Is this another managerial blunder?

If Bell hadn't been injured we'd all be moaning about having a ridiculously expensive back up option when someone like Gallacher or Robinson would offer much better value for money.

Not too disappointed because I dont see Craig Gordon going for the kind of money he previously went for no matter how hard Lawwell works the propaganda machine.

I'm more pissed off that we seemingly passed up on Scott Allan and resigned Kyle Hutton when the boy had a brilliant game on Monday night while we have to continue with the poor Black-Law partnership.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hindsight is 20-20.

Go back to when it was reported that we were considering offering him a deal and there were only a couple of people who thought it was a good idea. The rest were criticising McCoist for even considering it.

He's done well for them so far but we already had an esthablished number 1 in Bell and both him and Gordon would probably have been paid too much for us to justify having one of them sitting on the bench for 90% of the season.

McCoist didn't make a blunder by not signing him, he made the blunder by playing up the I'm everyone's mate tag and allowing him to use our facilities so he could get back playing again.

all of this. (tu)

Why the big drama? He's a injury prone , overrated keeper who that lot signed to replace " world class " Forster ...

Is a bit odd that McCoist let him use MP without , apparently , ever trying to sign him.... Did he not let Webster use MP summer of 2013 aswell?

What else can you except from everyone's best mate , even tarriers .

Well, if we had too many keepers why did we spend money and offer our full medical services to Gordon in the first place?

Really !

What makes you think we spent money on him,

Did we pay him lots of money for playing in bounce games ?

Offering training facilities is just a professional courtesy.

I'm pretty sure we've done it plenty of times

miller and Boyd spring to mind whenever they came home in the American League close season.

How many goalkeepers do we need?

Bell was always going to be number one and Gordon wasn't going to sign on a cheap deal because we offered him training facilities. Don't know if he was formally offered anything at all do we? There was likely an informal chat where it was explained he'd be a number two, and at the stage of his career that's not what he wanted...and likely neither what Bell wanted, so one would have to go and Bell deserves his shot. He's a pro and goes where the money and opportunity is.

Had Bell not got injured, this wouldn't even be getting talked about. But never mind, it's yet another obtuse angle created to create an anti-Ally rant.

he might not have signed on a cheap deal but he's on 4 grand a week basic at the Piggery, think I read that it doubles if he plays but thats hardly big outlay for such a top quality player,I guess the Tims can take that gamble while we probably cant

he might not have signed on a cheap deal but he's on 4 grand a week basic at the Piggery, think I read that it doubles if he plays but thats hardly big outlay for such a top quality player,I guess the Tims can take that gamble while we probably cant

Last sentence is sadly spot on. We'd be absolutely slated for it, especially if Bell never got injured

Aye...

Ally thought we had enough cover with Bell and Simo.

Although Gordan was training with us for the best part of a year.

Only after letting Simo go because we had Gallacher.

Ally then released Gallacher.

Then we resigned Simo.

Bell then got injured, so we signed Lee and Simo went to number 1.

Simo was oringially signed as a backup to Bell who was a replacement for Alexander.

Lee and Simo are now competing for signing of the century and Ally's over the moon.

End of the day; Alexander and Gallacher have both won at ibrox this season with Hearts. And ra Selik get a top quality goalkeeper for free after we got him back to full fitness who is now making brilliant saves in Europe.

Moral of the storey: Ally hasn't got a fucking clue.

Nice one, its like a feckin comedy sketch. you really could not make it up.

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=268800

Now here we are a few months on and the majority of people are calling it a blunder that we didn't sign him?

I'm no fan of McCoist but some people need to be consistent with their opinions rather than just flip flop it when they have the benefit of hindsight.

Of course it's ultimately a blunder.

He was the one seeing him everyday in training, we weren't.

Of course it's ultimately a blunder.

He was the one seeing him everyday in training, we weren't.

But if we had signed him and he had broken down within a couple of weeks then any decision to sign him would be have been considered a blunder too.

Nobody could have known for sure or not if he would hold and for what he would have cost us in terms of a wage I imagine we just decided he wasn't worth the risk and that's something I can completely understand when you look at his record with injuries.

I knew a thread like this would be posted it was only a matter of time and I wrote as much in the thread from May linked on this one.

95% were against his signing at the time.

Who gives a fuck what fans think on a forum, a manager is looking at players close up on a daily basis and should be able to make a call thats why he is on such a large salary.

Mourinho got rid of Mata for a big fee, the fans were not happy. What has Mata done since then? Thats what you call a manager.

Who gives a fuck what fans think on a forum, a manager is looking at players close up on a daily basis and should be able to make a call thats why he is on such a large salary.

Mourinho got rid of Mata for a big fee, the fans were not happy. What has Mata done since then? Thats what you call a manager.

Well you obviously care since you made the thread.

Will you come back and say the manager made the right decision If Gordon gets injured in the near future?

I doubt It.

Edit. I think Ally should walk now, but not because of this shit.

If I'm honest , and I'm a big Ally critic , but I don't think CG would have signed to play second to Cammy Bell . Not at his age.

I'm more inclined to think a bigger blunder is in not spotting Andy Robertson after having faced him four times while at Queens Park .

And time will tell if there are more ?

I knew a thread like this would be posted it was only a matter of time and I wrote as much in the thread from May linked on this one.

95% were against his signing at the time.

That the thread that people were slating Ally for considering signing a £4,000 a week permanently injured back up keeper who hadn't played for years?