Possible Players For Next Season

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If these 11 players have been released then that should free up a far chunk of wages. I feel there needs to be a good balance of youth and experience brought in as well as a few players who would understand what playing for Rangers is all about.

He's getting on a bit, and I'm not sure how easily available he is, but Gordon Greer from Brighton would be a solid addition for next season and when we go up. Andy Halliday may not be a world beater but he'd be a dangerous player in Scotland as well as a big bluenose. Same with Jim McAllister from Dundee, huge Bear, experienced SPL player who can play all over the park. Scott Allan is a no brainer. I saw on here a few weeks ago Lewis Buxton had been released by Wednesday, another very experienced Championship centre half. Finally another player released by Wednesday that would be a great addition is Gary Madine. A bit of a headcase but is a big destructive centre forward when he's on his game.

If we signed those six, for starters, that would be two centre halves, a left winger, a midfield playmaker, a centre forward and a utility man. Would probably still need another few bodies though.

Don't want that prick Madine anywhere near us.

If Weir ends up as part of our coaching staff with Warburton, I bet one of the first players we will go after is Florent Cuvelier.

Weir paid a six figure fee for him when he was at Sheffield Utd and he was seen of one of his big guys, but he's basically been on the fringes of their squad since the day Weir left.

With Warburton having a really attack minded style of play, probably having a modest budget to work and us having no scouting system to speak of, I bet they will take a shot on him in the hope they can develop him into a better player.

Cuvelier would be a good signing I reckon. Was very impressed with him a few years ago when he was on loan at Walsall.

The thing is next season we will still have a core of last seasons dross before a new manager can make wholesale changes which

Will take time the thought of still having bell,mcgregor zal,law,and miller in the team,when we have to get off to a flyer is worrying

Even for the money we were paying over the last couple of seasons we could get a decent team sprinkled with a lot of upcoming talent. What we need is a Manager and scouting system that has a thorough knowledge of the lesser leagues of Europe such as Belgium, Eastern Europe, Norway, Sweden etc.

The most important thing is the quality of player we get. Speed, excellent technique, creativity, enthusiasm and good attitude are the essential qualities we need in each and every player we bring in. Alex Ferguson wouldn't have done any better with the players we had this season, but then again he also would never have signed them.

Ally M'coists biggest downfall was his inability to identify and source such qualities in players and instead employed a lazy and wholly misjudged policy of bringing in overpaid, under performing 'experience' with poor footballing ability.

So for me these are the attributes and visions any incoming Manager requires first and foremost.

We need a manager willing to give the youth we already have at the club a run. Seeing we are in the championship for another year.

Sinnamon, Gasparroto, Gallagher, Murdoch, McKay, Walsh, Hardie, Stoney all good young players, who with the right coaching would do well.