Why Is The Final A Two Legged Game?

Dutchy

It seems totally nonsensical to me for the final of the play-offs to be a two legged game. Surely, it's a final and it only commands one game.

Then again, the SPFL and money collecting from the fans are no strangers. Greedy bastards in fact!

It seems totally nonsensical to me for the final of the play-offs to be a two legged game. Surely, it's a final and it only commands one game.

Then again, the SPFL and money collecting from the fans are no strangers. Greedy bastards in fact!

Answered your own question mate.

When you don't have a bumper TV deal like EPL you have to find a way to milk as much money as possible out of the game, that's the only reason. If the 50% rule wasn't in effect it would be a one off game at a neutral venue.

Fair enough, I see the point of where would it be played. Still, it does seem to go against the grain of fairness as far as finals go.

I think the last time I remember a two-legged final for an important game was during the days of the 'Fairs Cup'.

Stupid and horrible way to treat the fans of Scottish football. It seems dungcatcher will do anything to feck up the game up here. Although he doesn't need to work too hard to do so.

2-legged tie's suit us. Lesser teams pull off 90-minute cup upsets all the time. 2-legged ties make it harder for the underdog, the best team should win. If we can't beat Hibs over 2 matches then Motherwell over 2 matches we don't deserve it.

The whole play off thing is designed to keep the premier league club in the premier league.

This... And if we were in the top flight our club would be voting for self-preservation too, as we have done in the past.

So please ditch the rampant paranoia as some of us are starting to sound like the mentally deranged lowlife that stalks the Gallowgate.