Lewis Macleod available for Alloa game

Broxi1872

LEWIS Macleod will play for Rangers tomorrow after being given permission by his national manager.

Ally McCoist and Gordon Strachan have come to an agreement that allows the 20-year old to be released from the Scotland squad to take on Alloa.

The Light Blues boss was especially keen to have his midfield maestro in his team for Saturday and he confirmed the news today following talks between the managers, that had been on going all week.

He said: “Lewis is available to us and he will play for us tomorrow, he trained with us this morning.

“He’s thoroughly enjoying his time with the Scotland boys and he’s going to the game tonight.

“He’ll turn up for us in the morning and be in the squad for tomorrow’s game against Alloa.

“I will assume he will be back with Scotland after that but I’ve only been looking to the Alloa game – I’m just delighted he’s available to be selected for our team tomorrow.

“Gordon and I spoke and if there was any opportunity to play or involve Lewis Macleod then that is clearly in the best interest of Rangers.”

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet again our manager tells the squad he has his favourites and they will play regardless. Personally i find it embarrassing that we are having to recall a player to face....Alloa.

So he can't put Smith or Shiels back in or play Clark in a 4-3-3.

And i don't give a shit what the Sooper Ally brigade think.

So are you mate for replying to my every post :lol: within 5 minutes too. I'm not gay sorry so go look elsewhere.

I had just logged in. It was more than obvious you'd spout your idiotic comments at some point.

Funny you jump to homosexual thoughts first...you been in your tent by yourself for too long pal.

Good news somewhat....for lewis in regards to playing a game rather than being on the bench. However, this does not detract from the realities that Ally seems to be showing little confidence in his other players. Whether this is in fact true or not, we won't know...

We can only assume on what is the likely scenario here.

Good news somewhat....for lewis in regards to playing a game rather than being on the bench. However, this does not detract from the realities that Ally seems to be showing little confidence in his other players. Whether this is in fact true or not, we won't know...

We can only assume on what is the likely scenario here.

Why should a club not use arguably their best player when he's available?

Yet again our manager tells the squad he has his favourites and they will play regardless. Personally i find it embarrassing that we are having to recall a player to face....Alloa.

So he can't put Smith or Shiels back in or play Clark in a 4-3-3.

And i don't give a shit what the Sooper Ally brigade think.

Interesting spin.

Ally's responsibility is Rangers. If he has the possibility to field one of his best players it's only natural he should explore it. We're not 'having to' recall him, we're WANTING to. Everyone is winning here. If Scotland don't have any intention of playing him, then he isn't missing a week of football, which will be beneficial to a player that's progressing so quickly.

As for your last line, you could do with growing up a bit. And you sound obsessed with McCoist, because this is also about what's best for Rangers, for Scotland and for the player.