The Booing Of Lee Mcculloch Today

Three yrs ago Mcculloch got plaudits for staying and not being a traitor now people boo him cause he plays crap. He stayed and played his part in the rise of Rangers again, however limited his part or ability was.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Three yrs ago Mcculloch got plaudits for staying and not being a traitor now people boo him cause he plays crap. He stayed and played his part in the rise of Rangers again, however limited his part or ability was.

I didn't give him plaudits when he stayed. I'd much rather we signed a central defender at a fraction of the cost than shell out a fortune for a midfielder that we play at centre back.

I didn't give him plaudits when he stayed. I'd much rather we signed a central defender at a fraction of the cost than shell out a fortune for a midfielder that we play at centre back.

So you would have not slaughtered him for being a traitor like all the others but thanked and praised him for pissing off and saving us a wage?

So you would have not slaughtered him for being a traitor like all the others but thanked and praised him for pissing off and saving us a wage?

I didn't call any of the traitors either. I wouldn't have thanked him for leaving i just wouldn't have cared.

The players that left where in the prime of their careers where as Mculloch was, not so much.

Anyone with half a brain knew McCulloch stayed because no club anywhere else would match his Rangers wages

He was a 34 year old failed striker, failed winger, failed midfielder ffs

So in your opinion is he worse than the traitors cause he stayed and took a hefty wage from the club?

I didn't call any of the traitors either. I wouldn't have thanked him for leaving i just wouldn't have cared.

The players that left where in the prime of their careers where as Mculloch was, not so much.

Fair enough, I've thought he's been a yard off the pace even in div3 and would gladly see him gone but he stayed, he's picked and plays and however mince a Rangers player is you don't boo your own.

Anyone with half a brain knew McCulloch stayed because no club anywhere else would match his Rangers wages

He was a 34 year old failed striker, failed winger, failed midfielder ffs

My issue with this often used point, the same was said about Alexander.

He joined an EPL team after us.

Just proves fans are quite often remarkably wrong with their assertions.

Fair enough, I've thought he's been a yard off the pace even in div3 and would gladly see him gone but he stayed, he's picked and plays and however mince a Rangers player is you don't boo your own.

No i would never boo a Rangers player. I don't even boo the teams off at half time or full time.

Like i was saying on here yesterday i get the anger towards him and the rest of these players though. For me he got the brunt of the fans anger towards how this season has gone. I think it's fair to say that a lot of our problems come from how much of a negative effect he has on the team.

My issue with this often used point, the same was said about Alexander.

He joined an EPL team after us.

Just proves fans are quite often remarkably wrong with their assertions.

Alexander was and still is a better player.

Anyone even remotely justifying what happened yesterday are following the wrong team. If you think its ok in any way then don't come back to Ibrox. I hope you realised from the reaction of many Rangers fans yesterday a line was crossed.

As I've said in another thread, yesterday was the worst thing I've seen or heard at a home match in 20 years of following Rangers.

It shouldn't happen to any Rangers' player but for it to happen to McCulloch was even more shameful.

Anyone even remotely justifying what happened yesterday are following the wrong team. If you think its ok in any way then don't come back to Ibrox. I hope you realised from the reaction of many Rangers fans yesterday a line was crossed.

As I've said in another thread, yesterday was the worst thing I've seen or heard at a home match in 20 years of following Rangers.

It shouldn't happen to any Rangers' player but for it to happen to McCulloch was even more shameful.

And you are a club spokesman are you??

How dare you tell people not to come back!

Just because you dont happen to agree with warranted criticism of our so-called "captain fuck-up"

Away and dry yer eyes..ffs

McCulloch should have been gradually phased out between the Third Division and now; that's McCoist'd fault. He's no longer good enough, in reality.

However, I wonder how much of it is actually McCulloch's fault. I certainly don't agree with him being boo'd.

He's earning a fortune and if the apparent clause that he must start if fit is true, then it's a major concern. However, on the other hand, he took a pay cut when we needed the money.

Should McCulloch refuse to play? Volunteer for another wage cut? No.

From what I've heard he's on MUCH less than everyone thinks. The clause isn't true. I (nor a mate who works as an agent) am not aware of any player on tje planet having such a clause in their contract and everytime I've seen one rumoured it's about a player who is not playing particularly well.

Been down this road before the last time he was booed I will say it again as a Rangers SUPPORTER you should never boo any of our players no matter how badly they are performing what does it achieve except give the arseholes in the mhedia headlines so in future if you feel like booing feck off over to the Glitter Dome or go and support your local team and leave the real SUPPORTERS to it.

WATP

And you are a club spokesman are you??

How dare you tell people not to come back!

Just because you dont happen to agree with warranted criticism of our so-called "captain fuck-up"

Away and dry yer eyes..ffs

I agree with our manager. It was "sickening". Most decent Rangers supporters would agree with that. And where have I disagreed with criticism of McCulloch? I think he's warranted criticism like most of the other players in the team. What happened at Ibrox yesterday wasn't criticism. It was something else entirely.

He may be past it and deserving of criticism but "Captain fuck-up" as you call him has contributed far more to us than you ever will. Like players and performances deserve criticism so do the fans that let us down yesterday.

I agree with our manager. It was "sickening". Most decent Rangers supporters would agree with that. And where have I disagreed with criticism of McCulloch? I think he's warranted criticism like most of the other players in the team. What happened at Ibrox yesterday wasn't criticism. It was something else entirely.

He may be past it and deserving of criticism but "Captain fuck-up" as you call him has contributed far more to us than you ever will. Like players and performances deserve criticism so do the fans that let us down yesterday.

I could also say the "rangers way" isnt to lead with your elbows in every aerial duel?

Remember hearts? This clown could have cost us big time in a game we were strolling. To compound this our manager then shoe-horns the hoarse back into the team?.

He always looks to blame someone else when he fucks up?

Brushed off the ball yesterday by a young buck?.Aye bravo jig.

We all sit here debating standards this n that...2 season books i have. Am i not entitled to criticise? According to this site,it would appear not?

Boycotts werent the "rangers way" either! Yet the fans who stuck around for the adventure have just to sit and worship the ground he walks on.Aye nae bother?

I never had the honour of playing professionally,he has been well rewarded for his input.I just dont think any fans should be rounded on for having an opinion of someone who is as mobile as the tree in my garden.

It's pretty harsh to single out any individual player by booing them and it doesn't help on the pitch, as McCulloch showed when his error nearly gifted Falkirk a third. However in the past 10 days alone, shocking individual errors by McCulloch have cost us 4 points and although its a rather naive view, we'd be guaranteed 2nd right now if they didn't happen. Didn't boo myself but could understand the frustration of those who did. I hope McCulloch is out the side indefinitely but I've given up on that happening.

It's so frustrating seeing us limp to 3rd. I reckon if you even halved McCulloch, Simonsen and Foster's mistakes, coupled with Boyd converting half of the sitters he missed, we'd be around 15-20 points better off. Probably still behind Hearts but very comfortably second.

I could also say the "rangers way" isnt to lead with your elbows in every aerial duel?

Remember hearts? This clown could have cost us big time in a game we were strolling. To compound this our manager then shoe-horns the hoarse back into the team?.

He always looks to blame someone else when he fucks up?

Brushed off the ball yesterday by a young buck?.Aye bravo jig.

We all sit here debating standards this n that...2 season books i have. Am i not entitled to criticise? According to this site,it would appear not?

Boycotts werent the "rangers way" either! Yet the fans who stuck around for the adventure have just to sit and worship the ground he walks on.Aye nae bother?

I never had the honour of playing professionally,he has been well rewarded for his input.I just dont think any fans should be rounded on for having an opinion of someone who is as mobile as the tree in my garden.

I'm pretty sure all the players who have played a big part in our succesful teams have been well rewarded. McCulloch seems to be the only one where you hear it being used as a way to bring his achievements down.

- McCulloch did not decide he would get a new contract a couple of years back. The manager and the board did.

- McCulloch did not decide how much money he would get. The board decided that.

- McCulloch does not pick himself to be played. That's the managers decision.

- McCulloch does not decide he plays centre half when it's clearly never been his natural or suited position. Again its the manager's call. In my opinion he showed more presence up front for us for in the last 10 minutes on Saturday than the rest of them managed the whole game. The only position I would have played McCulloch the last 2 years is striker.

We are absolutely entitled to criticise our players. The vast majority of this site have been very critical of McCulloch. Booing a player during a game is not criticism. There's nothing positive or constructive about it.