Our New Captain Is....possibly John Eustace

trueblueal

You usually are. A 100% record if i'm not mistaken.

I don't know if you are mistaken or not. I don't keep count. Besides which there are few enough matters where an outcome is patently right or patently wrong. I won't mind being wrong if, this time next season the Club is looking forward to top flight football at the start of next season. Right now, with a relatively unknown Manager and one who as zero track record of managing a Club of the stature of Rangers has - imo - more than a few hallmarks of being a bit of a gamble. So too with some of the players being touted as signing targets. But there we go. Its just an opinion and one which can be revised when the season gets going and we actually see who has actually signed and how MW actually sets up a team and if it actually wins games and wins them well enough to clearly be the real article as prospective Championship winners. Until then we stand at the beginning of the MW era. It is to be hoped it is not an 'if only' era.

Where was it reported he was on £15k?

If you search about the web, there are a lot of stories suggesting this.

He transferred over to Charles green and kept his Salary - along with McCulloch and Wallace - they were the 3 highest earners as they kept the premiership wage.

Charles green offered Neil Alexander 10k a week on a one year deal and he wanted a two year deal as he would be losing a 3rd of his income.

He didn't accept that offer, but was made a later offer of 5k a week for a 2 year deal which meant him losing 2 thirds of his earnings.

It's all paper talk, but you would have to believe that he was on a big deal if he was back up to Alan McGregor and he was awarded over 80K in a court because we didn't pay him the correct bonuses when mcgregor left

Nobody anticipated we would be signing a 35 year old but I think we have to have trust in MW's judgement and give our backing to him and any new signings. After all the poor signings we have had I really don't think the new manager could bring in anything remotely as bad as we have had to put up with, especially given his experience in the English Championship.

If he signs the important thing will be who else follows, what type of player he has around him, at his age will determine what type of game he needs to play. So, get him signed and get some real attacking youth around him.

If he signs the important thing will be who else follows, what type of player he has around him, at his age will determine what type of game he needs to play. So, get him signed and get some real attacking youth around him.

Actually he was offered deal on much much lower terms that what he was on - he didn't take it.

He was one of our highest earners on a reported 15k a week ..

Where do people pluck these figures from?!

Would be a good signing imo. 2 year deal would be ok. To be fair anyone who was playing in the English championship, especially one of the better teams would stroll any level in Scottish football. Think we defo need a good holding midfielder and he seems a real leader. Warburton would probs have him sitting and two more attacking players in front. At the moment that would be Shiels and Law, but could be the likes of Allan and MacLeod, or whoever else he is looking at. And with regards to age look at Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard etc. They strolled it playing at a far higher level and a lot of them are even older. We could easily get at least 2 quality years out of him.

I have seen him play quite regularly while watching Derby games and I also picked him out when he played for Hereford so he has always been a player that stood out to me as having the X factor that is required to be a Rangers captain. I suggested on here that we sign the lad last year but I was shot down.

Missed the first 3 games of last season, played 9 consecutively after that, has played 4 games since the 18th October 2014 & not been seen since Jan 10th (when he was sent off).

What makes anyone believe we can rely on this player?

So many people unhappy about him immediately being our Captain because the Daily fucking Record says it's so.

doh - Incredible.

IF it is true then the Manager clearly fancies this player to be one of the experienced players he has referenced he wants in his squad. He has been very clear on his preferred age and style of play so let's trust the guy to get on with the job.

Yep - a lot of our fans have missed the youth supplemented with EXPERIENCE part of Warbutons intent!

A player gets one bad injury and he's written off as injury prone :lol:

He's averaging 30 games a year ffs.

And they all come back and give years of service at the age of 35, don't they?

Tough enough when you've got a player on your books already & you're hoping he'll see out his contract.

One hell of a gamble if you sign one in such circumstances.

Have we got any examples of a situation like this that's worked out?

Far too risky imo. If he arrives and by October doesn't fancy it that's us a man down.

Can't afford that.

If Warburton has actually sanctioned this signing, he'll know what he's getting. And by all accounts, the only thing we can be certain about is he'll definitely fancy getting stuck right in

The only debate as far as I can I see, is whether he'll be physically able to.