Mark Warburton, Next Manager Odds

UnionMen

It wasn't till Redsox pointed it out did I realise his record as a manager. I think we should widen the net. If the guy is good enough then okay, but 2 years isn't a long time to make a judgement on him.

He was at Brentford not Bayern Munich, his record will hardly be impeccable

I think the people questioning his lack of experience (although he has a relatively decent amount in coaching/football roles) aren't understanding the alternative.

We take a risk with a relatively inexperienced manager who has made a good start to his career, or we go for an 'experienced' manager with plenty of failures to go with his successes.

I think the people questioning his lack of experience (although he has a relatively decent amount in coaching/football roles) aren't understanding the alternative.

We take a risk with a relatively inexperienced manager who has made a good start to his career, or we go for an 'experienced' manager with plenty of failures to go with his successes.

I agree; I just wondered about his record.

Half the team? Two players, I forgot about Toral. Of course we won't get that sort of player from the EPL, but why not take the positive that he scouted the EPL development squads and found these talents.

The other two loanees made 11 appearances which is hardly major.

So let's not blow things out of proportion and only pick the negatives of it.

Fucking John Hughes can do that, and he's even got a good relationship with Arsenal.

Fucking John Hughes can do that, and he's even got a good relationship with Arsenal.

Well done to John Hughes!

Why are people trying to use this as a negative for fucksake?! :lol:

Sorry, I'm wrong I can't believe he brought in players who did well for his side. What a cunt. I hope he doesn't do that here if he does come.

The new manager will be the biggest decision the club has to make; I think that is something we all plainly agree on. It's important we get this right. If this guy is who the club want, and with David Weir there with him I can see distinct advantages, then it is very important it works. It will define everyone's reputation how well he does, not just him.

A bit apprehensive about this.

There's no doubting he's had a good season , but how do we know it's not just a ' flash in the pan ' . Difficult to judge either way with just 18 months managerial experience and just over 50% win ratio.

On the other hand , being in the Championship , he should know first hand the talent that's there and , if affordable , it's where we could find some up and coming talent.

Guess I'm just a bit wary.

Sorry, I'm wrong I can't believe he brought in players who did well for his side. What a cunt. I hope he doesn't do that here if he does come.

Are people trying to use it as a negative, or are people just desperate we get the right man in?

Are people trying to use it as a negative, or are people just desperate we get the right man in?

Everyone will have a different opinion on Managers and I understand that. But telling lies and then downplaying what someone has done is just daft. Recruitment is a massive, massive part of our Summer. Warburton has shown he's done well at recruiting players but it's being used against him. :lol:

I just can't get my head around that.

No I understand the alternative completely. Warburton has had one job managing senior players and has nowhere near enough of a track record to know if he has the skills necessary to manage a club like ours. 18 months in charge of Brentford doesn't quite compare with the top job a Ibrox. How does he respond to failure? No one knows because he's only been a manager 18 months and took charge at Brentford in the L1 playoff places. How will he respond to the constant media scrutiny and fan pressure for success? Will he take the hump and resign again if the club decides to use more modern methods in its player recruitment? There's no relatively inexperienced about it. He's the same age as McCoist and has far less managerial and coaching experience.

The fact he doesn't mind wearing a suit on the touchline (although it may seem insignificant) is massive for me. Especially given that he knows the traditions and history of our club, we'd finally have a manager wearing the suit again, who actually knows what they're doing.

28B94EBC00000578-0-image-a-9_14331855365

Everyone will have a different opinion on Managers and I understand that. But telling lies and then downplaying what someone has done is just daft. Recruitment is a massive, massive part of our Summer. Warburton has shown he's done well at recruiting players but it's being used against him. :lol:

I just can't get my head around that.

I don't see it like that at all. I think we are all going to be naturally cautious with this appointment. If it is Warburton, and I think it will be, then he will have my support; but I also hope he is the right man.

The ability to sign players on loan hardly makes him the prime managerial candidate. Plenty managers get players on loan from EPL clubs, particularly Championship ones. The top six teams in the EPL loaned out something like 90 players in the last summer window.

I don't see it like that at all. I think we are all going to be naturally cautious with this appointment. If it is Warburton, and I think it will be, then he will have my support; but I also hope he is the right man.

You can't have an opinion on that, I just posted facts. Someone said half his team was made up of loan players, that's a lie.

The ability to sign players on loan hardly makes him the prime managerial candidate. Plenty managers get players on loan from EPL clubs, particularly Championship ones. The top six teams in the EPL loaned out something like 90 players in the last summer window.

When did I say it was?! :lol:

No I understand the alternative completely. Warburton has had one job managing senior players and has nowhere near enough of a track record to know if he has the skills necessary to manage a club like ours. 18 months in charge of Brentford doesn't quite compare with the top job a Ibrox. How does he respond to failure? No one knows because he's only been a manager 18 months and took charge at Brentford in the L1 playoff places. How will he respond to the constant media scrutiny and fan pressure for success? Will he take the hump and resign again if the club decides to use more modern methods in its player recruitment? There's no relatively inexperienced about it. He's the same age as McCoist and has far less managerial and coaching experience.

Who do you suggest we appoint instead?

I don't get what the problem with him signing a lot of players on loan is? He had a very tight budget at Brentford, and done the best with what he had to work with. He'd have more money available to him at Rangers, but we'd probably still pick up a few loanees, absolutely does no harm until we're back into a position where we can permanently sign players.

A bit apprehensive about this.

There's no doubting he's had a good season , but how do we know it's not just a ' flash in the pan ' . Difficult to judge either way with just 18 months managerial experience and just over 50% win ratio.

On the other hand , being in the Championship , he should know first hand the talent that's there and , if affordable , it's where we could find some up and coming talent.

Guess I'm just a bit wary.

Mind when George Burley took Ipswich to fifth in the EPL (qualifying for the UEFA Cup) then won Manager of the Year. Then he got them relegated the next season.

You can't have an opinion on that, I just posted facts. Someone said half his team was made up of loan players, that's a lie.

I'm only interested in his past record up to a point. This will be a whole new ball game if he becomes Rangers manager, and there are no guarantees about how well he'll do. Having David Weir beside him should help, but time will tell how well he'll do at Rangers.

I don't get what the problem with him signing a lot of players on loan is? He had a very tight budget at Brentford, and done the best with what he had to work with. He'd have more money available to him at Rangers, but we'd probably still pick up a few loanees, absolutely does no harm until we're back into a position where we can permanently sign players.

He spent a couple million on transfer fees last summer. I cant see us spending a couple million on fees for a few years yet.

I'm only interested in his past record up to a point. This will be a whole new ball game if he becomes Rangers manager, and there are no guarantees about how well he'll do. Having David Weir beside him should help, but time will tell how well he'll do at Rangers.

Or if he even comes to Rangers.