Too early to put forward signing targets?

pcbear

Aye its a bit early for signing targets.Let's see how much dosh we get put in. I remember Dave saying something about 50 mill or 30mill.

Or was it 16 mill,I'm no sure.

-------------------------------

5 million in the summer plus additional investment over three years amounting to 50 million was through a share issue though so the Fans Money.

Can't see any players coming in now , thought we might get some on loan from Newcastle but that won't happen now. We need a director of football then manager the director of youth before we get any players . Would rather get some of the wage bill - Moshni , Foster , Black etc

If there is any money available and that at this point is still a big if then they have to concentrate in getting a new management team in place who might,just might be able to do something with the shit AM,KMD,ID etc have left us with. The first priority is to get a team winning and if possible winning with a bit of watchable football.We then have to have a look at our long term footballing future which would mean a whole overhaul of the youth system, scouting,coaching the full package.We have to start building a club with a long term view of football and business and not as we have been doing for years quick fix throw a few quid at it and buy our way to everything.This short term approach is what has got us into this whole world of shit in the first place.

I dont read the papers unless somebody highlights something of interest on here so forgive me if am not up to speed. We are probably looking at a 3 year plan to get scouting and the somewhat over hyped coaching staff put in place. Thats what the new manager should be given to get us in decent shape for the return to the top division. I would except this if we could see improvement in our play and youth given more of a chance. Of course I want to get up as soon as possible but devoloping the team should be the main priority. Hearts did not plan to blood there youth they were forced into it and through more luck than judgement it has put them in poll position. In defence of Ally I dont think our youth are good enough and he new this. Hearts have struck it lucky in many ways they seem to have an abundance of decent young players and we dont. I like Barrie mcKay he's a bit too upright when he runs and does not have any dig(lewis did) but I would persevere with him. The other lad with Raith Rovers has shown very little in any game I've seen but on here you would think he was the missing link to all our problems. Nah our youth are not very good.Scouts to find better youth and cheap gems abroad thats the priority or forget abroad unless they are really really really convinced he is a player.

The MacLeod money won't be going anywhere near the playing squad. Probably just to make sure we can pay the bills over the next month.

We need serious investment before spending on players, even for a bosman the current wages would have to be trimmed substantially.

We won't be signing anyone until the summer.

Regardless of having no money we're in a bad position anyway because we won't know what league we're going to be in until the end of the season.

This is 1 of the main reasons we need to get a manager in soon. Give him time to see what he can work with, and to make plans for both staying in this division and being promoted.

Going into the summer with no manager and half a team leaving would be stupid.