Time to drop Boyd

King Jela

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is one of the many reasons we should never have signed him. Other reasons: he is fat, lazy, can't head the ball, Can't control the ball, has a poor attitude, was always outclassed when playing against even half-decent defenders, was shown up for the mediocre player he is when he moved down south, etc etc etc. When he was here before at least he scored against the wee teams, but he can't even do that anymore. Waste of a wage.

Fat? doh show us your 6 pack ;)

Body's in ok shape and is fitter than his first spell

I have been waiting on Boyd getting sharper as the season went on but he is always half a second too late and has shown no signs of improvement.

I'm the same. I thought that once he found his feet, a couple of games, he would go on a score for fun. Unfortunately he seems to have gotten worse. I still have my fingers crossed but it aint looking good

He gets no service. We haven't got Davis Ferguson Mendes playing balls into him on a plate.

As true as that is, he's still getting chances. You only need to watch the game against Raith to see how many chances he squandered, missed a typical Boyd type opportunity against Inverness too and I've not seen today's game, but heard he has chances too.

How bad is Clark's injury? If he's out for a few weeks then we will be needing Miller to keep fit so we can actually drop Boyd without playing Daly up front alone!

Deadliest striker in Scotland. I think it says more about our team and club than him to be honest that he has struggled. Yet another decent to good player declining in ability and produce under Ally McCoist. At any other club in the country he would be among the countries top scorers.

Deadliest striker in Scotland. I think it says more about our team and club than him to be honest that he has struggled. Yet another decent to good player declining in ability and produce under Ally McCoist. At any other club in the country he would be among the countries top scorers.

Pretty sure he ended up the top striker in Scotland last season?

Looks to me like he hasn't seen a football in months and doesn't know how to use it. Every striker needs confidence, and I think it looks clear he's not confident at the moment. That could be affecting him. Dropping him isn't exactly going to help that, but you can't just play him week in week out on current form.

Fuck knows what happens in training, but I'd suggest he should be staying on after normal training is done & just practices shooting at goal for a couple of hours or so.

Shame for boyd so far. I still think once he gets his confidence back he'll romp the goal charts. Just hope it doesn't take too long. I was more sceptical of the miller signing and it looks like hes going to play 1or2 games then miss with niggling injuries which probably would've put any other manager off but not oor ally. Most of us said at the time that miller wouldnt play much so god knows why a professional manager couldnt see it

why did we even resign boyd/miller. they've been useless for us. kenny is injured and boyd's got a bent foot. if they don't get it together then at least we can get them tae fuck at the end of the season. unless of course ally is still here and wants to extend their contract which i'm sure he will.