Possible Players For Next Season

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even for the money we were paying over the last couple of seasons we could get a decent team sprinkled with a lot of upcoming talent. What we need is a Manager and scouting system that has a thorough knowledge of the lesser leagues of Europe such as Belgium, Eastern Europe, Norway, Sweden etc.

The most important thing is the quality of player we get. Speed, excellent technique, creativity, enthusiasm and good attitude are the essential qualities we need in each and every player we bring in. Alex Ferguson wouldn't have done any better with the players we had this season, but then again he also would never have signed them.

Ally M'coists biggest downfall was his inability to identify and source such qualities in players and instead employed a lazy and wholly misjudged policy of bringing in overpaid, under performing 'experience' with poor footballing ability.

So for me these are the attributes and visions any incoming Manager requires first and foremost.

TBF the likes of Taibi, Kleberson, Fangzou, Bellion & Cruyff make Bell, Black, Kyle, Sandaza & Ortiz look like Schmichael, Scholes, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney & Beckham!! ?

Brentford want a million for him. I simply can't see us spending that type of money on one player when we are in the position that we are.

Will Griggs at MK Dons.

Edit, sorry, didnt realise he was on loan.

Has a good goalscoring record, and even at £1 million is a steal. But i suspect we dont even have that to spend.

In a dream world we'd build the team as follows.

Bell is no good for me and a new keeper is needed. Although hes on a big wage and might be too expensive to leave on the bench. That said, an experienced safe pair of hands would be good. So someone like Steve Harper on a short term deal. Wage could be an issue with a player like that though. If the new manager does go ahead with Bell then there could be sn opening for 1 of the many young keepers we have at Auchenhowie.

In defence i think its almost certain Wallace will be the left back, even though hes been terrible lately.

Right back needs a bit of thought IMO. Its maybe a position where we might see the bulk of any transfer kitty spent.

McGregor is solid enough at center back, and would benefit with playing alongside a good partner. E.g Cuellar, whos available for free and maybe at an affordable wage. Young Gasparotto deserves game time this season when injuries occur and when the new man deploys 3 at the back.

In midfield i think signing a good playmaker is a must. Scott Allan seems to be forever linked to us and IMO would complement Murdoch in the middle.

I seen enough from Shiels when McCall arrived to suggest he has a future at the club.

Tom Walsh seems like a good prospect, and wil grow as a player with more starts. Just like Murdoch last season.

The left wing area is a tricky one aswell. Shane Ferguson showed some good stuff against Motherwell at Ibrox, and i wonder what he'd be like with a pre season under his belt. So is a possible signing.

Someond else ive always liked the look of is Ryan Fraser, who struggled for game time in the championship for Bournemouth and will most definitely get even less in the Premier League.

Up front is a problem area. Miller and Clark just dont have the goals in them that we need. A striker that will get us 25+ goals will make all the difference. Thats where we might need spend some money.

Will Grigg has been mentioed but will command a fee.

Ryan Hardie might get more time in the first team, and might just pitch up with a few goals.

But a solid striker will be needed.

All of this is hypothetical of course and depends on the budget and who the new manager is.