Sky Sports Breaking News - Sarver Won't Make Another Offer.

Gaz52

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Douglas Park or Dougie as his SoS friends call him was part of the pre-admin board - another one who was scared to pony up and save the club.

If as you predict King gets rid of the board do you think he and his 'concert party' will step in with finances for the club or drive us into admin??

They probably don't have the finances. Or they will most likely be unwilling to invest large sums.

I hope I'm wrong, though. This shit has went on for too long.

Just had to see what happens next. I would suspect the 3 bears will put in a loan of 5-6 mil pay off Ashley's loan and in the process get 2 people on the board. Then I would think King will then call an EGM and the existing board except the 3 bears representatives will be voted off. The new board will do a share issue to increase the capital but I can't see it being in the region of what Sarver was offering

We're totally fucked until one of the major shareholders sells up.

All the offers so far need a share issue to invest the money and without 75% approval it's not going to happen.

We now have two factions with a voting percentage above the 25% needed to block the other.

We're going round in circles until someone capitulates.

Just had to see what happens next. I would suspect the 3 bears will put in a loan of 5-6 mil pay off Ashley's loan and in the process get 2 people on the board. Then I would think King will then call an EGM and the existing board except the 3 bears representatives will be voted off. The new board will do a share issue to increase the capital but I can't see it being in the region of what Sarver was offering

New board cannot do share issue without 75% backing of shareholders.

Up steps Ashley/ Easdale 35% vote against and once again we go round and round in circles

Sarver needs/needed 75% of the vote to secure a majority share - being that king holds 15% & the 3 Bears 19%, which leaves 66%, how is it possible to secure 75% of the vote.

Even a bigotted tim can work that one out.

Instead of plugging for a majority share immediately, I half expected him to secure what was available - 15 or 20%, and then increase as shares were made available, and when he gets to 29.9%, he is automically obliged, by the LSE to bid for a majority. By that time his value would have been proven to all.

Sarver needs/needed 75% of the vote to secure a majority share - being that king holds 15% & the 3 Bears 19%, which leaves 66%, how is it possible to secure 75% of the vote.

Instead of plugging for a majority share immediately, I half expected him to secure what was available - 15 or 20%, and then increase as shares were made available, and when he gets to 29.9%, he is automically obliged, by the LSE to bid for a majority. By that time his value would have been proven to all.

Can they not work together? 34% king and co, the rest Sarver and fans?

He cant unless he buys shares off an existing shareholder

Can they not work together? 34% king and co, the rest Sarver and fans?

Nah. It's not the way guys like Sarver work. He wants full control to run the club. Setting aside whethr you think he's a good thing or a bad thing he won't be interested in getting involved in a board room civil war especially as it's so easy to paint him as the villain (a campaign already well underway in certain quarters). Can you blame him? He's willing to pony up £22m, not for the good of his health or Rangers but to at least protect his capital investment, if not to make a profit. Would you let a disparate collection of small minded spoilers control your investment of £20m.

Looks like were stuck with the manoeuverings of the Rangers men for a while yet, then a share issue to fans for funding.

not saying it is or isnt King and Parkco doing the blocking but does Easdale not hold enough power to block it on his own, if not on his own certainly with Ashley on side they have more than enough power to block this aswell.

nobody knows who has blocked it, could be either side but folk are quick to blame the other camp from who they want in charge.

until we know for sure, if we ever find out, all the bitching and arguing is pathetic.

I see the usual suspects are assuming which major shareholders said no to the offer. Nobody knows, just people speculating and passing it off as fact to suit their agenda.

The board should have told him what would be an acceptable offer. They clearly haven't. Wonder why.

I see the usual suspects are assuming which major shareholders said no to the offer. Nobody knows, just people speculating and passing it off as fact to suit their agenda.The board should have told him what would be an acceptable offer. They clearly haven't. Wonder why.

100 quid a share would be rejected by the rangers men. Why else would they buy shares all of a sudden.