Vitor Periera Favorite To Become Next Rangers Manager

Bear cub1

Thread title states that Periera is favourite, as far as I'm aware he hasn't been favourite at any stage.

He was favorite when I started this thread and he was still favorite when you posted saying I was talking shite, I said in the first post that Pereira was 6/4 Warburton was 11/4 and mcleish, mcinnes and mccall were all 6/1, do you think I just fckn made all that up ?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was favorite when I started this thread and he was still favorite when you posted saying I was talking shite, I said in the first post that Pereira was 6/4 Warburton was 11/4 and mcleish, mcinnes and mccall were all 6/1, do you think I just fckn made all that up ?

Obv ffs what else could it be haha

Aye.

Seriously, I didn't read full thread to be honest and checked it on oddschecker at the time - it probably was as you say on skybet.

Got to say Periera, Wharburton and Cathro show that the board have been thinking out the norm and all appear to have a good footballing philosophy If it's any one of them then it's a decent attempt to move away from the old ex Rangers men / traditional Scottish style

Got to say Periera, Wharburton and Cathro show that the board have been thinking out the norm and all appear to have a good footballing philosophy If it's any one of them then it's a decent attempt to move away from the old ex Rangers men / traditional Scottish style

Just has to be the right candidate no matter who,McCoist was ex Rangers men Scottish style and was hopeless and PLG was a move away from the norm in terms of traditional Scottish style and looked what happened there.

So I suppose the candidate has to be the right one to fit in with whatever structure the board intend implementing no matter what his background is.

Just has to be the right candidate no matter who,McCoist was ex Rangers men Scottish style and was hopeless and PLG was a move away from the norm in terms of traditional Scottish style and looked what happened there.

So I suppose the candidate has to be the right one to fit in with whatever structure the board intend implementing no matter what his background is.

Most people will probably disagree with me but I think PLG would have succeeded if given more time. The problem was back then that if we lost and Celtic won then it was a disaster. Would be a different story now he would have been afforded a bit more time. He came 10 years too early I think. In my opinion I think he would have done well eventually but the way we were then didn't allow for someone not to hit the ground running.

Most people will probably disagree with me but I think PLG would have succeeded if given more time.

I used to agree with this, but with hindsight, Paul le Guen made an arse of his six months here.

He over-reacted with Ricksen, recruited some awful players, failed to adapt to our opponents' game plans, disposed of Bardsley (One of our only shining lights during that period) for tackling in training, banned tackling in training(!), was delusional in post-match interviews and Ferguson aside, how on earth did Gavin Rae end up with the captain's armband? He hadn't featured remotely regularly.

Anyone interested in le Guen's transfer activity during the summer of 2006 should read 'Paul le Guen: Enigma' by Mark Guidi. Truly astonishing.

Most people will probably disagree with me but I think PLG would have succeeded if given more time. The problem was back then that if we lost and Celtic won then it was a disaster. Would be a different story now he would have been afforded a bit more time. He came 10 years too early I think. In my opinion I think he would have done well eventually but the way we were then didn't allow for someone not to hit the ground running.

I would have agreed if he had went on to even a half decent career after he left us. He hasnt though. He has been fecking brutal.

I used to agree with this, but with hindsight, Paul le Guen made an arse of his six months here.

He over-reacted with Ricksen, recruited some awful players, failed to adapt to our opponents' game plans, disposed of Bardsley (One of our only shining lights during that period) for tackling in training, banned tackling in training(!), was delusional in post-match interviews and Ferguson aside, how on earth did Gavin Rae end up with the captain's armband? He hadn't featured remotely regularly.

Anyone interested in le Guen's transfer activity during the summer of 2006 should read 'Paul le Guen: Enigma' by Mark Guidi. Truly astonishing.

To be honest mate I think it's not to dissimilar to what's going on across the city at the tattie dome just now. Foreigner comes in, makes some stupid decisions, rattling a few cages and not getting to grips with the culture. Deila has kind of adapted his methods to suit everybody now because he got a little bit more time to learn. PLG wasn't given the chance to learn, he was out the door at basically the first sign of trouble. Deila has obviously had the comfort of not having us in the division to mount a serious challenge which was a luxury PLG never had

There's a fair bit of revisionism where PLG's concerned,I appreciated the brand of football he was trying to play but his execution of this brand was poor and when you think how poor Rangers were defensively PLG really had to go.

To be honest mate I think it's not to dissimilar to what's going on across the city at the tattie dome just now. Foreigner comes in, makes some stupid decisions, rattling a few cages and not getting to grips with the culture. Deila has kind of adapted his methods to suit everybody now because he got a little bit more time to learn. PLG wasn't given the chance to learn, he was out the door at basically the first sign of trouble. Deila has obviously had the comfort of not having us in the division to mount a serious challenge which was a luxury PLG never had

That's true. Without Celtic, I have no doubt le Guen would have been a success of sorts.

Deila has it easy. Yet, the guy genuinely believes he's achieving something at Parkhead. That fist thing he does at full-time infuriates me, as he's the messiah who has brought glory days.

There's a fair bit of revisionism where PLG's concerned,I appreciated the brand of football he was trying to play but his execution of this brand was poor and when you think how poor Rangers were defensively PLG really had to go.

The centre-back pairing of Karl Svensson and Brahim Hemdani was the worst I had witnessed at our fine club until Mohsni partnered McCulloch.

Your at it. Imagine promoting a graham spiers book in here.

Agree with this.

I've been a supporter of Cathro , still am , but as we find out more about Warburton and Periera , I'd be quite confident of any of those three , should they get it.

Agree with this.

I've been a supporter of Cathro , still am , but as we find out more about Warburton and Periera , I'd be quite confident of any of those three , should they get it.

I feel the same gmcf, don't know enough about each of them to pit them up against each other so I'd be happy with any of them.