Xmas cancelled in cost savings excercise

robg58

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anybody know what Ashley's end game actually is?

We keep hearing that we need 8 million to secure the clubs future and that we are getting by on a month to month basis at the moment with Ashley drip feeding us loan after loan to fund that.

I don't get why he doesn't just loan us the money needed to secure the clubs position? Is it more beneficial for him to drip feed us help and slowly gain more power with each drip?

There's probably a really simple answer to this, but i don't follow the boardroom stuff and I'm no businessman so I don't understand it.

Almost ever one you go to......

Chances of that? :pipe:

I only ever went to one and it was dreadful so Ive never went again. I hear every year when they're over how pish it was this year so aye.

I work with a load of cunts anyway. The drama they create going out isn't worth it

So whilst pushing austerity at the low end we aren't allowed to challange spending at a board level?

It's fine to do it with the football operation (rightly so) but not the board, why are they untouchable?

Board spending as of today is 50k.

How's Mumsnet getting on?

Very sad just how bad it has got. To be fair this isn't really a particular big deal but it shows just how poor our financial situation is. People losing their jobs is a far more distressing problem than a knees up.

I'm in total agreement with you about people losing their jobs, also agree that its not a partocular big deal to me that there's no club funded Cmas party, the worrying thing is though that this course of action is seen as needed because our finances are so poor, if the club cancelled the party due to the players performances I'd have been more than happy with that, its the circumstances of the cancellation that must be a worry

The staff Christmas party is not a contractual obligation. Paying for around 200 staff would cost the club tens of thousands of pounds. Money we simply do not have to pay out on non essential expenditure

Players wages are obscene yes but are under contract. You can't just go in and amend them when you want to.

The players night out is paid for by themselves not the club.

Yes it is tough and as per its the staff who suffer but it's time we lived within our means not outwith them.

Renewing contracts of fringe players who don't even get a game ie Hutton isn't a contractual obligation. Offering contracts with obscene wages to players isn't an obligation, neither is renewing them in the summer, which the club shouldn't do, though I'm sure Black etc will somehow get offered an extension. Just poor management and hopefully Ashley and his new people are just as hard when they come to renewing existing and offering new contracts.

Also you have to take into accounts morale of your staff, keep good morale/motivation and efficiency increases and it more than pays for itself. Also staff getting fed up, possibly losing their job and dealing with large amounts of cash isn't a good mix. There's already been a large amount of cash gone 'missing' from people paying their season tickets by cash and getting a 'receipt' and the staff just pocketing the money!

Although it's on a small scale just shows how fucked this club is.

Yet there is still some who continue to have their head stuck in the sand, say things like ah things will turn good soon, once we sack McCoist everything will be rosey blah blah, there's no shining knight round the corner and there never has been. We're fucked from top to bottom sooner fans as a whole start to realise that the better, hopefully then we as fans will understand the only ones getting this club out this mess is ourselves.

We're fucked from top to bottom sooner fans as a whole start to realise that the better, hopefully then we as fans will understand the only ones getting this club out this mess is ourselves.

I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind it will be too late before the fans join together and come to that consensus.

I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind it will be too late before the fans join together and come to that consensus.

Me too, think the time for that has past.

I have no idea where the light at the end of the tunnel comes from, the only way I could see fans coming together will be another admin. Which still could be too late by then.

That's shocking really, i understand costs need cut but considering we still have Ally and co stealing a wage in management and several dead wood players, do we really need to deny the Ibrox staff a gift and a bloody Christmas party?

Yes! these things hurt but cuts have to be made everywhere for the sake of the club.

Probably ture.

The fans are no doubt sitting back thinking we turned up in record numbers in the pitts of Scottish football feeding everyone money and then look at us 2 years down the line and think what's the point?

Still boardroom shite, broken promises, no progression on the park, no new manager, big bonuses/wages, fans left in the dark.

It's depressing to think if had the management/players/bordroom done their jobs correctly we could be in a very different place than where we are today.

One fanbase (in general) who I'd never question the loyalty of is The Rangers support.

Probably ture.

The fans are no doubt sitting back thinking we turned up in record numbers in the pitts of Scottish football feeding everyone money and then look at us 2 years down the line and think what's the point?

Still boardroom shite, broken promises, no progression on the park, no new manager, big bonuses/wages, fans left in the dark.

It's depressing to think if had the management/players/bordroom done their jobs correctly we could be in a very different place than where we are today.

One fanbase (in general) who I'd never question the loyalty of is The Rangers support.

(tu)

It's not only depressing, it's infuriating and border line criminal.

Probably ture.

aye but not blindly following muppets ....thats disloyal that is!!

Me too, think the time for that has past.

I have no idea where the light at the end of the tunnel comes from, the only way I could see fans coming together will be another admin. Which still could be too late by then.

Another adimistration would be IMO the end for our club, I would not even say it in a throw away manner Ryan.

We also need to get this party situation into perspective, if I had just seen members of staff being made redundant the last thing I would be worrying about would be a Christmas party.

I could be wrong but I think this has been instigated by someone close to the u of f........ and done to cause more negative stories about Rangers FC. :(