Gone by January. A prediction.

OlegKuznetsov

He will be gone after the AGM and before Hibs. If the Board were going to get an easy ride then he would be gone already. Put him on gardening leave, bring in a new guy even on 400 grand and 2 years from now the cost of the manager would be the same as keeping McCoist but more money will have come into the club in that time.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Needs to be gone ASAP or we are well ant truly screwed both in football and financial terms.

Football if he doesn't leave soon then the chances of the unthinkable actually happening with Rangers failing to win promotion becomes more of a reality. A new manager needs time to impact on the current football on offer and to get the squad motivated. Unless this is done soon we face another season in the championship. We have little chance of catching Hearts and the play-offs are like 'cup ties' and we all know McCostalot's record in cup competitions, abysmal. Would you put money on us qualifying via the playoffs with the current management team??

Finance - If McCostalot is in situ after year end then there will be a negative impact on already falling attendances coupled with a dramatic fall in already poor season ticket sales. Average home gates will fall to around 7K - 9K and ST sales will be lucky to reach 18K for next season. We speak glibly about attracting investors but how could we seriously expect investment when crowds are dwindling and ST sales, especially if we fail to get promoted will collapse.

So the question is not can we afford to get rid of McCostalot, question is "can we afford NOT to get rid of him, PDQ?"

I think it will now last till the summer

Has he not got it in his contract that he must deliver promotion every season. .way thinks look he will be away by end of may

With no further severance pay as he has in effect broke his contract.

That won't save any money as his salary has reverted to the higher level and he'll get a full year of his working salary for six months work.

But then again, you have form for this sort of shit, don't you?

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/mccoist-doomed-to-be-rangers-manager-for-all-eternity-2014121893898

McCoist doomed to be Rangers manager for all eternity

18-12-14

ally425.jpg

AFTER unsuccessfully resigning, Ally McCoist has admitted that he has no idea how he can stop being Rangers manager.

An emotional McCoist handed in his notice only to be informed by grinning colleagues that he’d received a pay rise and a better parking space.

He said: “It was always going to be a very tough decision to quit the club I love, but I presumed it would be tough emotionally not logistically.

“I’ve tried being Rangers manager and I’ve tried not being Rangers manager and the two things are essentially the same.

“Even death will be no escape, they will find a way to trap my spirit in a jar.”

It'll be interesting to see whether he is still manager by the time the AGM comes. Could this be the reason he is still holding on? I'd have thought he'd be desperate to be gone by then, unless he has something specific to say. I'm sure the board will be desperate to get rid of him by then.

Form for what shit?

He is on a higher wage as the was part of his contract. All I am saying is that if winning promotion is part of his contract , which I firmly believe it is, then he will go in may if we are not up. Simple. He is getting the higher salary as far as I can see due to the fact Martin bain had it written into his contract. So you see the money he never took for four months during administration process , he is now getting back pro rata.

Struth forced out a Rangers board in his time as manager, is his reputation tarnished because of that?

:lol:

Aye cause Struth and McCoist have similair traits...

One was a dignified man who lead this club with pride and success.

McCoist on the other hand is a greedy leech digging his claws in using the support as pawns to get one over the board.

Dunno about that. What will change between now and then ?

Hee haw.

Even if we got less than 10k at the weekend he'd just pretend it's down to the board and he is in the right.

I think he's living on another planet if he doesn't know the majority of bears can't wait to see the back of him.

McCoist on the other hand is a greedy leech digging his claws in using the support as pawns to get one over the board.

Just saying. Struth ousted a board that wanted him to resign as manager, by grabbing shares behind their backs. Caused some amount of chaos, but no one cares.

This needs to happen - we cant have two transfer windows go by with a lame duck in charge. We have a lot of guys coming out of contract that need to be replaced and others that need to be moved on - we cant put that responsibility on a useless manager who no longer wants to be there.

There are far more things to consider than just McCoist getting his money.

(tu) Nail on Head!

Wish you would refrain from using AMs name in the same conversation about managers involving a true Rangers man in Mr Struth. We haven't got much of our pride left that Mr Struth fought so hard and long for so please keep Mr Struth out of AMs downfall.

Needs to be gone ASAP or we are well ant truly screwed both in football and financial terms.

Football if he doesn't leave soon then the chances of the unthinkable actually happening with Rangers failing to win promotion becomes more of a reality. A new manager needs time to impact on the current football on offer and to get the squad motivated. Unless this is done soon we face another season in the championship. We have little chance of catching Hearts and the play-offs are like 'cup ties' and we all know McCostalot's record in cup competitions, abysmal. Would you put money on us qualifying via the playoffs with the current management team??

Finance - If McCostalot is in situ after year end then there will be a negative impact on already falling attendances coupled with a dramatic fall in already poor season ticket sales. Average home gates will fall to around 7K - 9K and ST sales will be lucky to reach 18K for next season. We speak glibly about attracting investors but how could we seriously expect investment when crowds are dwindling and ST sales, especially if we fail to get promoted will collapse.

So the question is not can we afford to get rid of McCostalot, question is "can we afford NOT to get rid of him, PDQ?"

(tu) In a Nutshell!

Wish you would refrain from using AMs name in the same conversation about managers involving a true Rangers man in Mr Struth. We haven't got much of our pride left that Mr Struth fought so hard and long for so please keep Mr Struth out of AMs downfall.

I'm not comparing. Just saying people seem to ignore certain aspects of history when it suits.

(tu) William Struth gave his all for Rangers. Ally McCoist gives his all for Ally McCoist.

McCoist should never be mentioned in the same breath as true Rangers Managerial Legends.

(tu) William Struth gave his all for Rangers. Ally McCoist gives his all for Ally McCoist.

McCoist should never be mentioned in the same breath as true Rangers Managerial Legends.

(tu)

I wonder if Struth was taking million out the club with his actions or not winning a single cup in 4 years...

Some will go to laughable depths to try and defend their idol though.

Meh, fuck them.

(tu)

I wonder if Struth was taking million out the club with his actions or not winning a single cup in 4 years...

Some will go to laughable depths to try and defend their idol though.

Meh, fuck them.

He went 7 years without winning his first cup. You'll no doubt ignore that point too.

I'm not defending McCoist.

I was not going to dignify your comment about Mr Struth not winning a cup in 7 years but heres some facts that you like so much. FACT Mr Struth is the most successful manager in Scottish Football history.FACT he won 18 count them 18 league titles His first in his first year in charge,FACT he won 10 Scottish Cups, FACT he won 2 league cups and was the first manager to win a treble in Scotland. How fucking dare you come on here and say such a thing as he went 7 years without winning his first cup. Keep Mr Struth out of your fucking love affair with all things McCoist.