a value and its not reached I loose out and loose a wonderful piece of our history,

I'm only selling it for a good reason and if the price is rite and goes to another bear who will appreciate it as much as I do.

Great idea tho.

I'm guessing you're not familiar with my work then. :P

Good luck with it. (tu)

I'd also recommend trying to get some better photos uploaded. :D

• 8 months later...
On 23/06/2014 at 5:36 PM, WeeJacksonRFC said:

Hi there fellow Bears!

I've been on this site for years but don't post much these days.

Reason for my post today is I would love to show off but also hopefully find out some more information about this Rangers History.

I have a framed Rangers Football Club Share Certificate from 1908.

looking to know if they are rare or who the directors may be.

Its in really good shape considering its 106 years old

There is 3 signatures on it.

two directors I am not sure who.

1 Club Secretary who I believe it to be

William Wilton

Here are some pictures

2jg9v12.jpg

1zqtu01.jpg

P.326 of John Allan's 'The Story of the Rangers: Fifty Years' Football 1873 - 1923', states that the Directors of 1907-8 were:

Councillor James Henderson, J.P. (Chairman), W. Craig, W. Crichton, W. R. Danskin, A. B. MacKenzie, David Lawson, John MacPherson, G. Small, and J. Walker.

Your photo looks like it is signed by David Lawson and James (J.) Walker.