Have We Ever Had A Worse Season?

DavieMacRFC

Although it seems this nightmare is never ending on and off the park this season I do believe our real objective of getting promoted will be achieved.

At the start I had hope that we would win the league and at least get to the SC final which I believe would have give us a Euro place if we had played the league winner.

I never wanted to accept scraping into the premiership with a play off as I thought we were above that but how wrong I was.

I do believe that our current situation will get us to the play offs very easily but we won't get throw them unless we have a new mgt team and coaching.

I believe the current board may pull something out the hat on this front to try save their places and win votes but if not I believe we will get changes shouId the board be replaced.

Its a shit season and another with no silverwear as I don't count the cups from the lower league wins but I will actually appreciate our promotion this season due to the hardship and turmoil we've had to endeavour since we started at the bottom. I'm not sure if I will celebrate it albeit I will be happy as I can be.

I actually think I'm getting a little conditioned due to our situation and although I want to win the premiership everytime of asking right now I would take mid table for one season rather than another in the championship. Sad but true.

The season we lost 66 of our own people leaving a game of football is the worst ever.pleaae forgive me if you mean it in a football sense, but the thought of my maw and auntie nancy no knowing if my da and uncle tommy were alive beggars belief compared to any time spent in the 2nd league of scottish football.

finances are one thing, shite performances in a rangers jersey are another, not knowing if yer wean or husband will ever come home from a football match is something that none of us can ever forget,.I would give another 20 years in the football abyss for the ibrox disaster to have never happened.get a grip you lot.

No Surrender

Rab

The season we lost 66 of our own people leaving a game of football is the worst ever.pleaae forgive me if you mean it in a football sense, but the thought of my maw and auntie nancy no knowing if my da and uncle tommy were alive beggars belief compared to any time spent in the 2nd league of scottish football.

finances are one thing, shite performances in a rangers jersey are another, not knowing if yer wean or husband will ever come home from a football match is something that none of us can ever forget,.I would give another 20 years in the football abyss for the ibrox disaster to have never happened.get a grip you lot.

No Surrender

Rab

Bit harsh Rab, OP was about football matters.

The tragedy was way more important than anything to do with general football, and wasn't about one particular season.

No Surrender

Rab

God Bless you Rab we feel your pain together mate.

Not in my lifetime, no.

McLeish's last season, 2005/06, was horrendous, but finishing behind Celtic and Hearts was supplemented by a good run in the Champions League.

This season, we have had fuck all. Literally fuck all. We should have waltzed through this division, but instead we languish in third with no hope of automatic promotion, having been eliminated from every cup competition we've entered. We've also sold our best player to Brentford. Our manager is on gardening leave and his replacement doesn't want to be there whilst the boardroom is descending into chaos and Ibrox is empty. Add to that, the Taigs skelped us two-nil and we didn't even register a shot on goal.

People seem to forget we were liquidated and demoted a few years back, we're lucky we're still playing football in Ibrox as the same club.

By and large the worst season we've ever had was that year.

We still had good moments like sacudding the beasts at Ibrox. We still finished second and as bad as things were I never thought we'd not be playing football again.

Can you recall any good moments this season?

We still had good moments like sacudding the beasts at Ibrox. We still finished second and as bad as things were I never thought we'd not be playing football again.

Can you recall any good moments this season?

Footballing wise this has been the worst aye but the club as a whole we've had darker days - but only just.

Of course not, but the last three years have been artificial, almost unreal, so do not bear fair comparison to previous years.

I believe that's that key point right there. It's both unreasonable and unfair to compare our current situation with those of previous eras. But as we returned from those other terrible periods we'll do the same (eventually) with this one too. And it'll be great.