24 Years Ago Today....

Yeah. Probably my favourite single memory. I was only 12 but I can remember it clear as day. It was a superb occasion start to finish, and the Rangers fans showed what we're capable of that day. And the players were a credit to the club to a man as well.

The team resembled the war wounded at the final whistle. Hately played a blinder and that cross from Walters was fantastic. Happy days!!

I remember being almost euphoric at the end. That game will live long in the memory.

Aye! Ended up, after injuries before the game and Brown and Cowan getting injured during it with the team being...

Woods

Nisbet Stevens Spackman Hurlock

Walters Ferguson Johnstone Durrant

McCoist Hateley

That's some back line! :lol:

A lot of wounded that didn't make the game too.

There's not been many games I went into not feeling confident , but that was one of them.

The week before , we lost a last minute penalty to Motherwell ( going down 3 - 0 ) that meant a draw was no longer good enough for us , a change in manager not long previously , half a team out , a loss of form , while Aberdeen were on a great run.

Just made it all the sweeter !

In all my life with exception of 1992 Scottish cup Sf where we hadn't beat Beggars in cup since 1973,this without doubt was the most intense atmosphere I've ever witnessed following Rangers in all my years .

Aberdeen should have been out of sight before big Mark struck just before half time .

Another one of these days the beggars will never get .

May I add ,the footage may be good but it just doesn't capture what any bear felt and went through that day .

It was truly special and utterly amazing at end of game

I was in my twenties so it was party time later

A lot of wounded that didn't make the game too.

There's not been many games I went into not feeling confident , but that was one of them.

The week before , we lost a last minute penalty to Motherwell ( going down 3 - 0 ) that meant a draw was no longer good enough for us , a change in manager not long previously , half a team out , a loss of form , while Aberdeen were on a great run.

Just made it all the sweeter !

To think the Dons shipped Alex Smith over their failure to win the league that year. That set them back years in my opinion. He was harshly done by.

That's what I meant in the original post that the week leading up to the game was nerve shredding. No doubt Aberdeen were clear favourites.

The game was a classic 3pm Saturday kick off. None of this shifting it for telly caper.

I still remember Hately strutting around the pitch at full time with that scarf wrapped round his napper.

Fantastic day!!

Aye! Ended up, after injuries before the game and Brown and Cowan getting injured during it with the team being...

Woods

Nisbet Stevens Spackman Hurlock

Walters Ferguson Johnston Durrant

McCoist Hateley

That's some back line! :lol:

I think Bomber played carrying an injury until he physically couldn't continue.

And to think some strange folk on here have a freakish vendetta against him. He would have run through walls for that team.

To think the Dons shipped Alex Smith over their failure to win the league that year. That set them back years in my opinion. He was harshly done by.

That's what I meant in the original post that the week leading up to the game was nerve shredding. No doubt Aberdeen were clear favourites.

The game was a classic 3pm Saturday kick off. None of this shifting it for telly caper.

I still remember Hately strutting around the pitch at full time with that scarf wrapped round his napper.

Fantastic day!!

My Mrs went into labour with our first child on the night before the game and eventually gave birth 2 hours before kickoff. I just had time to stop off of at Govan bowling club for a quick half before heading up to Ibrox to see the Rangers win the league. Wonderful memories.

My Mrs went into labour with our first child on the night before the game and eventually gave birth 2 hours before kickoff. I just had time to stop off of at Govan bowling club for a quick half before heading up to Ibrox to see the Rangers win the league. Wonderful memories.

My daughter was born the day before. I had one god awful hangover that day. Amazingly cleared up by that result.

I say this all the time to the boys, and I'll say it on here now.

See when you think about it, how shite would your life be without Rangers?

Other than family moments, i.e. becoming a dad etc, Rangers easily take up the top 20 moments of my life, EASILY. My life would be quite shite without them.

I say this all the time to the boys, and I'll say it on here now.

See when you think about it, how shite would your life be without Rangers?

Other than family moments, i.e. becoming a dad etc, Rangers easily take up the top 20 moments of my life, EASILY. My life would be quite shite without them.

Well put mate, folk always say things like "why do you care so much?" or "Why do you get so pissed off?" (about Rangers) I say "would you be pissed off if someone insulted your family? Because i feel the same when someone insults Rangers", and when Rangers win its like Ive won along with all my Bears beside me

Some of the happiest times in my whole life have been standing with my Dad inside Ibrox, me and my Dad are like mates and our relationship would be nothing like it is now if not for Rangers.

Like you, sometimes ill just think "I fucking love this Club"

We do not Choose, We are Chosen, those who don't Understand don't Matter, Those who Understand need no Explanation

Well put mate, folk always say things like "why do you care so much?" or "Why do you get so pissed off?" (about Rangers) I say "would you be pissed off if someone insulted your family? Because i feel the same when someone insults Rangers", and when Rangers win its like Ive won along with all my Bears beside me

Some of the happiest times in my whole life have been standing with my Dad inside Ibrox, me and my Dad are like mates and our relationship would be nothing like it is now if not for Rangers.

Like you, sometimes ill just think "I fucking love this Club"

We do not Choose, We are Chosen, those who don't Understand don't Matter, Those who Understand need no Explanation

(tu)

Fucksake, I remember that like it was yesterday and I just realised I was only 13 at the time.

Unfortunately couldn't get a ticket so was glued to Super Scoreboard and recorded it on cassette, used to listen to it every couple of days :lol:

I was at the game at Fir Park the week before it and we got tanked 3-0, gutting, the sheep came down for a title party but Hateley set the tone the first few mnutes by clattering Michael Watt, and that was that!