***the Official Fifa 16 Thread***

aird

Really happy they've addressed career mode, looks like they're actually doing something for this FIFA. I really wish though they hired more commentators or atleast another one or two alternate co-commentators as I get bored as fuck listening to Alan Smith.

If you can speak (or want to teach yourself football lingo in another language then change it)

Gattuso has been confirmed as a new legend

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say it every year with blind optimism but I'm desperate for them to fix the influence of pace, especially in UT. It's unplayable that game mode for me as every cunt just knocks long balls to quick wingers/strikers until they get lucky, also some players just refuse to be caught and even if you have defenders like Kompany they can skip right past them.

You find yourself not even playing a proper football match as everyone sets up to do this. The other day I played it for the first time in months and some cunt had Suarez bullying Matic off the ball, so much of its gameplay is a joke.

They said something in the IGN demo yesterday that they made it so players like Bale, Ronaldo etc can't hurt you like they did before.

If that's true or not is another matter.

For years FIFA has been about pace, if you have a speedy front line then 9/10 you will win. It's all about balance and it's something FIFA have always been a bit shit at.

All the animations, Broadcasting style to suit the league and Womans football doesn't improve gameplay and ultimately that's what everyone wants improved.

FIFA still feels like the one played on the PS3, I know they said they implemented the 'Ignite' engine 2 years ago for next gen but I honestly can't see any notable difference in terms of how the game plays.

They have enough dough and resources to really improve the game but every year it's just a slightly polished version of the year before.

They said something in the IGN demo yesterday that they made it so players like Bale, Ronaldo etc can't hurt you like they did before.

If that's true or not is another matter.

For years FIFA has been about pace, if you have a speedy front line then 9/10 you will win. It's all about balance and it's something FIFA have always been a bit shit at.

All the animations, Broadcasting style to suit the league and Womans football doesn't improve gameplay and ultimately that's what everyone wants improved.

FIFA still feels like the one played on the PS3, I know they said they implemented the 'Ignite' engine 2 years ago for next gen but I honestly can't see any notable difference in terms of how the game plays.

They have enough dough and resources to really improve the game but every year it's just a slightly polished version of the year before.

Can't agree with that one. My brother still has FIFA 15 on the 360 and the difference is night and day

Can't agree with that one. My brother still has FIFA 15 on the 360 and the difference is night and day

Not for me.

The game is badly stale and to me still feels like PS3 FIFA.

Played FIFA 15 demo on PS3 and tbh other than the grass and maybe the dribbling it felt the exact same.

FIFA is a poor simulation IMO.

Not for me.

The game is badly stale and to me still feels like PS3 FIFA.

Played FIFA 15 demo on PS3 and tbh other than the grass and maybe the dribbling it felt the exact same.

FIFA is a poor simulation IMO.

It's not supposed to be a simulator.. You can't create a truly realistic game of football when halves are only 6 minutes long... it would be dull as fuck. Whilst EA could be doing more to improve ball and player physics and general AI.. the limitations of short games and only being able to control a single player will always hamper progression. The fast gameplay to ensure plenty of end to end action goes hand in hand with pace, however it's not the be all and end all.. Totti was one of my favourite players to use in FIFA 15 and if he was any slower he'd be going backwards.

As for the PS4 vs PS3 argument.. The PS4 version is much smoother and far more responsive.

Personally I won't bother watching FIFA 16 gameplay videos because you need to play it to feel the changes.. it'll wait until the PC demo is out before casting judgement.

What kind of overalls do you lot think we'll get in the next FIFA? We should have a lot more silvers this year but we always seem to get downgraded though. Crazy how Boyd was 71 with MacLeod at 57 when 15 came out.

Fair overalls IMO would be roughly: Foderingham (65), Bell (62), Tavernier (68), Kiernan (66), Wilson (65), Wallace (67), Halliday (65), Law (64), Holt (64), McKay (63), Waghorn (68), Temps (64), Walsh (61), Shiels (60), McGregor (63), Hardie (58), Clark (60), Miller (62) etc.

Been playing the beta version in my pals.

Shooting is pretty solid, volleys ars better, gameplay a little faster.

Draft tourny is nifty.

I was playing it on a top of the range tv and it was a little hard viewing, you will see what I mean when you play it.

All in all I would give it about a 7/10.

I played a bit of it a few days ago with my brother.

FIFA 15.5

Pretty annoyed how they fail to make meaningful changes every year these days. That collision system is a complete joke.

Did you find it tough on the eyes? I had consumed 2 bottles of wine right enough so that could be why lol.

15.5 is spot on.

What kind of overalls do you lot think we'll get in the next FIFA? We should have a lot more silvers this year but we always seem to get downgraded though. Crazy how Boyd was 71 with MacLeod at 57 when 15 came out.

Fair overalls IMO would be roughly: Foderingham (65), Bell (62), Tavernier (68), Kiernan (66), Wilson (65), Wallace (67), Halliday (65), Law (64), Holt (64), McKay (63), Waghorn (68), Temps (64), Walsh (61), Shiels (60), McGregor (63), Hardie (58), Clark (60), Miller (62) etc.

The ratings will go down i think possibly quite heavily in some cases