McCoist is not a manager, but we are...so what is your 11?

theiconicman

GK - Bell

RB - Peralta (Better than Foster and showed glimpses against Utd)

CB - Faure (I think he looks half decent defensively)

CB - McGregor

LB - Wallace

CM - MacLeod

CM - McCulloch

LW - Templeton

AMC - Law (Probably his natural position, would get the best from him)

RW - McKay

SC - Miller

Temps and McKay are inconsistent and probably always will be but they're wingers what do you expect.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 years ago id have had at least 6 youth players in the starting 11

but now where we are and what we need, its unfortunately guys that arent raw about the edges

a 4231 for me

Bell (or whatever fit keeper)

Foster right back shudders

McGregor centre half

McCulloch centre half

Wallace left back

Black defensive mid

Peralta defensive mid

Templeton left wing

MacLeod Attacking mid

Aird right wing

Clark or Daly up top

Just watching the City Munich game. The first action of the game was Munich all pressing the city defence. Great set up they have, so well drilled. Both teams are looking excellent, albeit city have struggled these last few years in the champs league.

I wonder if McCoist even watches these games? All players are fully aware of the system and the players around them. A proper team. We look like 11 blokes playing a game in the park trying to so the right things but without putting in the hard work on the training ground.

Just watching the City Munich game. The first action of the game was Munich all pressing the city defence. Great set up they have, so well drilled. Both teams are looking excellent, albeit city have struggled these last few years in the champs league.

I wonder if McCoist even watches these games? All players are fully aware of the system and the players around them. A proper team. We look like 11 blokes playing a game in the park trying to so the right things but without putting in the hard work on the training ground.

A criticism levelled at McCoist by a few pundits and ex players.

The balance in the team is all wrong but is done to ensure that certain players play every week.

After Black's woeful performance against Hearts and giving away a needless penalty he should be dropped..but won't be.

McCulloch at centre half dictates a deeper and slower style of play. He cannot press too high up the park due to his lack of pace. Hence why our midfield don't dominate games the way they should. And when you have your best midfielder played in an area where there is less chance to influence a game what do you expect.

And he keeps setting the team up like this despite the fact that we can see we struggle against better players. In fact we struggle against almost all our opposition.

Killie on Sunday will be the same. Same players, same failings and same moans and groans during and after the game.

Mohsni gets a raw deal and rightly so but I do genuinely think there is a player in there and I think he'd thrive alongside Zaliukas or McGregor

best XI for me

.................................... Bell

Sinnamon ... McGregor .. Mohsni ... Wallace

.................................. Black

.................. Law .................... MacLeod

............................. Templeton

.................... Clark ................ Miller

Mohsni gets a raw deal and rightly so but I do genuinely think there is a player in there and I think he'd thrive alongside Zaliukas or McGregor

best XI for me

.................................... Bell

Sinnamon ... McGregor .. Mohsni ... Wallace

.................................. Black

.................. Law .................... MacLeod

............................. Templeton

.................... Clark ................ Miller

Agreed 100%, Plenty of mobility in that side and no weak links that players are currently having to cover for, the only question mark I would have is Sinnamon because I haven't really seen him play but to be honest he can't be any worse than who we've played at right back for the last few seasons.

My arm-chair management attempt -- I'd be delighted to see something like this:

4-3-3 / 4-5-1 as required:

Simonsen

Faure McGregor McCulloch/Moshni Wallace

Aird Macleod Black

Clark Miller Law

Aims: Mobility and speed over the front 6 players. Get the ball moving around quickly and get shots on goal from all angles. Macleod in the centre. Law in a surprisingly advanced position.

Sub Examples (7 available):

1. Templeton subbed-on at 55-60 minutes. In my view, he performs better against fatigued opponents over the last 30-35 minutes of a match.

2+3. Shiels and/or Peralta subbed-on for any fatiguing player in the front 6. Peralta is not what I'd call an "elegant" player -- however, he does have pace and offers raw physical work.

4. Daly subbed-on if more strength/power is required up-front.

5/6/7. Three more subs to cover for injuries and emergencies (e.g., GK, defender, midfielder).

Risks:

Template depends on keeping the ball and moving it away from / around opposition in midfield before they can get near it.

My arm-chair management attempt:

4-3-3 / 4-5-1 as required:

Simonsen

Faure McGregor McCulloch/Moshni Wallace

Aird Macleod Black

Clark Miller Law

Aims: Mobility and speed over the front 6 players. Get the ball moving around quickly and get shots on goal from all angles. Macleod in the centre. Law in a surprisingly advanced position.

Sub Examples (7 available):

1. Templeton subbed-on at 55-60 minutes. In my view, he performs better against fatigued opponents over the last 30-35 minutes of a match.

2+3. Shiels or Peralta subbed-on for any fatiguing player in the front 6. Peralta is not what I'd call an "elegant" player -- however, he does have pace and offers raw physical work.

4. Daly subbed-on if more strength/power is required up-front.

5/6/7. Three more subs to cover for injuries and emergencies (e.g., GK, defender, midfielder).

Would agree with this apart from Sinnamon at RB and Gasparotto to partner McGregor at CB and Templeton instead of Black so don't really agree after all.

Pace is so important in the modern game allied to technique, i feel this team would give us at least some decent football to watch if nothing else

A criticism levelled at McCoist by a few pundits and ex players.

The balance in the team is all wrong but is done to ensure that certain players play every week.

After Black's woeful performance against Hearts and giving away a needless penalty he should be dropped..but won't be.

McCulloch at centre half dictates a deeper and slower style of play. He cannot press too high up the park due to his lack of pace. Hence why our midfield don't dominate games the way they should. And when you have your best midfielder played in an area where there is less chance to influence a game what do you expect.

And he keeps setting the team up like this despite the fact that we can see we struggle against better players. In fact we struggle against almost all our opposition.

Killie on Sunday will be the same. Same players, same failings and same moans and groans during and after the game.

Agreed, really disappointed to see the same faces every week despite a real sub par performance most weeks. Playing youngsters isn't only good for the long term, it's likely to give Black, Law, Boyd, Jig, Wallace and Foster etc a kick up the arse. The only guy he seems to drop after a bad game is Templeton, despite him being one of the few players who can break down teams.

I'm still shocked Gallagher, McKay, gasparatto etc are all out on loan. I'm scratching my head he's still in a job, then I remember the utter shite board and money issues we have. The place is a bloody mess. I hope Ashley sorts it out and puts an end to all the infighting.

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

And I would definitely bring in Sir David of Weir as manager. Dream team

Sadly the above isnt possible

so its

bell

Foster faure mcgregor wallace

black mcculloch hutton

macleod

clark miller

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

Sir David of Weir

And I would definitely bring in Sir David of Weir as manager. Dream team

Sadly the above isnt possible

so its

bell

Foster faure mcgregor wallace

black mcculloch hutton

macleod

clark miller

Worst. Team. Ever.

Worst. Team. Ever.

From what we have available at the moment. That is what I would pick to start in the league games. Foster at moment who do we have that could replace him? faure? shit players dont play age grade for france, Mcgregor best defender we have. Black and hutton can do the job fine in this division. Jig played well when moved forward to midfield and front three would bang in for fun.