***** Official Dumbarton V Rangers Thread *****

Shuggy

really? did you miss the second half?

created loads of chancesm decent football and youngsters performing well

Like I said to STB, I just meant overall with the first half being fairly poor. As for the line-up I'll never mellow to McCulloch being played along with McGregor at RB. But I don't think we're that far off finding our best 11.

Could be that McCall is playing a very shrewd game as the season progresses. Giving a sprinkling of younger players their opportunity in games where there is still work to be done and lets them stake a claim for the must-win play off games. Gives those dropped something to think about too. Templeton seems to have disappeared completely though. He may revert back to a bit more experience in the must-win play offs but if these youngsters are to step up when the clearout happens in Summer then this sort of experience should be very useful for them. I think Vuckic is making a difference too. Not only with his goal contribution which is great - lets hope he can keep that up and maybe even improve - but it must be a big encouragement and confidence builder for the other youngsters to play alongside Vuckic.

Now if only McCall could organise a defence to stop conceding goals. The defence is still worrying as we approach play offs, No sign of material and consistent improvement as far as I can see,

Ooft. Harsh!

For this kind of match away from home with 3 youngsters on the pitch, I thought it was pretty good.

Lets remember what we said about being more understanding about things if the young guys started to get a game!!

It's nothing to do with being understanding because young guys are playing. Hardie took his goals well, and done fairly well overall. Murdoch showed again his consistency with a good game. Walsh had quite a poor game, the smaller pitch where he can't just use pace showed his inexperience in the position.

All in all the youngsters are doing fine. The overall team not so much.

Things have been that bad that now anything resembling football is being seen as decent/good.

It's nothing to do with being understanding because young guys are playing. Hardie took his goals well, and done fairly well overall. Murdoch showed again his consistency with a good game. Walsh had quite a poor game, the smaller pitch where he can't just use pace showed his inexperience in the position.

All in all the youngsters are doing fine. The overall team not so much.

Things have been that bad that now anything resembling football is being seen as decent/good.

Of course it is. A team with youngsters deserves some leeway.

It was considered decent/good by most because it was.