Rangers Create Official Fans Board

North Rd

·
This fills me with dread, I fully expect the inter fan group war to worsen for the following reasons

1. The backgrounds of this nominations committee will be examined with a fine tooth comb

2. The infighting for short listed nominations will be a bloodbath

3. The electioneering prior to voting will be a real dirty tricks campaign

4 The results will be decried as foul by those defeated

5 Sleepers will be put in by well known fanspivs

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a great move by the club.

As a forum/fans group we shoudl also be looking at this as an opportunity to push someone forward who can, for once, genuine speak on ehalf of a large number of the support.

If we don't do it then it is likely that SOS, RST, etc will look to back their own "horse" to be onthis board.

I'd be keen to see the admin on here look at pullign maybe 5 or 6 possibles candidated form here and for RM to promote the support of these individuals so that as a forum we can have a mouthpiece for the views of the support - rather than us having to tolerate Houston, etc purport to speak on our behalf.

There are a lot of good bears on here and I think we need to use this as an opportunity to get one of our own involved in this process and not make it somethign just for the blazer chasers

As a forum/fans group we shoudl also be looking at this as an opportunity to push someone forward who can, for once, genuine speak on ehalf of a large number of the support.

If we don't do it then it is likely that SOS, RST, etc will look to back their own "horse" to be onthis board.

I'd be keen to see the admin on here look at pullign maybe 5 or 6 possibles candidated form here and for RM to promote the support of these individuals so that as a forum we can have a mouthpiece for the views of the support - rather than us having to tolerate Houston, etc purport to speak on our behalf.

There are a lot of good bears on here and I think we need to use this as an opportunity to get one of our own involved in this process and not make it somethign just for the blazer chasers

Good thinking. (tu)

Plenty good candidates on here and I would back any of them against blazer chasers who do not speak for me and only seek to boost their own standing.

Plenty good candidates on here and I would back any of them against blazer chasers who do not speak for me and only seek to boost their own standing.

Well I htnk it is time for us to stand up and be counted - will take a bit of organising for you guys as Mods/Admin but we woudl really vbe missing hte boat if we didn't get someone on this board

I suggest Goat .He wouldn't piss about

I suggest Goat .He wouldn't piss about

There is only one person from here that I would like to see nominated:

D'Artagnion

Would need to be somebody with experience of dealing at board level and can cut through the shit while able to put their own opinion aside for the majority view of the fans they will represent.

No point having a nice guy who gets no answers and just nods his head.

If D'art thinks he has the strength to stand his ground I would back him.

Not sure of govan blues background but he certainly epitomises the the attributes a rangers fans should exhibit.

Would need to be somebody with experience of dealing at board level and can cut through the shit while able to put their own opinion aside for the majority view of the fans they will represent.

No point having a nice guy who gets no answers and just nods his head.

If D'art thinks he has the strength to stand his ground I would back him.

Not sure of govan blues background but he certainly epitomises the the attributes a rangers fans should exhibit.

Thought we didn't want fans spivs? :7325:

Seriously, GB is good at raising money for worthwhile (Rangers) causes. D'Art would, in my opinion, be the best choice as he can hold his own in a conversation, is willing to listen to all sides and speaks far more eloquently than anyone else (except me) on here.

Thought we didn't want fans spivs? :7325:

Seriously, GB is good at raising money for worthwhile (Rangers) causes. D'Art would, in my opinion, be the best choice as he can hold his own in a conversation, is willing to listen to all sides and speaks far more eloquently than anyone else (except me) on here.

as I said if he thinks he can stand his corner and fight for what the fans want he gets my vote too.

He definitely has the other attributes you mentioned. Have never met the guy but if he says he can also stand toe to toe with the boards calibre of businessman and change their opinion or plans when its necessary then he's the man.

Whoever it is will need to have fight in them and accept no half answers or non replies.

As for gb, through his charity work he has shown he can cut through red tape and pressurise people into doing what's right even when they don't want too!

He has shown he will not shirk responsibility and has a natural ability to put other peoples needs before his own when the need arises. Will garnering trust from people and concessions from people he meets.

We need 5 people mind who together cover all the attributes needed, from nice to mean, a listener to a bullshit detector, from polite to bullish.

Whilst I don't disagree with this, it would be great to see a number of totally independent, standalone fans nominated who are not promoted by any organised groups. This would prevent any board splitting into factions and being overly political.