Will The Worst Manager In Our History Be Back.

minstral

Technically, Ian Durrant is our worst ever manager with a 100% failure in his only game, a 3-2 defeat.

The statistics show that in games won Ally is our 2nd most successful manager with a 72% win record, beaten only by Willie Thornton who won both his games in charge in 1969.

Struth (67%), Wallace (65%) and Smith (65%) don't come close to Ally.

Which just goes to show statistics don't lie.......................... :pipe:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically, Ian Durrant is our worst ever manager with a 100% failure in his only game, a 3-2 defeat.

The statistics show that in games won Ally is our 2nd most successful manager with a 72% win record, beaten only by Willie Thornton who won both his games in charge in 1969.

Struth (67%), Wallace (65%) and Smith (65%) don't come close to Ally.

Which just goes to show statistics don't lie.......................... :pipe:

FFS.

You're right.

I took from his comments that King wanted the best an for the job and that can take time. He did expand to state that he needed a coach, rather than a manager and by saying that I felt he hinted that Ally will not be back as a manager.

As far as King wanting to speak with Ally and Kenny - absolute sensible option and if he did not I would be wary of him. Not to reinstate but to terminate at a mutual rate.

how can anybody in their right mind compare McCoist with previous managers, what other rangers manager had to pit their wits against plumbers, joiners, supermarket shelf stackers and the like? must have been really tough.! we could have done as well without a manager. McDowell & McCoist were a team , both equally to blame , Kenny said he was carrying on Ally's methods so it would be football suicide not to bring a change of coach, we just can't afford not to go up, step up the training and bring in some tactics and look and play like a team. after todays boost, don't go back to yesterday and all that grief.

how can anybody in their right mind compare McCoist with previous managers, what other rangers manager had to pit their wits against plumbers, joiners, supermarket shelf stackers and the like? must have been really tough.! we could have done as well without a manager. McDowell & McCoist were a team , both equally to blame , Kenny said he was carrying on Ally's methods so it would be football suicide not to bring a change of coach, we just can't afford not to go up, step up the training and bring in some tactics and look and play like a team. after todays boost, don't go back to yesterday and all that grief.

I am in agreement that Ally and Kenny are not right for Rangers and they cannot take us forward. However, I will not diss him for the opposition he faced compared to other managers wearing that tie and I shall tell you for why. I believe managing a team of professionals to beat a team of professionals is far easier than managing your players to play those tradesmen you mention. The shelf stacker from Asda would do everything to get one over a professional outfit and I mean EVERYTHING. We seen the treatment Templeton got in Div 3, for example.

Ally was a legend for us and tried his hand at management. He did fail, no doubt, but he was so unlucky in the timing of his tenure because had he taken over from Walters first tenure, he might have been a sensation.

Ally won't be back as Manager but i wouldn't grudge against him in as an ambassador role for the club as Sandy Jardine did.

I would agree but not sure he would accept. I reckon balls of steel are required from King and co, when they sit down with Ally, because he will be gagging to finish what he started - thinking he has been wronged.

I am in agreement that Ally and Kenny are not right for Rangers and they cannot take us forward. However, I will not diss him for the opposition he faced compared to other managers wearing that tie and I shall tell you for why. I believe managing a team of professionals to beat a team of professionals is far easier than managing your players to play those tradesmen you mention. The shelf stacker from Asda would do everything to get one over a professional outfit and I mean EVERYTHING. We seen the treatment Templeton got in Div 3, for example.

Ally was a legend for us and tried his hand at management. He did fail, no doubt, but he was so unlucky in the timing of his tenure because had he taken over from Walters first tenure, he might have been a sensation.

He was paid a lot of money, even at his cut rate, to get that kind of thing sorted.

No excuses.

He was paid a lot of money, even at his cut rate, to get that kind of thing sorted.

No excuses.

I know he was mate but he was in cloud cuckoo land, thinking he was a natural Rangers manager - what Walter told him he would be. I am not making excuses for him, nor do I want him back as the manager, but he did sign up to be the Rangers manager expecting to manage a top team in the top league.