The Masters

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mickleson played well in Houston, and I think he will have a chance. I think it will be McIlroy though. If Tiger has the yips, which is what people are speculating about, then he won't do very well in Augusta, nor at St Andrews in the summer. I hope he gets driving consistently again, he'll need that especially at The Masters, and The Open Championship in St Andrews- there is no way he will be just be able to get round playing with the relative safety of iron shots, like he did at Royal Lytham a couple of years back. Big year for Tiger that will tell us exactly where his game is at. I also think Sergio Garcia has a fine outside chance this year.

Tiger will be lucky to make the cut. Sergio won't win it as he doesn't believe he's good enough.

Not convinced McIlroy is at the top of his game either but should be in the mix if he can grind out a score when not playing well.

Golf is such a highly competitive sport these days. Pretty much 90% of the field is capable of winning any event.

You see that with the amount of different winners we've had of the majors these last 10yrs or so.

Any other course and I'd agree with you but this place is a one-off.

DJ for me.

Think Tiger will put in solid performance.

Reports he's looked good in practice and no signs of the chipping yips.

His course knowledge will give him two or three shots a round on alot of the field.

All pre tournament bets now on! Finally.

Top Player 4 Folds (48 bets @ small odds)

Top Australian: Scott 13/10 & Senden 9/1 (to effectively beat Day & Ogilvy)

Top Asian: Jaidee 13/2, Lahiri 7/1 & Noh 7/1 (to effectively beat Matsuyama and Bae)

Top South African: Schwartzel 11/4 & Grace 7/2 (to effectively beat Oosthuizen & Els)

Top Continental European: Dubuisson 8/1, Luiten 14/1, Wiesberger 16/1 & Ilonen 25/1 (to beat Stenson, Garcia, Kaymer, Blixt, Bjorn, Jimenez, Langer & Olazabal)

Returns range from £580 - £4,500!

7 folds tournament match bet; Furyk to beat Poulter, Donaldson to beat Donald, Spieth to beat McIlroy, Dubuisson to beat Kaymer, Casey to beat Westwood, Lowry to beat Harrington, Holmes to beat Bradley

Few minor bets on long odds shots like Hoffman x2, Compton, Streb, Martin, Ilonen, Luiten, Crane, Wieseberger & Harman (left handed loyal!). Unlikely but at crazy odds, anything get happen, and anyone of them can get streaky. He said.

Will probably do serious outright winner bets in play but the above should give me some interest for now....