Jim Murphy MP, Old Firm history & sectarianism

OlegKuznetsov

Cheers Oleg.

Think it quite important that people can see for themselves his efforts to maintain the union , and the abuse he takes for it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't that surprising, the more I hear about him.

My new identity is, however, something of a surprise.

P.S. FAO D'Art, should he read this. I am not trying to imitate you, but for some reason, others have mistaken me for you. That said, I can only take it as a compliment.

ooppss sorry oleg :blink:

Me and Jimbo have crossed swords at an Armed Forces parade a couple of years ago in George Square when ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ attempted to disrupt it but only ended up with a sore face. The disgusting thing about that was Stephen Purcell, bent politician, junkie and all round low life and him took the salute from BRITISH veterans. Me and him (Murphy) will alway be an arms length and an ocean apart but to be fair to him he has took his party's fight against independence to wee ecks frontline and been subjected to very sinister attacks usually from the back even though it only involved eggs but it could have been worse if they had weapons in their hands. I know he a media whore like all politicians and his words on the Orange Order were absolutely deplorable which will always make me cautious on anything he does or says but his Jesuit training has drawn out the worst about these yes fanatics who have been shown how evil they can be given the chance, they intimidate at sort of arms length and from the back, abuse over the phone, abuse over the net but not to your face, crash your windows if you've got a NO sticker in it even. Although that reminds me of Scottish referees when the bheggars get beat by Rangers, especially at the phiggery ! Anyway Jimbo keep up the good work at exposing these reptiles for what they are fascist rhepublicans !

post-75-0-51397000-1409432705_thumb.jpg

Thought he was very good in his position as Scottish Secretary in the last government where he really tore into Salmond and it seemed that there was someone that could actually match him in debate. Was disappointed when he didn't take the Scottish leadership at Holyrood as he was tipped to become an MSP for that case as Scottish Labour really needs the help and i would have liked to him to have fronted the Better Together campaign aswell although i understand why he wasn't chosen.

Me and Jimbo have crossed swords at an Armed Forces parade a couple of years ago in George Square when ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ attempted to disrupt it but only ended up with a sore face. The disgusting thing about that was Stephen Purcell, bent politician, junkie and all round low life and him took the salute from BRITISH veterans. Me and him (Murphy) will alway be an arms length and an ocean apart but to be fair to him he has took his party's fight against independence to wee ecks frontline and been subjected to very sinister attacks usually from the back even though it only involved eggs but it could have been worse if they had weapons in their hands. I know he a media whore like all politicians and his words on the Orange Order were absolutely deplorable which will always make me cautious on anything he does or says but his Jesuit training has drawn out the worst about these yes fanatics who have been shown how evil they can be given the chance, they intimidate at sort of arms length and from the back, abuse over the phone, abuse over the net but not to your face, crash your windows if you've got a NO sticker in it even. Although that reminds me of Scottish referees when the bheggars get beat by Rangers, especially at the phiggery ! Anyway Jimbo keep up the good work at exposing these reptiles for what they are fascist rhepublicans !

post-75-0-51397000-1409432705_thumb.jpg

Good post, mate.

Can't disagree with any of that. (tu)

I think so to. He's not as venomous as others often are.

You may say that's due to him being a politician, but it didn't stop Lord/Baron Reid of the oppressed.

I don't think it is necessarily due to him being a politician, he appears to just be a decent, fairly balanced guy.

I find both Labour and Celtic abhorrent so he should be right up there with Reid, etc but I've a soft spot for him mainly due to him being a Cape Town boy like myself!

I'm full of admiration for Mr Murphy right now and his brave defiant stance against the Yes campaign bullying thugs.

I will never vote Labour or agree with his politics and I will always hate his team but as a man he's shown himself to be a man of principle and courage. This latest review (good on the OP) just backs that up.

I'd go as far as to say I wish he was one of us. That's the highest praise I can give.

Informative and very interesting. 34 years an accident though? Mmmm.....

I think when you consider the demographics and the preferences of players, it is fair to call it an accident, as even Spiers accepted that in that 34year period, Rangers did try to sign Catholics but they rejected the approaches.

I also think that some may have said that's fair enough, let's not waste our time trying and that it became something of a habit.

Very interesting post. Although I knew about Kitchenbrand there were a few names that were new to me and who knows, there may have been many more on the books that were no where near the first team.

I have often wondered about a player from the 1970s, Alex O'Hara. Certainly his name would suggest Irish roots but I see he wasn't mentioned in your list Oleg. His name has always stood out on old team sheets and wonder what his story is.

Smashing article with info that needs to be spread to a wider audience.

Very interesting post. Although I knew about Kitchenbrand there were a few names that were new to me and who knows, there may have been many more on the books that were no where near the first team.

I have often wondered about a player from the 1970s, Alex O'Hara. Certainly his name would suggest Irish roots but I see he wasn't mentioned in your list Oleg. His name has always stood out on old team sheets and wonder what his story is.

Smashing article with info that needs to be spread to a wider audience.

Alex O'Hara was a Protestant from castlemilk.

I think I'm gonny vomit

Murphy is one of the Opus Mafia who sense that power over the British monarchy is within their grasp

An independent Scotland will hamper their ambitions on that front so of course he will be against it

His rant about Orange parades exposed him for the bigot he is

They are after the crown, don't be fooled by them

Very good Oleg (tu)

I don't like Jim Murphy especially since his latest comments trying to stop the OO from expressing their view on the referendum but it is certainly refreshing to hear that he can look objectively upon matters (tu)

Again, very good post, highlighting the hypocrisy which has now became "fact" in Scottish society.

I remember reading a similar thing in a book in my teens.

It was pretty common knowledge at that time that we 'adopted' an unofficial policy to appease demands of the fans,more retaliatory than initiative.

As Selltics own propaganda states 'we were founded etc etc and open to SUPPORTERS of all faiths'.

Selltic could only play Catholics originally.

Persistent rumours state that Brother Walfrid contacted the Vatican to ask for 'dispensation' to allow Protestants to play because they had a very limited population to chose from and were hindered by the Catholic only rules.

The Vatican allowed a dispensation of 3 Protestants only and no Jews at all.

Odd that the Catholic UEFA should arrive at the same restrictions many years later.

There are people of the catholic faith I can have respect for and he is one Tommy Burns was another, However I have no respect for any fenian and never will.

Agree totally.Tommy Burns never displayed any nastiness to our club and when you compare him to Lennon you see how far selltic have fallen in pandering to the 'bigots' at the club.Tommy Burns would not have tolerated it.Maybe mutual grudging respect died with Mr Burns.He was certainly a good man.

I think I'm gonny vomit

Murphy is one of the Opus Mafia who sense that power over the British monarchy is within their grasp

An independent Scotland will hamper their ambitions on that front so of course he will be against it

His rant about Orange parades exposed him for the bigot he is

They are after the crown, don't be fooled by them

This is why our club is continually attacked and vilified.

Ranges fans in Scotland vote for this type of pedo protecting sectarian bigot describing him as a great guy.

Turkeys voting for Christmas.

What happened to the pope he grovelled too, the word unsavoury does not cover the filth his false gods got up to.