Should Brendan Rodgers Be Sacked?

Heard this being discussed on a couple of podcasts this week. A lot of people saying that he's improved them from where they were when he took over but questioning if he's maybe taken them as far as he can now.

Dumped out of a fairly easy champions league group with a whimper, failed in all domestic compositions, unlikely to finish in a champions league position now and spent over 100 million pounds on players last Summer who can either barely get in the team, or have just been awful.

Does he deserve another season or should they look at somebody like Klopp or maybe even a return for Rafa?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way he should be sacked, he brought progress last season and at some points this season they were unstoppable.

I would say his signings have been very poor but he's still a young manager who will learn from his mistakes, the loss of Suarez has hurt them more than anyone could have imagined.

I've always been a fan of Liverpool and I think he's the man to take them forward but he will need to spend his money more wisely this summer

I think he's a good coach and a good Manager and probably deserves another Season at Liverpool. But the signings they've made have been horrific, then again how much say does he have in signings?

If I remember right Liverpool have some sort of transfer committee to help decide signings?

If I remember right Livdrpool have some sort of transfer committee to help decide signings?

I'm sure that's true. There are players there that did have good seasons before they signed them. Markovic for example.

I just think they needed to look at Spurs as an example, and realise that they needed to spend that money on 2 or 3 players. Then bulk up their squad with youth or add to it with cheaper signings in January.

When I see him being interviewed he always comes across as someone who is pretty full of his own self importance, a man with an inflated ego. personally I thinks he's a pretty poor manager who has carried enough luck to avoid being seen for what he is. If I was in charge at Liverpool he's get fired, then again I would never have hired him to start with. Why would anybody in their right mind appoint a manager with a name like Brendan?

An extremely poor start to this season cost them big time.

Followed this with an excellent run after he adjusted the tactics before two bad results ended their hopes of a C/L place

He will get another season I think but he must find a centre forward who can both score and actually play a significant amount of games as well as getting rid of complete didies like Sakho

I've always felt Javier Hernandez would be a good fit for Liverpool.

They have Origi coming at the end of the season who I don't hold high hopes for to be honest.

They need to fill the gaping hole Suarez has left and they also need to strengthen their defence.