Will The Worst Manager In Our History Be Back.

minstral

Ally won't be back as Manager but i wouldn't grudge against him in as an ambassador role for the club as Sandy Jardine did.

Would that be on a rolling contract basis?

In our present financial straits, I think paying out money for ambassadors is pretty far down the list of priorities.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The wage bill is not our problem for a change. 25% of turnover is tiny compared to other clubs. Celtics is around 50% as a comparison. Clubs in England operate over 60%.

To challenge we are going to have to offer better players more money and pay a better manager the going rate.

Our turnover is much lower than Celtic's and we have broadly the same overheads.

So. Got control of the Boardroom. What now about the manager? They've had months to think through what their solution will be. Plenty of time to have taken all the soundings. Plenty of time to have lined up a credible manager to step in.

So what's it to be?

Continue with McD. Big gamble. Confidence level in him commanding the team to win promotion via play offs - virtually nil. Lame duck manager in charge of a spineless and failing team = recipe for going nowhere this season other than sticking around in the Championship. Might not even make the play offs - could not rule out a progressive collapse in form as players turn their mind to the exit door at Ibrox and shuffling off to try to find another club that would take them after failing at Rangers.

New manager 'til the end of the season? An experienced hand to try to lift the failing players into some sort of winning team. Worth the effort as any way you look at it we are better off in the top league as at least we are there and that alone would be a great lift for next season. Then if successful get a long term manager for the start of next season. Who could do the interim job? Only one credible candidate for me - Walter S.

New manager for rest of season and beyond? Great but who and is it affordable with McCoist still taking around £60k per month for gazing at his garden gnomes.

Call McCoist back and invite him to finish what he started out to do and that is to win promotion this season. But this risks the wrath of a fair number of supporters and a continued boycott. And no guarantee or even a likelihood that the players respond and deliver. They haven't done so this season so what changes?

Well Mr King, no hiding place now. If no change or if McCoist returns then we all know that the probability is sticking around in this division for another season. IMO its as simple as that. No hiding place now for Mt King and no time left to adopt a wait and see approach. If no change by this time next week then we know that the new Board is prepared to write off this season and to cut the cloth accordingly for next season and beyond. Watching this space as the saying goes.

I know he was mate but he was in cloud cuckoo land, thinking he was a natural Rangers manager - what Walter told him he would be. I am not making excuses for him, nor do I want him back as the manager, but he did sign up to be the Rangers manager expecting to manage a top team in the top league.

Absolutely, regarding your last sentence, Steve.

My gripe would be that an exceptional salary should demand an exceptional performance, which is where it didn't quite come together!

A debate for another time would be: is it harder to make average players play above themselves & so compete against top teams, or to take players from a level above and make them shift their arses against the 'lesser lights'!

Absolutely, regarding your last sentence, Steve.

My gripe would be that an exceptional salary should demand an exceptional performance, which is where it didn't quite come together!

A debate for another time would be: is it harder to make average players play above themselves & so compete against top teams, or to take players from a level above and make them shift their arses against the 'lesser lights'!

The salary he received is the salary his mentor set for him. Blame Walter Smith!

I just thought that the way Murray spoke, that Ally could be back.

That's the way I saw it too, two quotes from Paul Murray.

"There has only been 13 managers in 140 years" we wont be rushed on it

"We will need to sit down with Ally and see what his plans are"

My first thoughts were, He's putting the lawnmower away and getting the tan brogues out,

mccostalot was given a unique opportunity to build a club in his own inage. Flippant, lazy, self serving, perhaps that is what he has done.

Three years, 21 million pounds and a golden opportunity wasted, well done.

Should only ever be back in Ibrox as a spectator.

Surely Kingco already have a replacement lined up. Shocking if they do not.

I think it would be good to have Ally back till the end of the season.

We are not going to get a new manager till then and Kenny is way out of his depth.

Ally is not the best of managers, but we were at least winning games under him, and at present he is getting paid for doing nothing.

Ha....king said;

we need a manager to coach....not ally

We need a manager to bring through youngsters........not ally

We need a manager to plan long term.....not ally

We need a manager to develop the club and not just spend money.....not ally

If that imposter is allowed back there will be no going back for me and thousands of others!

We are not going to get a new manager till then and Kenny is way out of his depth.

Ally is not the best of managers, but we were at least winning games under him, and at present he is getting paid for doing nothing.

The most sensible post on this subject. I concur 100%.

Aw diddums.

It looks like Ally's still in the frame as far as Paul Murray is concerned.

Interim Chairman Murray said: “I think you have to remember that there have only been 13 men in the history of the club that have held the position, so it’s a really important position.

“We see this as being us laying the foundation of a long term project here so getting the first team manager appointed is a critical, fundamental decision.

“We’re not going to rush in to that. Now that this is over today I’m sure people will approach us and people have been, but until today we didn’t have any mandate to speak to anyone.

“We will continue that process and we obviously have a couple of people who are on the management front at the moment who have expressed their views in terms of the future.

“We’ll have to sit down with Ally and Kenny and have that conversation but the choice of the new manager is one we want to take some time on and get right.”

It looks like Ally's still in the frame as far as Paul Murray is concerned.

He said "in some capacity" because of his standing at the club.

No way will he be our manager at the start of next season.

That would be financial suicide.

He said "in some capacity" because of his standing at the club.

No way will he be our manager at the start of next season.

That would be financial suicide.

Trying desperately to find a position for him is equally as wrong. People need to accept there is no place for him in our future, anywhere.