Toon players on loan

stevotrueblue

We won't be getting any of Newcastle's better, slightly more proven youngsters such as Aarons, Ameobi, Dummett or maybe even Armstrong. Newcastle's squad is pretty thin at the moment, and it would appear Ashley may be reluctant to spend much money, if any in January. Plus they have a few injuries, and will have a few players away at the African Nations cup.

In saying that I'd be happy to have a few of their more unproven youngsters to see what they are like, and see if they can have the same sort of impact Dummett and Newton had at St Mirren. We could maybe get Armstrong but again, Newcastle are pretty lightweight up top. Perez is still a young boy, Cisse will be away, and Riviere and Ferraya (SP) are pretty poor.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Llambias gives Ally McCoist the nod to carry on scouting January transfer targets

StewartFisher-wee_0.jpg

Stewart Fisher

Sports Writer

Sunday 30 November 2014

DEREK LLAMBIAS, the Rangers non-executive director and close ally of Mike Ashley, has given manager Ally McCoist the go-ahead to continue scouting targets for January.

The former Newcastle United managing director, who joined the Ibrox board - initially as consultant - following the departure of chief executive Graham Wallace last month, has overseen cost-cutting measures since arriving at the club, making 10 employees redundant a fortnight ago.

The latest financial figures revealed Rangers require an additional £8 million in loans or share capital to survive the season, but McCoist said last night he has been speaking frequently to Llambias - even after the 2-0 defeat at Tynecastle last week which left Rangers trailing Hearts by nine points - and has already been on a scouting trip south of the border to look at potential targets. The trip wasn't limited to running the rule over potential loan signings from Newcastle.

McCoist said. "I spoke to Derek Llambias on Wednesday and I've spoken to him a good few times. He has been positive about the team and is obviously keen to help the team progress. We're still very, very hopeful we can get promoted this year and we're all aware of the challenges ahead. So we'll see what the January window brings.

"I've been [to England scouting players] already," added the Rangers manager, who also ran the rule over a couple of Canadian youth international players at Murray Park this week. "You cover as many games as you can. We were down south last week at a couple of games. Not just Newcastle. We're trying to look all over the place.

"There have been no discussions in respect of 'you'll have x-amount to spend' or 'you need to get rid of him'. That will be for further down the line. He said continue to do your job and go and look at players, then we'll have discussions."

That won't be met with universal approval, to say the least.

Mike Ashley agrees to loan of top young Newcastle players to Rangers

13 hours ago by Jim Robertson

Ally McCoist says that he has been given the green light to take some of Newcastle’s best young players on loan to help the Rangers promotion bid.

The Daily Record quoting McCoist as saying that’s he has had talks with Mike Ashley’s right-hand man Derek Llambias, with the former Newcastle United managing director reassuring the Rangers manager that he should continue doing his job and look at which players he’d like to bring in.

ibrox1.jpgMcCoist revealing that he has already been to watch some of Newcastle’s players already with a view to bringing them in on loan, Llambias having told the Rangers boss that they would chat further about the players he has identified.

“I have spoken to Derek (Llambias) a few times and he is positive and keen to help.

“He is still very hopeful that we can get promoted. He just said to continue doing my job, go and look at players and then we’ll have discussions.

“I have been for a look at some of Newcastle’s young players already.”

It will be interesting to see which players, if any, will make the move north. It would be very interesting to see somebody like 17 year old Callum Roberts heading up there and seeing what he could do at that level.

Sorry. Should have added this to the other thread.

Admin, please feel free to merge.

It's different to the Llambias giving the scouting nod though. This is MA giving his nod to take whichever players McCoist wants, on loan.