Mark Warburton, Next Manager Odds

UnionMen

Warburton and Weir did a better job with a smaller team with an assumed smaller budget in a better league than the one we're going to be in. It's a no-brainer.

I think they spent about 3 million on fees last summer but all i could find was their wage bill was 'one of the lowest in the division' although I only looked for a minute.

I'm not the best person to ask as i strongly backed McCall and i feel he didn't do so well to be honest.

It dosen't matter mate we're not on the board so where just bullshitting here. I backed McCall as well and was happy for him to get the job until yesterday when my attitude changed. Not really just becuase of the result but more of a desire to see freshness brought into the football side.

If you had to pick a name from the people you have heard who would you prefer.

Warburton & Weir 'resigned' citing a move to a more mathematical scouting system (using stuff like prozone to highlight key statistics throughout games) and signing the top performers instead of the player who might catch a human scouts eye

I don't see a problem with using raw data. It might make even more sense at a club like ours where no scouting system exists. At the very least, it could alert scouts to someones potential. Some very big sporting institutons use this approach.

I don't see a problem with using raw data. It might make even more sense at a club like ours where no scouting system exists. At the very least, it could alert scouts to someones potential. Some very big sporting institutons use this approach.

Well it looks like Warburton isn't a fan.

It dosen't matter mate we're not on the board so where just bullshitting here. I backed McCall as well and was happy for him to get the job until yesterday when my attitude changed. Not really just becuase of the result but more of a desire to see freshness brought into the football side.

If you had to pick a name from the people you have heard who would you prefer.

It changes with me my top choice would be Advocaat but my worry is he needs money, but his football style is excellent as is his strict approach to management. but sadly he's retired.

I liked the idea of Tony Pullis with his work ethic and ability to build strong positive teams. he got a job though.

I also like the idea of Billy Davies as he knows the score at Rangers as he was at one time our reserve team captain, he has a good work ethic but seems to fall out with everyone he works for his football style is not really my cup of tea though.

I think we need a name to sell tickets and get our support excited, i cant see that being Warburton & Weir.

It changes with me my top choice would be Advocaat but my worry is he needs money, but his football style is excellent as is his strict approach to management. but sadly he's retired.

I liked the idea of Tony Pullis with his work ethic and ability to build strong positive teams. he got a job though.

I also like the idea of Billy Davies as he knows the score at Rangers as he was at one time our reserve team captain, he has a good work ethic but seems to fall out with everyone he works for his football style is not really my cup of tea though.

I think we need a name to sell tickets and get our support excited, i cant see that being Warburton & Weir.

One of the papers said we were in talks with someone to takeover had we been promoted. I can't help think that that was probably Warburton. One or two seem to be going with McInnes now but I'm not sure he'd leave Aberdeen for us at the minute.

He's been fantastic everywhere he's went.

He's done well in Scotland but flopped when he had a challenge. I don't think fans of one of the teams he's managed think he done fantastic. They were starting to organise protests to get him sacked it was that bad.

I want us to avoid any manager who's record is doing well in Scotland.

Why not?

18 months as manager of Brentford and then given the Spanish archer... Doesn't fill me with confidence to be honest... However if he is given the job and is a success I will happily hold my hands up and admit that I got it wrong. A club the size of Rangers is a huge undertaking for anyone and only certain people have the fortitude to carry it off... Managers like Smith mcleish le guen were consistently dug up for things like the style of play, the type of players brought in and even trying to change the culture of the club.

I don't care if the next management team is Rangers minded just as long as they are success minded, it's all that matters.

raw data doesn't provide the full picture and to base a signing policy upon it is a bit restrictive. stats can't predict future behaviour. (i'm aware nothing can)

Probably find that the chairman is just using football manager as his crystal ball!

The "respect" quote from Warburton looks like a polite "no thanks" to me. Not that I'm convinced he has enough of a managerial background anyway. Although my fear is we end up with someone like Billy Davies now, the failure to get promoted must have some impact on our options.

Any idea who the DOF will be? Who will sign players etc?

If it's a certainty that we're bringing in Warburton & Weir, there's probably not going to be a DoF, or it'd be Warburton himself, with Weir as Headcoach.

One of the reasons he left Brentford was because he didn't want to serve under a DoF.