One Man Who Will Be Celebrating Tonight.

Clemdog

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A gentleman who defended our club in it's greatest time of need and epitomised everything a Ranger should be on and off the park.

Well said mate.

I've been wary of everyone involved with our great club over the past few years. That's ranged from owners, managers, directors, shareholders, fan groups and even some of our ex greats. However I can honestly say Sandy is the ONLY person who I have ever fully respected and trusted. He was the only one who had no hidden agenda. His agenda couldn't have been any more clearer or out in the open. His agenda was the Rangers. Pure and simple. No gimmicks. No bullshit. Just a burning desire and will to see us thrive.

I'm too young to have seen him play but my dad loved him. However the way in which he conducted himself, not only in our hour of need, but throughout his years was a credit to himself. He is Rangers IMO. Dignity, integrity, honourable, class, passionate, respectful. Just a few of his qualities that in my opinion are the values of what we are all about. A great man who is sadly missed by many.

Well said mate.

I've been wary of everyone involved with our great club over the past few years. That's ranged from owners, managers, directors, shareholders, fan groups and even some of our ex greats. However I can honestly say Sandy is the ONLY person who I have ever fully respected and trusted. He was the only one who had no hidden agenda. His agenda couldn't have been any more clearer or out in the open. His agenda was the Rangers. Pure and simple. No gimmicks. No bullshit. Just a burning desire and will to see us thrive and return to our rightful place.

I'm too young to have seen him play but my dad loved him. However the way in which he conducted himself, not only in our hour of need, but throughout his years was a credit to himself. He is Rangers IMO. Dignity, integrity, honourable, class, passionate, respectful. Just a few of his qualities that in my opinion are the values of what we are all about. A great man who is sadly missed by many.

Well said mate.

I've been wary of everyone involved with our great club over the past few years. That's ranged from owners, managers, directors, shareholders, fan groups and even some of our ex greats. However I can honestly say Sandy is the ONLY person who I have ever fully respected and trusted. He was the only one who had no hidden agenda. His agenda couldn't have been any more clearer or out in the open. His agenda was the Rangers. Pure and simple. No gimmicks. No bullshit. Just a burning desire and will to see us thrive.

Great post mate. I'm only a young pup at 23, but I have this affiliation to him like I watched his every game. I have the most upmost respect from him for the way he conducted himself during our darkest days. Sandy Jardine only cared about Rangers.

Great post mate. I'm only a young pup at 23, but I have this affiliation to him like I watched his every game. I have the most upmost respect from him for the way he conducted himself during our darkest days. Sandy Jardine only cared about Rangers.

Definitely mate. He had a warmth about him and when he spoke everyone stopped and listened. He was softly spoken but had such charisma, presence and a reassurance in what he said. The interview he did with Ally recently was beautiful, sad and hilarious all at the same time. Very touching piece.

You often don't appreciate those as much as you should until they sadly pass. However, again, like most things Sandy is the exception to the rule. The love and admiration for him was there for all to see when we were on our knees, but most importantly I think it's fantastic that, before he sadly passed, Sandy was able to see how much we all loved him, and when you see fans even younger than us appreciate him, it says so much about the man. He'd be too modest and humble to acknowledge it but he played a significant role these past few years and I and many others will never forget that.

Definitely mate. He had a warmth about him and when he spoke everyone stopped and listened. He was softly spoken but had such charisma, presence and a reassurance in what he said. The interview he did with Ally recently was beautiful, sad and hilarious all at the same time. Very touching piece.

You often don't appreciate those as much as you should until they sadly pass. However, again, like most things Sandy is the exception to the rule. The love and admiration for him was there for all to see when we were on our knees, but most importantly I think it's fantastic that, before he sadly passed, Sandy was able to see how much we all loved him, and when you see fans even younger than us appreciate him, it says so much about the man. He'd be too modest and humble to acknowledge it but he played a significant role these past few years and I and many others will never forget that.

Sandy gave me a wonderful wonderful night v Bayern.

What a Player.

Couldn't say any kinder words than that my friend. (tu)

I feel that in a way he's still with us,in a more spiritual sense,he brought a lot of us together to fight our corner and I pray that what has happened today will be part of his legacy,a true icon in the battle we've been through,a legend on the park and a gentleman off it,I raise my glass to Sandy tonight and hope that his nearest and dearest maybe find some solace that we have our great club back

Well done OP brilliant post on a day for once we can look forward - sandy jardine up there in our hearts

I like many want the team on the pitch now to be the subject as it should be

the boardroom is a vital part - but just in the background .

Hopefully sandy has a smile in royal blue heaven tonight ,