Name: Mihai Roman

Nationality: Romanian

Position: Centre Forward

Height: 6 foot 3"

Preferred Foot: Right

Goals Scored 14/15: 17

Club: CS PANDURII LIGNITUL TÂRGU JIU

Clubs League: Liga 1 (Romania)

Clubs League Position: 9th (18 team Division)

Cost: FREE (Out of contract 30/06/2015)

He signed to his current club last summer on a free, 1 of 23 players signed for a combined transfer fee of £0. It's fair to say that this club don't have much money and thus his wages are affordable to us.

Romania's top league may be mostly unknown to us but it's rated better than the SPFL, despite this he has 17 goals to his name, surely worth a punt for this division and has attributes that set the scene for a potential return on that punt.

Kind of player I would like to see us look at. Good find ?

why post it on here then ?

Please accept my humble apologies, I looked through the whole list ( maybe everyone never) and thought some bears may be interested, I am now suitably chastised and must read the op before going off at an inexcusable tangent.

Please accept my humble apologies, I looked through the whole list ( maybe everyone never) and thought some bears may be interested, I am now suitably chastised and must read the op before going off at an inexcusable tangent.

apology accepted

Was there a Championship team of the year ? If so, that would be a good place to start.

Championship: Neil Alexander (Hearts), David Gray (Hibernian), Alim Ozturk (Hearts), Danny Wilson (Hearts), Lewis Stevenson (Hibernian), Scott Allan (Hibernian), Morgaro Gomis (Hearts), Jamie Walker (Hearts), Gavin Reilly (Queen of the South), Rory Loy, (Falkirk), Osman Sow (Hearts).

The only ones I'd take would be Scott Allan and Jamie Walker.

Championship: Neil Alexander (Hearts), David Gray (Hibernian), Alim Ozturk (Hearts), Danny Wilson (Hearts), Lewis Stevenson (Hibernian), Scott Allan (Hibernian), Morgaro Gomis (Hearts), Jamie Walker (Hearts), Gavin Reilly (Queen of the South), Rory Loy, (Falkirk), Osman Sow (Hearts).

The only ones I'd take would be Scott Allan and Jamie Walker.

Wilson and Allan for me.

If Warburton ends up in charge of us and considering where we are and what's going to be available to us, I think Kalum Higinbotham would be a good signing. I think he would be a great fit playing in on the of '3' positions in Warburton's 4-2-3-1 set up. I think he's a player like Aluko was when he was at Aberdeen in that he's more talented than people think but people don't really notice him that much.

I'd probably take O'Donnell (I know, I know) from them too. He's still in his early 20's but he was one of best right backs in Scotland last year and that's been a problem position for us for years.

I know people talk about us broadening our horizons or whatever and I agree with that but that's not happening when we have no scouting network to speak of so it's probably going to be more of what we've seen over the past three years. Thankfully we might have a manager who signs players who fit his system and are signed to play a proper role rather than the sign whoever you can get and then squeeze them in with little thought approach that we seen so much under McCoist.

If Warburton ends up in charge of us and considering where we are and what's going to be available to us, I think Kalum Higinbotham would be a good signing. I think he would be a great fit playing in on the of '3' positions in Warburton's 4-2-3-1 set up. I think he's a player like Aluko was when he was at Aberdeen in that he's more talented than people think but people don't really notice him that much.

I'd probably take O'Donnell (I know, I know) from them too. He's still in his early 20's but he was one of best right backs in Scotland last year and that's been a problem position for us for years.

I know people talk about us broadening our horizons or whatever and I agree with that but that's not happening when we have no scouting network to speak of so it's probably going to be more of what we've seen over the past three years. Thankfully we might have a manager who signs players who fit his system and are signed to play a proper role rather than the sign whoever you can get and then squeeze them in with little thought approach that we seen so much under McCoist.

I like Higinbotham, player I suggested on here back when he was a Huddersfield player.

Would be happy if he was to come in.

As for the goalkeeping situation, I'd like us to look into the English loan system as it proved to be a successful option by Scottish clubs, Forster, Ruddy, Randolph, the Motherwell keeper they have at the minute, Oxley have all proved a success up here and it's certainly something I'd like us to look into.

A long shot but if Begovic stays another year with Stoke, Jack Butland on loan would be the type of signing we should be looking at.