Possible Players For Next Season

I don't care if he is with an English Premier League side (although they are crap and will almost certainly go straight down) but I want Ikechi Anya of Watford.

That guy would run rings round any team up here. He is a big Rangers fan too.

He could cost a few bob but surely we aren't so bad we can't consider buying players from friggin' WATFORD! This ISN'T Messi we're talking about.

He would give us the kind of pace we need going forward. Even though we're stuck in the Championship, there is no reason we can't win the quadruple next season as the majority of Premiership teams shouldn't be a threat for us if we spend some money. Doesn't have to be megabucks but if we win the Championship at a canter, it gives us more time to concentrate on winning the Scottish Cup and getting European football for the following season.

I'll be honest and say I don't really want to us to buy many players from Scotland, maybe Scott Allan as an exception.

Knowing our luck though, Anya and Allan will be wearing green and white horizontal stripes rather than blue next season... I bloody hope not though!

Anya. From Watford? Anya, from friggin Watford, who have just been promoted to the EPL?

Anya from Watford (who have just been promoted to the EPL), would leave them to come to the Scottish Championship?

Tuned to the moon mate! :lol:

:lol:

madness.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there will be some tough decisions this summer, obviously we need to be buying players that are capable of 'walking' the championship. I just hope we get enough financial backing that we will be able to look to the future and sign players with the ability to comfortably compete in the spl also. Would hate us to replace most of the squad then have to do it again it a year or two.

I'm not sure how much of a fee he would command but Johnny Evans would be an improvement on anything we've got right now and he's meant to be on his way out of United, maybe out of our reach but who knows!

Noticed that Ipswich's Elliot Hewitt is available free and with needing a right back it seems a no brainer. Welsh under 21 international, had all the top sides looking at him before his Ipswich move which didn't work out once McCarthy arrived and he was put out on loan.

I really like the idea of signing young talented Scottish players who will likely know what its all bout to play for Rangers mixed with some Seasoned experienced pros and one or two foreign flair players

Stevie May on loan, Scotty Allan, Craig Sibbald and Will Vaulks from Falkirk too amd that Shay Logan at the Sheep would be a tremendous signing

I think there will be some tough decisions this summer, obviously we need to be buying players that are capable of 'walking' the championship. I just hope we get enough financial backing that we will be able to look to the future and sign players with the ability to comfortably compete in the spl also. Would hate us to replace most of the squad then have to do it again it a year or two.

There would be little point in that; as King himself has said exactly that.

It's up to him to deliver the promised investment.

It will be exiting if it happens.

I don't care if he is with an English Premier League side (although they are crap and will almost certainly go straight down) but I want Ikechi Anya of Watford.

That guy would run rings round any team up here. He is a big Rangers fan too.

He could cost a few bob but surely we aren't so bad we can't consider buying players from friggin' WATFORD! This ISN'T Messi we're talking about.

He would give us the kind of pace we need going forward. Even though we're stuck in the Championship, there is no reason we can't win the quadruple next season as the majority of Premiership teams shouldn't be a threat for us if we spend some money. Doesn't have to be megabucks but if we win the Championship at a canter, it gives us more time to concentrate on winning the Scottish Cup and getting European football for the following season.

I'll be honest and say I don't really want to us to buy many players from Scotland, maybe Scott Allan as an exception.

Knowing our luck though, Anya and Allan will be wearing green and white horizontal stripes rather than blue next season... I bloody hope not though!

I'd say Anya would cost around £3 million. We'll be lucky to have £1 million in total to spend on players.

I'm not sure how much of a fee he would command but Johnny Evans would be an improvement on anything we've got right now and he's meant to be on his way out of United, maybe out of our reach but who knows!

Yeah cracking idea. I reckon he would jump at the chance of moving from one of the biggest clubs in the world to the Scottish Championship. Not to add taking a £20-£30k wage reduction per week.

I'm off to get Evans on the back of my shirt in preparation.

Craig mackail smith.

Free agent, shown he can score goals down south and at 31 would be worth couple of years.

If we had any money that Jamie Mackie would be my first but, tenacious and reminds me bit of naismith without being a deserting scab.

He has played about 15 games in 24 months... I think we need consistancy. our benches are warm enough.

Scott Allan

Marley Watkins

Stevie May

Alex Pritchard

Andre Gray

Harlee Deen

Last 3 are from Brentford so that's if Warburton is the manager :lol: Doubt we'd get them in the Championship anyway.

Should have also signed Graeme Shinnie before the sheep got him. Would have good enough to replace Wallace.

Pritchard is a spurs player. Was on loan last season. Cracking wee player.

Really don't rate Hardie, albeit I've only seen 3 or 4 games worth, plenty of time to prove me wrong, but I don't think he'll make it. Didn't look particularly quick, intelligent or tricky, but if it's a toss up between him and Boyd, Hardie all the way. Hope the young lad proves me wrong, but I don't get the clamour to stick him in ahead of Gallagher/Miller/Clark, all 3 of them appear better options to me.

Sinnamon, if he's half as good as people on here make out, we've got ourselves a decent player, bare in mind, we've the worst set of RB's we've had at the club for a good few years, Foster, Faure, McGregor the centre half, Arghryio the year before, if he can't cement that spot down, he never will. Big season next year for the lad.

The core, could be there imo. I said in the Bell thread that I think he's more than decent, but the shoulder injury isn't something you can just forget about, he appears weak and nervous. He needs a good preseason and perhaps some help for him to regain his mental confidence.

Bell

Sinnamon McGregor ? Wallace

Murdoch ?

Mckay ? Walsh

?

4 positions up for grabs in my team, and I wouldn't be surprised to see McKay and Walsh drop out of that team if the new gaffer doesn't fancy them, so potentially 6 positions up for grabs, I could see Shiels staying on, as I think he's had a good end to the season, but ideally, I'd prefer Allan at Hibs.

A lot of things up in the air, we need a new manager an a head scout appointed ASAP.

Yeah cracking idea. I reckon he would jump at the chance of moving from one of the biggest clubs in the world to the Scottish Championship. Not to add taking a £20-£30k wage reduction per week.

I'm off to get Evans on the back of my shirt in preparation.

Very good ?

Are ppl forgetting where we are? The Scottish championship! It would be hard enough bringing half them players to play in the Scottish Premier.

We should be looking at youth, simples. Scott Alan would be about the only realistic signing or any other championship player..... this thread has put a smile on my face tho, Evans? Really?? lol

Are ppl forgetting where we are? The Scottish championship! It would be hard enough bringing half them players to play in the Scottish Premier.

We should be looking at youth, simples. Scott Alan would be about the only realistic signing or any other championship player..... this thread has put a smile on my face tho, Evans? Really?? lol

It's not out of the realms of possibility to get the boy on loan is it?

Yeah Jonny Evans would be magic for us. We could base the spine of the team around him...We'll need to raise a bit of cash for him mind, or alternatively like Hash said get him on loan, wonder if Manure are up for paying all of his wages? Add Anya to this dream team as well, once we sell Bell, Wallace,Law,Shiels and maybe 4 or 5 others we'll have raised around 1.5m, just need to find the other 3m, then obviously having got rid of these 8 players off the wage bill we will be able to pay Anya £20k/week or whatever. Then there's Danny Ings.....

Yeah Jonny Evans would be magic for us. We could base the spine of the team around him...We'll need to raise a bit of cash for him mind, or alternatively like Hash said get him on loan, wonder if Manure are up for paying all of his wages? Add Anya to this dream team as well, once we sell Bell, Wallace,Law,Shiels and maybe 4 or 5 others we'll have raised around 1.5m, just need to find the other 3m, then obviously having got rid of these 8 players off the wage bill we will be able to pay Anya £20k/week or whatever. Then there's Danny Ings.....

You're off your head mate

Edit - :lol: just read that back and the sarcastic nature was lost on me. I assume it was sarcastic anyway (tu)

Don't forget Vlad Weiss. He's itching to give up his highly paid career in the middle east and come here to play against clubs like Alloa in the middle of the Scottish winter.

You're off your head mate

Don't forget Vlad Weiss. He's itching to give up his highly paid career in the middle east and come here to play against clubs like Alloa in the middle of the Scottish winter.

Yeah I hadn't finished, was going to say Weiss and although it may sound even more mental that Man Utd Centreback and 70k a week defender, along with newly promoted to the EPL Watford and their wide man Anya coming....Hull have just been relegated, surely Jela won't want to rot away in the Championship....I'll think of ways of raising 7m and 40k/week in the next few minutes.....