Simonsen Betting Breach

Coplandbear11

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After Black, didn't McCoist tell us that they stressed this type of thing wasn't to happen. He was aware of the rules and now he brings us more bad publicity.

How do you pass the time though after the training, can't be easy getting through the day with all that time on your hands.........

After Black, didn't McCoist tell us that they stressed this type of thing wasn't to happen. He was aware of the rules and now he brings us more bad publicity.

I was thinking this

I can see rangers getting some sort of fine for this one, not controlling our players after being warned or some pish like that

Totally agree BUT

I don't see whats wrong with betting as long as it doesn't involve your team

The betting is not the issue. The issue is he's a Rangers player.

Now we could appeal referencing Rangers standards and question if he is actually a 'Rangers player', but I'm not confident of our chances.

If found guilty this will be just the reason for Llambias to save some money and get him of the books just as we should have done with Black, especially with Robinson picking up a wage for scratching his arse on the bench every week and Bell hopefully back soon. Although hardly surprising that the only player in the months since Black's case to be up on a charge is a Rangers player surely he cannot have any excuses as it was clearly stated at the time that players cannot bet on any match.

This is all beginning to suggest to me the players maybe have too much time on their hands and no real focus or respect for either the club's or their own professional ambitions.

Drinking, gambling and karaoke appear to be the main choices of entertainment of most Rangers footballers in 2015, that to me says it all. And no doubt our management and coaching staff, and I strongly suspect quite a few of our senior players, were more than happy to encourage them and join in,and possibly set the standard.

Unfortunately these were just continuations of traditions which should have been booted out of Rangers and Scottish football decades ago.

Ridiculous ruling I know people in the lower divisions who are never out the bookies but they'll never be charged.

Maybe never out the bookies, but are they always betting on football?

I know of plenty that stick bundles on the ponies.