Big changes

cumnockbear

ACCORDING to SunSport sources within Rangers, big changes are expected to the club's backroom staff over the coming months. It has been reported that Iain Durrant will take up the role of chief scout in the aim of mapping out a successful scouting network for the club. In the last few years Durrant has compiled the reports on players such as Emilson Cribari, Anestis Argyriou & Arnold Peralta, all of whom ended up signing with Rangers.

The gap in the coaching team left by Durrant will be taken up by current skipper Lee McCulloch in what will be for this season a player-coach role. It is all but confirmed that at the end of the season McCulloch will retire and focus on the coaching side at the club. Our source in Ibrox claims the position was originally created with former skipper Barry Ferguson in mind before he agreed to become manager of League 2 Clyde.

Ally McCoist's position as manager is already under consideration, although the board are reluctant to sack the club legend until they have sorted out other issues with the club. The source claims that should McCoist leave, the board's ideal management team would be led by current Motherwell manager Stuart McCall, with his former 'Gers team mate Brian Laudrup assisting him.

FULL STORY TOMORROW

:power_of_anguish: the only bit that excites me is Laudrup.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all speculation at the moment but on the coaching side of things this club is crying out for a fresh pair of eyes not another yes man friend of the manager being promoted from within.

As for Durrant as a scout, the names mentioned as ones picked out and scouted by him are hardly anything to write home about are they?

Fuckin turf the lot ae them out, thats whats needed; Ally should never have got the job to begin with, son of walter, jig as coach?, naw, durrant is a waste of a wage and the way he shouts at the kids is a disgrace

(tu)

ACCORDING to SunSport sources within Rangers, big changes are expected to the club's backroom staff over the coming months. It has been reported that Iain Durrant will take up the role of chief scout in the aim of mapping out a successful scouting network for the club. In the last few years Durrant has compiled the reports on players such as Emilson Cribari, Anestis Argyriou & Arnold Peralta, all of whom ended up signing with Rangers.

The gap in the coaching team left by Durrant will be taken up by current skipper Lee McCulloch in what will be for this season a player-coach role. It is all but confirmed that at the end of the season McCulloch will retire and focus on the coaching side at the club. Our source in Ibrox claims the position was originally created with former skipper Barry Ferguson in mind before he agreed to become manager of League 2 Clyde.

Ally McCoist's position as manager is already under consideration, although the board are reluctant to sack the club legend until they have sorted out other issues with the club. The source claims that should McCoist leave, the board's ideal management team would be led by current Motherwell manager Stuart McCall, with his former 'Gers team mate Brian Laudrup assisting him.

FULL STORY TOMORROW

:power_of_anguish: the only bit that excites me is Laudrup.

durrant / mculloch no way forget jobs for the boys ? mccall or billy davies for manager :thumbup:

I'd prefer McCall and Lauders out of those options and wouldn't mind that actually happening, Durrant can't see how shite our current midfield is, I doubt he'll be able to spot an improvement.

I've heard from a few sources that McCulloch is actually pretty disheartened by the coaching and would do things differently, wether or not he has the ability/baws/permission to do so is another matter, but I've heard he's reasonably switched on.

Give me Laudrup and McCall any day of the week if those are our options, would still like to open it up to applicants though.

McCall and Laudrup i could deal with, Durrant as scout? FFS why? Jig has the motivation appeal of a wet kipper on the park, must be even less enthused in training.

Only good news is the board may think of Punting Ally but not until the end of the year maybe....

No top news here unless things change.

Generally speaking, the world's greatest managers were, at best, somewhat average footballers.

I'd be interested to see that one perpetuate the trend!

I think the difference is that the average players you mention (Ferguson, etc?) have a sense of 'unfinished' business, where the playing side hasn't quite lived up to expectations.

I reckon that, if you asked Jig, he'd say he'd had a pretty good time of it - perhaps succeeding beyond his talent.

Thus dulling the sense of injustice that fuels the managerial careers you refer to.

Sunsport can reveal big changes ahead at Ibrox....

McCoist is thinking about taking his lunch 30 minutes earlier to beat the queue, mcdowel has decided to go on a green tea diet and won't be eating any more dairy products, on the football side of things, our insider can reveal rangers have placed an order for a pack of 60 cones.... durranty loves an Ice cream.

That is essentially what's happening - shifting deck chairs around the titanic. Pointless reading that shit, exactly what the fans don't want.

Although - depending on other applicants, McCall and Laudrup wouldn't be a bad shout (tu)