*****Official Alloa game thread*****

IainB

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Livingston took 4 off them last week!?

Alloa did well today but these teams have the confidence to perform coming up against us cos we are gash.

Indeed - was just making the point that such comparisons aren't always a reliable guide.

Said after 5mins,we won't win this today the attitude was ridiculous,no pace,no urgency and they 2 comedians law and black

Are a waste of space,never leave there allotted positions never take a chance of going in the box,never supply the front 2,

Everything goes from front to back,it was cringeworthy in the second half,easy to defend against,laughable mccoist,as for

Fraser aird has he ever,beat a man got to the bye line and crossed a ball? No never. He crosses the ball from just over the half way line wtf?

how the fuck can we blame the pitch, we have an artificial pitch at murray park, been using them in competitive games on and off for 2 years now, and have a team full of supposed top division experienced pro's

we must be the only team that plays the long ball on a surface as flat as a bowling green

We won't beat Falkirk with that team out

No Wallace, Clark or Macleod I would have my doubts but there is still enough talent to win the tie. It will probably be another long slog. Ally needs to shake up the team a little and maybe go with Shiels in behind Boyd.

Why on earth were we training at Ibrox on Friday knowing full well that we're gonna be playing on a rotten plastic surface on Saturday?

Makes no sense at all.

Also why is Ally always pictured playing in games at training, surely his job is more important than having a laugh with the boys.

We couldn't even get the basics right today, sort it out, please.

No Wallace, Clark or Macleod I would have my doubts but there is still enough talent to win the tie. It will probably be another long slog. Ally needs to shake up the team a little and maybe go with Shiels in behind Boyd.

Wallace was on Rangers TV at half time today. The way he was taking he will make Tuesday's game.

Recently we've been playing some decent stuff. The more I think about it I think today could be a blip. Tuesday will tell.

I mentioned earlier that today looked like a European hangover. Again, I'm not comparing the ICT game to a tie in Europe but considering where we are and where we've been for the past 2 years that's exactly what it looked like.

how the fuck can we blame the pitch, we have an artificial pitch at murray park, been using them in competitive games on and off for 2 years now, and have a team full of supposed top division experienced pro's

we must be the only team that plays the long ball on a surface as flat as a bowling green

It's a wonder what the hell we do at the training ground

Been out all day, so just caught up with the game on RTV.

Watching us today was like watching us at the end of last season.

We had no pace, no drive, and our players just didn't look interested.

We were unfortunate not to have Wallace, Macleod or Clark for most of the game, but with the squad we have we shouldn't be kicking high balls up and hoping Daly can nab them, or waiting for Boyd to 'find his form' and deliver us goals.

I didn't rage during the preseason, I didn't get overly excited during our recent run of form, and so I can't find myself completely gutted about tonight, because while it was fucking dreadful, we will have some more good games, then some shit ones, and it will just go on until we hope Hearts drop more points than we do.

I'm fucking scunnered with it all, but I still stay up in my jersey to watch the team, I just have to get used to the fact we're an inconsistent team while we don't have strong management.

Well done to all the bears who went to the game (tu)

The defence was again atrocious. Alloa goal scorer had a free header, no one near him.

Moshni and Jig lobbing long balls over midfield to Boyd who also had a terrible game.

How many times do you have to see the long ball running away from players, to realise they don't work on plastic pitches.

Ally has to shoulder some of the blame for not changing the formation when they were controlling the midfield. However he is not on the field playing.

We had eleven very well paid supposedly professional footballers on the field who were playing like a weekend pub team.

But give due credit to Alloa they played like we did against ICT, ran for 90 mins, gave us no time on the ball.

Good luck to them.