Macleod's Role

AlBear.

His qualities are more suited to an advanced role where he can get on the ball and find the final pass, rather than being a deeper lying playmaker. Playing on the left, with Wallace overlapping, he can drift into that advanced role in the middle to create chances and score them. Playing him in a 2 man midfield with someone like Law limits his potential to impact on the game.

For me he's more of an Iniesta, than a Xavi...

His qualities are more suited to an advanced role where he can get on the ball and find the final pass, rather than being a deeper lying playmaker. Playing on the left, with Wallace overlapping, he can drift into that advanced role in the middle to create chances and score them. Playing him in a 2 man midfield with someone like Law limits his potential to impact on the game.

For me he's more of an Iniesta, than a Xavi...

Drop Law, play Aird and Templeton on the wings, and Black sitting while Macleod in behind the strikers, Black gets the instructions that every pass he makes must be less than 20 yards, none of this Mr Midfielder shite 50 yard punts he's awful at

Drop Law, play Aird and Templeton on the wings, and Black sitting while Macleod in behind the strikers, Black gets the instructions that every pass he makes must be less than 20 yards, none of this Mr Midfielder shite 50 yard punts he's awful at

Got to find him first.

Midfield pretty packed today again as this seems to be the tactic of most teams we play. Thought he was pretty quiet but worked hard and had a couple of nice touches and passes. What I like about McLeod, is his work rate to win the ball back and he always looks to make that decisive pass even when it doesn't come off the first time. Totally agree with the Op that he is so much better up the park and he seems to be working the position well of just fading off the left and into the middle of the park. He then becomes a more dangerous player as he is such a sweet striker of the ball and has scored some great goals. IMO we sadly seem to be a less effective team when he's not in our midfield.

I thought he was murder today, but needs to play the position more regularly to see improvement i dont think he can be judged by one bad game in the middle.

I didn't think he had a bad game, just in my opinion his ability is better utilised in a more attacking role. Like Iniesta...

Lewis will be moved to the left side once Black is fit again, I won't complain because I prefer him there to Smith & Black should be playing alongside Law to keep Law motivitated in the centre.

Macleod is definitely better further forward and has been OK coming in from the left. I just think the problem with playing that way is it limits the effectiveness of Wallace both defensively and coming forward. Wallace is much more effective with someone in front of him to create space. I agree with those who think Macleod would be better in the middle with Black, just a little advanced of him.

As much as I rate him as a player I thought he wasn't at his best at all yesterday. He seemed a bit lost at times, didn't play the ball well and lacked dig in a tackle. I personally don't think he's ready to play in the centre of midfield just yet and out wide is a better position for him. It's a different game playing there for the unders and he was lacking a lot today. That said I do think that will end up being his best position in time as he certainly has the ability.