The Support...will They Return?

Chineseboy

They will! They did before when Greig was manager and I've heard that the crowds were more or less as low as they are now.

We're not the most successful club in the world for nothing! As others have said if the supporters who have stayed away don't return there will be others to take their place

:uk:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they will. If King gets control after EGM look for a full house next home game

I was thinking the same thing. I think a change in the board together with the new players will really galvanise us. Important to remember that we became Scotland's biggest team because of our support. We have an important part to play in our return to the big time!

Sitting in the Copland for years 1988 with my family most of the people all round about me had sat in the same seats for years my kids and their kids all becoming friends over the years attending each other party's , sounds a bit mushy but was a good wee community spirit everyone knew everyone , but sad to say its took the last 3 years of shambles to all but destroy that , with most gone :( for me I hope this EGM is the start of some normality and we all get back to supporting the team , but I do feel sadly some fans will be gone for good

I admit to being worried. I think there will always be some glory hunters that won't come back. A few will be gone forever, and some will come back when we've got a good team again. But by and large, I think that people will return soon (if we sort our Boardroom out) and new little communities will form. Think positively, mate. Maybe in 5 years time you'll look back and think 'actually, my new wee community is better than my old one'.

Some will, some wont. People like my father are glory hunters and stopped going to the games because he says "that's not the rangers he remembers". He's happy watching EPL now and doesn't bother with Scottish football. I'm kinda glad we've weeded these people out. Fuck them, we don't need them.

From gauging the reaction of my mates, yes most will. Out of a group of a dozen or so of us that travelled to games together when we were younger only three are still going regularly now.

Most that don't go anymore have had a chance of circumstances since being regulars though, moving for work or having weans etc, so it isn't strictly just about the football or the boards behaviour that stops people attending.

I also think the uptake in ST numbers will speak for itself once fans see a change of Board members and they can feel confident that their hard earned is being spent on the welfare of RFC rather than sports effin direct.

I just don't get how people with season tickets and people who can afford season tickets don't go it really annoys me because I don't get to alot of games maybe 8-10 a season but if someone offered me a ticket to ANY Rangers game whether it's a champions league game against Barcelona or Petrofac training cup game against Annan Athletic I would take it in a heartbeat it really pisses me off that I can't get to many games because there literally is no better feeling in the world than standing in Ibrox with 50 thousand bears singing simply the best when the players run through the tunnel it really is that moment when you think to yourself I fucking love this club

But when we get back to some kind of "normality"..will you then return?

Perhaps, we'll need to wait and see. I have 2 daughters and its been a struggle getting them to games. Life often gets in the way of football now, and Rangers can attract the kids along, then the parents are likely to find something else to do with them on a Saturday.

I admit to being worried. I think there will always be some glory hunters that won't come back. A few will be gone forever, and some will come back when we've got a good team again. But by and large, I think that people will return soon (if we sort our Boardroom out) and new little communities will form. Think positively, mate. Maybe in 5 years time you'll look back and think 'actually, my new wee community is better than my old one'.

cheers mate bit hard to be positive watching that dross:( but I will continue to drag myself and the kids along , and I do mean drag

In the 3rd Divison we frequently had some of the highest attendances in Europe. The reason people stopped going was the shite football on the pitch and the lack of effort and vison shown by the manager. The fans have been great throughout the last few years but sadly the club has let everyone down.

cheers mate bit hard to be positive watching that dross:( but I will continue to drag myself and the kids along , and I do mean drag

I don't have any kids (yet) but my niece and nephew will have the pleasure punishment in due course.

where did this strange attitude that you had to tick all the boxes come from? i know real gers men who dont go along with many of the must do mob, yes voters catholics football fans who only come for the game and dont give a toss for all this bullshit. and yes they still go even in these bad times.