Time to go back to 4-5-1...

JRodgA2k8

Just play players where they belong and with tactics that suit the strengths we have.

If its one up top then its either Miller or Daly.

If its five in the MF then it has to be Temps, Black, Law, Macloed, Aird.

The back four is probably the easiest to select with what we have available, Foster, Darren "joachim bjorklund" Mcgregor, Jig, Wallace.

Goalie: A concrete pillar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getstiffed, players where they belong? In that case get Jig to fuck away from the team. Jig never has been, never will be a CB. Foster- nope faure or sinnamon.

Can't argue with that tbh. I wouldn't pick Faure for RB because he's not a RB. Haven't seen much of Sinnamon to even comment on his suitability.

Not long ago the manager was getting dogs abuse for playing 4-5-1

that was up against farmers and plumbers, now we are playing teams that retain their shape for more than 17 seconds we ned to match them up

when hibs cuffed us at ibrox, gary mccallister pointed out after 8 minutes that hibs had a spare man in the middle of the park because they were playing a 352, our wingers had countless space but we continually played through the middle resulting in a massive turnover of the ball which led to hibs running us ragged

we played the 4-4-2 till the final whistle

It's been evident in the big league games this season that we are seriously overrun in midfield. Yesterday we were crying out for an extra player in the middle to get a hold of the game. It says it all about our coaching staff that they only ever change personnel and never the shape or tactics. We need to change our system to either a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-5-1. We need to start dominating possession in matches and in order for us to do that we need to give our midfield some help.

In terms of personnel I think we need to seriously shake things up. With everyone fit and nobody out on loan this is what I would try -

Bell

Sinnamon McGregor Zaliukas Wallace

Hutton

McKay Law Macleod Templeton

Clark

that was up against farmers and plumbers, now we are playing teams that retain their shape for more than 17 seconds we ned to match them up

when hibs cuffed us at ibrox, gary mccallister pointed out after 8 minutes that hibs had a spare man in the middle of the park because they were playing a 352, our wingers had countless space but we continually played through the middle resulting in a massive turnover of the ball which led to hibs running us ragged

we played the 4-4-2 till the final whistle

Against Dumbarton 4-4-2 or 4-5-1?

Against Dumbarton 4-4-2 or 4-5-1?

This annoys me. Just because you have two strikers on the pitch does not mean you'll score more goals.

It comes down to how teams play against you and line up against you.

When Dumbarton come to Ibrox they'll sit, pack the midfield and wait to counter attack. What is the point in isolating another player up front, while you could widen our attack and in tandem add another player to sit and stop the counter.

We've played 4-4-2 against every team in the League, how's that done for us?

I honestly think our players would suit a 4-2-3-1 more than a 4-4-2. Like I said before it's hardly like we have a striker partnership which is on fire that we can't break up.

P.S This post isn't aimed at you, just at posters who seem to think having more strikers on the pitch means more goals.

Again 4-2-3-1 would give us more flexability and movement. If you have a front four of Templeton, McLeod, Law and Clark with Black and Hutton giving them defensive cover surely we would start to see some movement and pace about our attacks?

try a 4231

simonsen

foster, jig, mcgregor, wallace

peralta, hutton

aird, shiels, templeton

clark

macleod when fit plays instead of shiels, drop jig for gasparotto when his loan is up

tgis could work, id obviously play temps at RB tho.

kidding aside, id put daly or miller up top on their own, and try clark in airds place. I know its playing him OOP but I think he could handle it.

Can't believe the number of people still putting Jig in the team.

It's nor due to us wanting him there, i can assure you that! But he is club captain and now part of the backroom staff. It would take someone with big balls to tell Jig enough is enough. Kenny had the chance to show us all his take on this Rangers team and he picked the same shite almost to a tee. One can only hope that the Hibs result will sent a rocket up his arse.