Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

'And we don't have a Hateley or Johnston to fill in for him while he gets his act together or has a lull in form.'

That's decrying his playing record. He had no significant lull in form, nor was anyone required to 'fill in' for him. He didn't need to sort himself out. Any off-field problems were never reflected on the pitch.

He was a schemer. His play was based on as much as being in the right place and losing his man brilliantly. That's a schemer.

This kind of attempt to link his playing career to his management one is tenuous.

Those rogue 'e's again.

:lol:

See post above!

(tu)

Back to the top, if he 'd not had lulls, he 'd never have been out of the side.

Souness very pointedly remarked that Johnston scored the winner in 1-0 games, not the 5th in 5-0's (paraphrased a bit there), hence why he fancied him more, at Ally's expense. I'm happy to acknowledge he worked it out, but that came through spells where he sat out a bit.

I'm not saying he didn't learn - he did, but you can 't fight the evidence that he wasn't always first pick.

My point is that he hasn't the luxury of the breaks he got when it was him, Hateley or Johnston - it's all down to him & it's pretty unremitting.

Has he lost the dressing room entirely.

Well he's as much told the players they aren't good enough. Always talking about bringing in better quality players and going on about how the players we have brought in aren't as good as the players we lost during admin and whilst thats probably true its a bit of a kick in the balls to these players. They are his singings at the end of the day and he should be developing them. I have no faith that he can do that. People go on about the 'football manager' players on here but its almost as if Ally has just thought, these guys are clearly better than the level we are playing at so im just going to sign them and play them because at the end of the day they should win.

Derby have a much better football tea, they have a bigger budget, better players and consistently play at a higher level than we have in the last 2 seasons.

People need to remember it's the Scottish Championship we need to win, not the English one.

What tea do we drink then?

I don't see why that's an issue to be honest unless it's performance enhancing tea.

Go and think about why he wasn't fancied and was used as a sub. You've really answered it above yourself.

No, no attempt to decry his playing record, merely to remind that he had attitude issues as you, again, acknowledge yourself.

The point is that then, he had guys around to step in and do the business while he was sorting himself out - and he made a good job of that, leading to his great stats.

In this current role , he has no such support & it's full on all the time.

I might also add that his talent, leading to his great playing record, was based on razor-sharp instinct & reactions. He wasn't exactly a schemer, which may, perhaps, be a better quality to bring into management?

To be fair , I don't think anyone is decrying his footballing ability , at least I hope not.

On a personal level , I don't think he has it as a manager . There's no disgrace in that - many have tried and failed. But being a legend as a player does not automatically make you a good manager - you either have it or you don't . As much as I like Ally the player / the man , I have more concern of Rangers right now , than Ally the manager.

What tea do we drink then?

I don't see why that's an issue to be honest unless it's performance enhancing tea.

Green Tea has lots of anti-oxidants.

It might help, I guess.

To be fair , I don't think anyone is decrying his footballing ability , at least I hope not.

On a personal level , I don't think he has it as a manager . There's no disgrace in that - many have tried and failed. But being a legend as a player does not automatically make you a good manager - you either have it or you don't . As much as I like Ally the player / the man , I have more concern of Rangers right now , than Ally the manager.

Balls up ! That was meant for Inigo !

You can't sack a manager because of a preseason result.

If you are talking about what happened last season, it's pointless. If the Ally oot brigade wanted to discuss whether or not he should have been sacked based on last seasons performances then this thread is a few months late.

Besides, if he was going to be sacked based on last seasons results/performances then it would have been done at the end of last season, it wasn't, therefore he is going nowhere.

The board aren't going to turn around and say "oh, Rangers were pish during preseason, let's sack Ally."

Therefore, he is here and will manage the team during the Hibs and Hearts games, which is why I'm saying it would be more appropriate to discuss his future if we lose one or both of those games.

Last season is in the past, he wasn't sacked for it then so he won't be sacked for it now, so let's concentrate on this season.

Nobody is asking for him to be sacked because of a preseason result. They want him sacked for the lack of results right across his tenure.

You are right, it is unlikely he will be sacked now, but folk have the right to voice their displeasure and let it be known this is unacceptable.

If not, we go into the next games with a clean sheet and if he screws them up too its only two games.

We can't have that, his whole record needs to be taken into account as I have to say Max Bygraves has a better record.

Balls up ! That was meant for Inigo !

It was? Hang on two secs...................... Ah yeah, I see...

Hmm. As I said, there was a wee suspect line in one of HG5s posts.

Derby have a much better football tea, they have a bigger budget, better players and consistently play at a higher level than we have in the last 2 seasons.

People need to remember it's the Scottish Championship we need to win, not the English one.

It's not just about this friendly. It's more about the standard we've played over the last couple of years with players we've signed from spfl clubs playing against part timers.

I think they'd need to dye it, or call it something else, but the content is good.....

Kentucky Blue Tea.

Even though it's from China. Meh.

so why did he want all they SPL players then if all he was asked was two successive promotions in part time leagues

how can Allan Johnston win the 3rd tier of scottish football and the ransdens cup by spending 10% of what ally felt was needed

why did we supposedly build a team to compete in the cups, yet dismiss them when ally doesnt win them

This all day long! End of argument! Sooner Ally goes the better.

Sorry I wasn't trying to be disingenuous to you .

I do think you have to separate Ally the player with Ally the manager.

No probs, squire. It wasn't taken as such. (tu)

McLeish. Who somehow managed to finish 3rd in two horse race?

Aye the same guy who lead us to a treble and got us through the group stages of the champions lge before losing on away goals to Villareal ( remember big Dados handball ? )

Now they're cowards for not calling for change . Lol

cowards because plenty of them are accusing the board of being weak for not dealing with McCoist but refusing to say the same to the mhedia.

We all know their agenda. Call the board weak for keeping McCoist but if the board sacked McCoist they would be the first to say the board are

monsters for getting rid of a legend. They are trying to put the board in a no win situation. But you already knew that.